Replacement for Dr. Pitts at Woodrow ...
Teacher II

Whiteland, IN

#108 Jul 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="so...."]<quo ted text>
So we are settling for more mediocracy. Nice.[/QUOTE]
We aren't settling, it is imposed upon us by Mr. Tanoos and his board. Mr. Mardis gave Mr. Tanoos his first teaching job so now it is payback. The daughter-in-law gets the Wilson job. She is not really a very nice person and professes to be a strong Christian. At least she will be close to Starbucks and she might be able to get to school before 8:15.
matchmaker

Brazil, IN

#109 Jul 23, 2013
I do not think it is payback, I think it is desperation. He has promised her something if she takes this because NOBODY would. It was offered to more than one person. People are tired of having their chains yanked. Should make for an interesting year .
Yup

United States

#110 Jul 23, 2013
Ya know what's really funny? There was not one person discussed in this thread positively. I'm convinced that you people would have complained no matter who was chosen. Can we not just give Mrs. Mardis & Mrs. Gore a chance? Support and encouragement is really what's needed as they start a new, very important job that will affect many children and educators.

Or you can keep bitching, be part of the problem and not part of the solution!
yup

Terre Haute, IN

#111 Jul 23, 2013
Yup wrote:
Ya know what's really funny? There was not one person discussed in this thread positively. I'm convinced that you people would have complained no matter who was chosen. Can we not just give Mrs. Mardis & Mrs. Gore a chance? Support and encouragement is really what's needed as they start a new, very important job that will affect many children and educators.

Who was mentioned worthy of a positive comment?
Abc

Terre Haute, IN

#112 Jul 24, 2013
matchmaker wrote:
I do not think it is payback, I think it is desperation. He has promised her something if she takes this because NOBODY would. It was offered to more than one person. People are tired of having their chains yanked. Should make for an interesting year .
I couldn't agree with you more. More of the same old crap.
wasp

Terre Haute, IN

#113 Jul 24, 2013
I wish they would've given Seymour Skinner a chance....
bit€h-bit€h- bit€h

United States

#114 Jul 24, 2013
All you teachers do is bit€h-bit€h-bit€h.

Just do your damn job and teach. Let the administration do theirs.

SHUT UP!
meow

Terre Haute, IN

#115 Jul 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="bit€h-bit€ h-bit€h"]All you teachers do is bit€h-bit€h-bit₠¬h.

Just do your damn job and teach. Let the administration do theirs.

SHUT UP![/QUOTE]

Ooh...feisty! Meow!
Toad ya

Terre Haute, IN

#116 Jul 24, 2013
Yup wrote:
Clueless. You were not born and raised here so you don't know how things are done!
generic

Terre Haute, IN

#117 Jul 25, 2013
Isn't this a very generic/broad/PC answer:

"I would like to build upon the great legacy that Wilson already has,” said Mardis.“My top things are good discipline, fine instruction, and parental involvement. We want parents to know this is their school, too, and we want them involved with their children with great communication."

Give specifics on how this will be done with her leadership.
dumba$$

Terre Haute, IN

#118 Jul 25, 2013
generic wrote:
Isn't this a very generic/broad/PC answer:

"I would like to build upon the great legacy that Wilson already has,” said Mardis.“My top things are good discipline, fine instruction, and parental involvement. We want parents to know this is their school, too, and we want them involved with their children with great communication."

Give specifics on how this will be done with her leadership.
What else did you expect her to say?
curious

Terre Haute, IN

#119 Jul 25, 2013
Who's dean?
rumor

Terre Haute, IN

#120 Jul 25, 2013
curious wrote:
Who's dean?
Rumor has it- Brian Sullivan.
hmm

United States

#121 Jul 26, 2013
rumor wrote:
<quoted text>Rumor has it- Brian Sullivan.
I'll believe it when I see it.
Kpop

Holton, IN

#122 Jul 26, 2013
Know Ms. Gore will do her job, but she'll end up doing Mardis' job, too. This will eventually impact the effectiveness of Ms. Gore cuz she 'll be cleaning/covering for Mardis. Poor choice Tanoos. Heard you couldn't get anyone else to take it. Should tell you something about your high turnover rate with administrators.
Hmm

Terre Haute, IN

#123 Jul 27, 2013
Interesting that Sarah Gore got it. She hasn't been teaching very long. Love the fact that she will be assistant in the school her sister-in-law got fired from.
really?

United States

#124 Jul 28, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Interesting that Sarah Gore got it. She hasn't been teaching very long. Love the fact that she will be assistant in the school her sister-in-law got fired from.
Who is her sister-in-law?
teacher2

United States

#125 Jul 28, 2013
U r correct about the high turn over in administrators this year. This has been the worst year. The teachers in the schools are scared. There are people in charge that have no clue. Wait a few months and you will see. There will be major issues at Woodrow Wilson, Deming, North and Sarah Scott.
abc2

United States

#126 Jul 28, 2013
Teacher u r right. WW needs to get a man to be dean. Someone with experience not Sullivan who.doesn't know what he wants to be....a teacher....a relator....a bartender....an ad.
North has issues. They have had several changes
The teachers are worried. They feel safe with Mr Moore they don't respect Smith and Conley. Smith.acts like she is in charge of an elementary school not a high school.
Teachers are scared with vcsc hr. People have been fired foe doing their job. Several teachers and administrators have resigned or retired.
Samm

Terre Haute, IN

#127 Jul 29, 2013
The teachers at North should be worried. I don't have experience with White or Conley. Moore wags his tongue like a chihuahua. It's that little man syndrome he suffers from and he'll sing like a choir boy if he thinks he can get ahead. He tells lies with the best of that pack. Happy he is not at Otter Creek anymore. Next stop the classroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roundabout Needed for Brown & Ohio Blvd. 3 hr Driver 8
Aunkia 3 hr curious 5
ISU homecoming 3 hr ISU Truther 5
Frank Perry 3 hr Postman 12
Franklin Fennell 4 hr Sin City Burning 120
News Indoor shooting range 5 hr Anon 4
News Public hearing on sewer rate increase set for O... 5 hr Anon 7
Bad news on Tanoos 7 hr Just wondering 9
Paul Lockhart 12 hr Mike Gunn 36
News Mike's Market changing hands 15 hr Those Idiots 21