Northside barber shop, city at odds o...

Northside barber shop, city at odds over sign

There are 22 comments on the Tribune-Star story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Northside barber shop, city at odds over sign. In it, Tribune-Star reports that:

The confiscation of a barber shop sign has business owners and city officials each claiming the other's gone a hair too far.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tribune-Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Sep 10, 2010
Sounds like one hell of a thing to be concerened about. To the Stadler boys: KICK THEIR ASS!!!
Dan Stevens

League City, TX

#2 Sep 10, 2010
THPD at there best!
Ted

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Sep 11, 2010
I agree. Shouldn't we focus on criminal activity? This is insane!!!!
Jay

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Sep 11, 2010
This could have been handled better by the city. Seems like they have gotten in the middle od a feud with neighbors.
Gerald

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Sep 11, 2010
The city sent five police officers there!!! There was never any threats of guns. It was all made up.
Tony

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Sep 11, 2010
Leave the Stadlers alone!!!!!!!!!!
Birdmaaaaan

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2010
what kind of nazi tactics are these? But maybe taking down a sign helps with the meth problem in Terre Haute...
Ripoff

Huntingdon, PA

#8 Sep 11, 2010
It's time for me to get a new name. If you want to do it right, it's Birrrrrrrrrdman! You should also stick a Harvey in front of it.
Sadie

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Sep 12, 2010
Sounds like they were trying to scalp the barbers!!!!!
in the dark

United States

#10 Sep 15, 2010
What sign? and what did it say?
buddly

United States

#11 Sep 15, 2010
in the dark wrote:
What sign? and what did it say?
Read full story in the Trib Star
john

Punxsutawney, PA

#12 Sep 15, 2010
the sign had the name of the shop on it the prices and hours thats all the city lied on the stadlers about a gun and they was trying to corporates with the city they wasnt corporating with the stadlers at all how can a city take private property and destory it without any kinda of court order or any fines nothing!!!!!!!!!!stealing is stealing no matter who does it!!!!!!!!!!
TH Nazis

League City, TX

#13 Sep 15, 2010
Terre Haute Nazi's at your service, we are and will do what we want!!!!!!
buddly

United States

#14 Sep 15, 2010
john wrote:
the sign had the name of the shop on it the prices and hours thats all the city lied on the stadlers about a gun and they was trying to corporates with the city they wasnt corporating with the stadlers at all how can a city take private property and destory it without any kinda of court order or any fines nothing!!!!!!!!!!stealing is stealing no matter who does it!!!!!!!!!!
Whew! All the above without any punctuation.
John Stadlers

United States

#15 Feb 9, 2013
I have never been in trouble with the city over any sign
Bald eagle

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Feb 9, 2013
According to the article the city gave the sign back, whether the gun threat was real or not doesn't matter, I would like to see if the sign was really an obstruction or not and the placement of it before I judge on if the removal was an over reaction. If the barber shop would move it to a legal location this silly mess would be over and the police can work on different crimes, or nourishing their bodies so that they can outweigh the next perp.
BIG DOG

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Feb 10, 2013
This is old, old news.
Cledus

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Feb 10, 2013
Sign hell, they out to lock up his religious propaganda blaring golf cart for disturbing the peace & being on the streets. This dude needs a frontal lobe lobotomy.
Cledus

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Feb 10, 2013
Uhh..."they ought"
crimestoppers

Fairfax, VA

#20 Feb 11, 2013
I sure miss Ol man Kim! He's working downtown Indy now. He was glad to get out of there. Said old man stad came in with a gun and threatened to shoot all of them. This family feud has been brewing for some time. It's bound to blow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Precinct Filings - Here’s Why 10 min Justice 22
News MedExpress Urgent Care in Terre Haute to close 19 min Norm 2
Greenwood manor trash 1 hr macho man 6
Union Nutrition Department is a JOKE!! 1 hr Jack 1
News Trial date set for Terre Haute man accused of c... 2 hr William 3
Broke up with my married gf 3 hr Jake 12
Can't Trust Union Hospital 4 hr Soothsayer 71
Most powerful politician in Terre Haute (Nov '12) 13 hr Fireaxe Angels 28
Dr Tanoos may be retiring 14 hr last 71
United Christian Church on 46 and Hulman Tue terre haute 6