Mexicans at Sony DADC Thread

Mexicans at Sony DADC Thread

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

North Side Fat Man

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Oct 9, 2008
Why can't I access the comments???
reeltime

Pittsboro, IN

#2 Oct 9, 2008
Inappropriate threads get deleted.
middleclass

United States

#3 Oct 12, 2008
if that's the case alot of threads should get deleted. because alot of slamming goes on instead of just opinions. some of these people need to get more of a life instead of the computer and just knocking other people. why did channel 10 start this forum?
reeltime

Pittsboro, IN

#4 Oct 12, 2008
advertising
Livin for the City

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 12, 2008
Look DADC and that temp agency are ripping our city and the people who work (or try to work here) OFF! I know for a fact they are shipping Mexican's in to work and not working people here. This company is disgraceful and the T. H. City council should never give DADC another TAX EBATEMENT....
Just thinking

Canal Winchester, OH

#6 Oct 13, 2008
Livin for the City wrote:
Look DADC and that temp agency are ripping our city and the people who work (or try to work here) OFF! I know for a fact they are shipping Mexican's in to work and not working people here. This company is disgraceful and the T. H. City council should never give DADC another TAX EBATEMENT....

Sounds to me like someone who didn't get hired is a little upset....maybe you didn't pass the drug screening?? Hmmmm????

Since: Jul 08

Vermillion County

#7 Oct 13, 2008
I know a few who are working there as temps. I really doubt Sony is throwing mexicans into a truck and shipping them here.
No_Way_JOSE

United States

#8 Oct 13, 2008
i guess that would be similar to chinese restaurants....take a peek in the kitchen of any chinese joint around.....a few chinese working out front most of the kitchen staff i will gurantee has no papers from mexico....lets raise the welfare rates so more people who dont pay taxes can collect more free
spending money
Work at sony

Poland, IN

#10 Oct 14, 2008
How would grow up know about sony, i have worked there almost twenty years. They screw the hourly workers every day.We are forced to work overtime with out over time pay.They bus in mexicans and burmize from indy.They trash the plant every day but since they are cheap help managment looks the other way.Sony used to be a great place to work but the last few years the old timers like me have been leaving in droves.
The Real bee

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 14, 2008
If you are working overtime without overtime pay then report them for it. http://www.in.gov/dol/2767.htm

Any employer must pay time and 1/2 for overtime. Youcv an file a claim with Inidana Dept of Labor and DADC is subject to federal Fair Labor Standards Act. If they fire you for it then you can sue them and any lawyer who specialized in this type of case would love to have that case.

Labor law postings of the most current labor laws and regulations are a mandatory requirement for all businesses. Penalties cam be imposed on businesses that do not display or properly display their labor law posters in the workplace.
If Sony does not have the poster where employees can see it they are in violation of the compliance act. Report them and file a claim. Dont let them get away with it. But you will need proof such as paycheck stubs that shows you have worked overtime without being paid for it.
grow up

Mountain Lakes, NJ

#12 Oct 14, 2008
Work at sony wrote:
How would grow up know about sony, i have worked there almost twenty years. They screw the hourly workers every day.We are forced to work overtime with out over time pay.They bus in mexicans and burmize from indy.They trash the plant every day but since they are cheap help managment looks the other way.Sony used to be a great place to work but the last few years the old timers like me have been leaving in droves.
I work at sony too and I get overtime after 40 hours worked, that's how I know. Maybe if you could get some co-workers to do some work sony wouldn't have to rely on cheap labor. Like I said before, instead of bitching, help the people in this community by educating and reforming the meth heads and welfare abusers.
Outsider

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Oct 15, 2008
They might ship them in but all the money goes to Japan.
amanda

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 18, 2008
Livin for the City wrote:
Look DADC and that temp agency are ripping our city and the people who work (or try to work here) OFF! I know for a fact they are shipping Mexican's in to work and not working people here. This company is disgraceful and the T. H. City council should never give DADC another TAX EBATEMENT....
this ins't true at all. i worked or sony dadc and i know they do not ship in mexicans. you people just need to back off and dont be mad because they are better workers. they really are. i ran two lines out there one with mexicans and one with americans. the americans didnt show up half of the time, were slow, late, and lazy. the mexicans were always on time, tripled the amount needed and were never late. if i had a business id rather hire them than an american. dont be mad.
DADC Supervisor

Westerville, OH

#15 Oct 18, 2008
amanda wrote:
<quoted text> this ins't true at all. i worked or sony dadc and i know they do not ship in mexicans. you people just need to back off and dont be mad because they are better workers. they really are. i ran two lines out there one with mexicans and one with americans. the americans didnt show up half of the time, were slow, late, and lazy. the mexicans were always on time, tripled the amount needed and were never late. if i had a business id rather hire them than an american. dont be mad.
and how long you been dating them AManda
I have worked at DADC since it arrival here
and have found american employees work well and the mexicans while showing up on time as you say
have to be told many times what to do because many speak either broken english or no english at all so that must explain DADC hiring of more bilingual supervisors grow up girl
work at sony

Mountain Lakes, NJ

#16 Oct 19, 2008
Thanks for clearing that up dadc super,now clear up how they screw us four on four off people on our pay.It seems some five day a week N.V.A. person at pittman is confused.
unknown

Tyrone, PA

#17 Oct 20, 2008
Married to Army wrote:
I know a few who are working there as temps. I really doubt Sony is throwing mexicans into a truck and shipping them here.
Hi i work at sony and they are shipping mexican's there on a bus not a truck from plainfield. i think they should quit being so up tight and let the people work here that want to work and let people try and have a second chance in life and let people who have be arrested work it's not like they can steal anything because of the security everywhere.. let the mexican's work in plainfield not terre haute thanks
unknown

Tyrone, PA

#18 Oct 20, 2008
DADC Supervisor wrote:
<quoted text>
and how long you been dating them AManda
I have worked at DADC since it arrival here
and have found american employees work well and the mexicans while showing up on time as you say
have to be told many times what to do because many speak either broken english or no english at all so that must explain DADC hiring of more bilingual supervisors grow up girl
sorry but they do now maybe you should come back and work c shirf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duke vacations while budget burns 3 min Just a thought 2
Anyone tried fit foot massage or sunny spa? 59 min John 6
Food for thought 1 hr Hollywoodrose1972 1
IUHEALTH taking over Union Hospital 1 hr Normal Sinus R 8
Nasty A×s ANGEL SLUDER & jensen joy 1 hr lowlives 6
Fake news warning 2 hr U812 8
jamie stith is a pedophile 3 hr Jimbo 5
WTWO awol at 6:00 PM Friday night 11 hr goad teef 5
Chad Kreamer Sat Curious 27

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages