Health Dept shuts Golden Corral AGAIN!!!

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Food Maven

Sun Prairie, WI

#1 Nov 28, 2008
Vigo County Health Department closes Golden Corral; restaurant reopens

Staff report
The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE — A Terre Haute restaurant was back in business Wednesday after a brief closure due to Vigo County Health Department violations.

The Golden Corral, 10 W. Johnson Drive near Honey Creek Mall, was closed by the health department Tuesday for what environmental health supervisor Travella Myers called a “sanitizing” issue.

“They were shut down yesterday and they were re-opened today,” she said Wednesday afternoon, noting a complaint had been issued regarding dirty dishes.

Health inspectors who returned Wednesday however found the restaurant “almost immaculate” and it was then re-opened, she said.

“It must have been out of this world,” Myers said of the turn-around, noting the restaurant was returned to operational status upon the new inspection.

The general manager for the Golden Corral declined to comment Wednesday and a call to his supervisor was not returned.
Local citizen

Sun Prairie, WI

#2 Nov 28, 2008
What is this...... 3 times now??

When is this DUMP going to get it??? You can't run a hap-hazard business and expect the locals to eat there!

Get your freeking act together!!!
proudmomof2

United States

#3 Nov 28, 2008
thank god they reopened! I didn't know where I was going to take my fatty family for thanksgiving!
rev billy bob

United States

#4 Nov 28, 2008
Golden Corral will always be open, the pigs have to have some place to take the kids
John

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2008
This society is too babied.

Since: Oct 08

AOL

#6 Nov 28, 2008
proudmomof2 wrote:
thank god they reopened! I didn't know where I was going to take my fatty family for thanksgiving!
Oh look, kim is back
who

United States

#7 Nov 29, 2008
Kim who? Tell me please!!! That mom has a big mouth.
reeltime

Amo, IN

#8 Nov 29, 2008
From the look of it Mom wasn't the reason that a lot of peeps abandoned this forum. It was all the flamers. Mom was just an easy target for them.

If you don't have something constructive to say, then don't say anything.
Ghandi531

AOL

#9 Nov 30, 2008
Didn't the Golden Corral recently offer a free meal to our Veterens and active soldiers? That would be a disgrace that these soldiers past and present survive war and be served a big dose of food poisening at home. I'm just saying!

AOL

#10 Nov 30, 2008
who wrote:
Kim who? Tell me please!!! That mom has a big mouth.
yea, right kim, we all know at this point.

AOL

#11 Nov 30, 2008
Ghandi531 wrote:
Didn't the Golden Corral recently offer a free meal to our Veterens and active soldiers? That would be a disgrace that these soldiers past and present survive war and be served a big dose of food poisening at home. I'm just saying!
They did didn't they... ahhh, that really suck's. I hope no one did get food poisoning!!!

AOL

#12 Nov 30, 2008
reeltime wrote:
From the look of it Mom wasn't the reason that a lot of peeps abandoned this forum. It was all the flamers. Mom was just an easy target for them.
If you don't have something constructive to say, then don't say anything.
Hey, Reel... I keep missing you on here... Hope all is well with ya and ya had a good thanksgiving. I know me and my fatty family did...hehe:)
Mr Obvious

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Nov 30, 2008
Any other Golden Corral I have every been in was pretty nice but that one is gross! I think that when these type of things happen the 1st one to get fired should be the manager and the obvious message to the new manager would be don't do what they did or didn't do! If it keeps happening then keep firing until you get the right person in place that cares enough not to get fired, duhhhhh!
Local citizen wrote:
What is this...... 3 times now??
When is this DUMP going to get it??? You can't run a hap-hazard business and expect the locals to eat there!
Get your freeking act together!!!
Darryl S

Sun Prairie, WI

#14 Dec 1, 2008
In all fairness to the Corral.....

If a restaurant is on the Vigo County's shyt list, they will be hassled constantly. I heard that they shut them down once just because there were some dirty baking dishes left of the floor??

What does it matter if they are going to wash them anyways??? You never hear about the all the numbered chinese buffets getting cited. I can guarantee you their kitchens are about as nasty as it gets!!
Oh yeah

Pryor, OK

#16 Dec 1, 2008
Darryl S wrote:
In all fairness to the Corral.....
If a restaurant is on the Vigo County's **** list, they will be hassled constantly. I heard that they shut them down once just because there were some dirty baking dishes left of the floor??
What does it matter if they are going to wash them anyways??? You never hear about the all the numbered chinese buffets getting cited. I can guarantee you their kitchens are about as nasty as it gets!!
YES! Someone who knows how this crapy Vigo County system works!!
Oh yeah

Pryor, OK

#17 Dec 1, 2008
By the way, the chinese restaurants ARE nasty! They leave the food on the buffet all night. No heat, no refrigeration. That is just one small thing they do.
Former worker

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Dec 1, 2008
That place is trash, i worked there for a week and quit. I found somewhere better. You couldnt pay me to eat there.
Moose Cup

AOL

#20 Dec 1, 2008
Number one reason not to go to the Golden Corral is that they do not have any Golden Men or Women to run it. The people either do not wish to be in Terre Haute or they have no ability to do selective hiring for the right people with the right skills to turn it around. Two years ago they had people from Florida, Iowa, Kentucky...
Amazing no locals in Indiana or Illinois to help out.
Not True

Columbus, OH

#21 Dec 1, 2008
Last time I went the Meatloaf was Pink in the middle and they tried to tell me that is how it is suppose to be,that was 3 years ago,haven't been back since to use my in store credit.
proudmomof2

Pickerington, OH

#22 Dec 2, 2008
Hey , I made that meatloaf and it was green not pink ! You people just don't know good food when you see it . I am really tired that some tool from the city comes in here and tells me that I need to wash my hands after I go to the bathroom .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Real Nathan 3 min Annoyed 5
Funny Shiiit 49 min No Problems 4
heather jones (Sep '14) 1 hr citizen 14
Terre Haute North 1 hr huh 7
whos the tramps in town? 1 hr Jiblowme 3
Megan Targett 3 hr Mikey 13
Michelle price attorney 5 hr Lynn 11
What would you do if your child told you a teac... 18 hr Www 77
More from around the web

Terre Haute People Search