Serious accident in northern Vigo County

Serious accident in northern Vigo County

There are 84 comments on the WTHI Terre Haute story from Oct 28, 2008, titled Serious accident in northern Vigo County. In it, WTHI Terre Haute reports that:

At around 7:15 a.m. Tuesday, crews were called to a serious accident in nouthern Vigo County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI Terre Haute.

KTM406

Findlay, OH

#54 Oct 29, 2008
He wasn't drinking and driving! We had dinner with him the night before! He was a good kid and always had a smile on his face! There are a lot of people that would pay money to find out who you are billy bob! Trust me, these are a bunch of people who you don't want to meet!! Brent ment a lot to a lot of people! He put up a good fight before he passed on! He was so strong, but it wasn't enough!! So please think of his family and pray for them to heal from this horrible pain they are going through!!!
Shannon and Kenzie

Burlington, WI

#55 Oct 29, 2008
I am totally shocked. This is just another reminder how precious and short life really is.
As a mother of four, my heart aches for Dave & Lisa and his family.
I know Brent will be riding wheelies in Heaven :)
Lynn

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Oct 29, 2008
Lisa Moore wrote:
I will post my name. My deepest sympathy to the family of Brent. My heart goes out to you. My daughter Alexis died 5 months ago from a MVA,( oh and she wasn't drinking!mr Billy Bob)
Brent's family take it one day at a time, no one second at a time. Brents friends, please stay CLOSE and comfort is family, they really need you.
Your in my prayers.
Lisa
What a brave mother you are. Thank you for sharing your story and helping others.
SARAH

Appleton, WI

#57 Oct 29, 2008
Wow.. We all just lost one of our best friends andif anyone wants to say anything on here it should be prayers for Lisa and Wayne along with the family and friends. So just stop with the stupid comments. Brent always wanted to have a good time and was one of the most awesome people anyone could have wanted to know.
Ride in peace babe we love you and keep a watch over Genie, you guys were awesome together.. we are with her and helping her as much as we can// love you
Sarah

Appleton, WI

#58 Oct 29, 2008
Wow.. We all just lost one of our best friends and if anyone wants to say anything on here it should be prayers for Lisa and Wayne along with the family and friends. So just stop with the stupid comments and keep them to yourself. Brent always wanted to have a good time and was one of the most awesome people anyone could have wanted to know.
Ride in peace babe we love you and keep a watch over Genie, you guys were awesome together.. we are with her and helping her as much as we can// love you
Shannon and Kenzie

Burlington, WI

#59 Oct 29, 2008
I am totally shocked. This is just another reminder how precious and short life really is.
As a mother of four, my heart aches for Dave & Lisa and his family.
I know Brent will be riding wheelies in Heaven :)
gimpy1054

Indianapolis, IN

#60 Oct 29, 2008
I am an employee at the hospital where Brent passed away and was actually with him when he passed. I just wanted to send my prayers out to the family. It was difficult for everyone caring for him at the time
wewillmissu

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#61 Oct 29, 2008
R.I.P Brent! you will never be forgotten!
my sympathy goes out to you mr. and mrs. Folts
danielle f

Monon, IN

#62 Oct 29, 2008
bReNT - i miss our memories..and im sad we grew different ways after highschool because now i wish i woulda picked the phone up and called you to see how ur crazyass was!=] shoot.. Races..gosh races the one thing you were AmAzInG at, goin Ridin (which i could never keep up ha), Holiday World, Parkers (one time when you ran a mile with jenena for support hahah sooo funny when u guys got back!), FuNcRazY weekends, ha CRAZYMAN was the best memory i can think of yet !!!(out of all the ones that have been popping in my head) haha he was soo mad at you! lol !!=] we all had a blast with you, like everyone always did when they were with you =/ uve been makin me all sad and all i have been thinking about since yesterday is of u and your mom and dad. god BLESS lisa and wayne. wAtch over me bREnT and IlL be LooKIn up at you, miss you so much =[ rest in peace boy
Danielle Lovell

United States

#63 Oct 29, 2008
RIP BRENT~
ULL BE MISSED...THERES NOT GOIN TO BE ONE DAY THAT GOES BY THAT YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WONT BE THINKIN BOUT U..HAHA
AND BY THE WAY NO ALCOHOL WAS INVOLVED HE WAS A GREAT GUY AND ITS A A SHAME THAT PPL LIKE TO ASSUME THINGS..
wright 711

Mount Hope, OH

#64 Oct 29, 2008
I know brent since I start racing.We got to be pretty good friends though the years.My prays and blessings go out to his famly.........god speed brent foltz....may we race again one day......
Irresponsible Truckers

Indianapolis, IN

#65 Oct 29, 2008
I drive 63 to work all the time. These trucks always pull into the passing lane and stay there til they get up to speed. They are all pieces of trash..too impatient to wait a few seconds til all cars are clear then pull into the driving lane. And sometimes you can't tell how fast they are going til you are up on them or they just pull out in front of you because they figure they are bigger then your car so it don't matter to them. These idiots have about gotten me and others too! The driver should be charged with manslaughter and have his CDL yanked. 95% of truckers need to learn how to drive and be courteous. Hopefully some good can come from this young man passing away and these stupid moronic non caring dump truck/truck drivers will maybe wake up and see that they need to share the road and obey the rules. Most of them have log books that are off and drive tired on top of just not caring...I hope all of you realize your lack of good judgment on our roads.
READ THE LAW

AOL

#66 Oct 29, 2008
HOW CAN SOMEONE ELSE BE AT FAUGHT????? DONT GET ME WRONG I AM SORRY FOR THIS YOUNG MAN BUT AN ACCIDENT IS JUST THAT AND LOOK AT THE PICS HE HIT THE GUY STRAIGHT IN THE REAR OF THE TRUCK NOT THE SIDE SO THE YOUNG MAN SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS TRUCK UNDER CONTROL BETTER AND NOT DRIVING SO FAST.. NO ONE IS TO BLAME IT WAS JUST AN ACCIDENT..IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU HE HIT THEN WHAT ALL AT ONCE IT WOULD BE HIS FAULT.....
billy

United States

#67 Oct 30, 2008
hey read the law,

have you ever had a semi pull out in front of you...although you have the right of way you have to slow down..until that vehicle reaches the posted speed limit. other vehicles have to wait until traffic is clear to pull out...not trucks..apparently, they are immune from this LAW.
Tired

United States

#69 Oct 30, 2008
READ THE LAW wrote:
HOW CAN SOMEONE ELSE BE AT FAUGHT????? DONT GET ME WRONG I AM SORRY FOR THIS YOUNG MAN BUT AN ACCIDENT IS JUST THAT AND LOOK AT THE PICS HE HIT THE GUY STRAIGHT IN THE REAR OF THE TRUCK NOT THE SIDE SO THE YOUNG MAN SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS TRUCK UNDER CONTROL BETTER AND NOT DRIVING SO FAST.. NO ONE IS TO BLAME IT WAS JUST AN ACCIDENT..IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU HE HIT THEN WHAT ALL AT ONCE IT WOULD BE HIS FAULT.....
Thats what I have said he did not have control of his vechile. I am sorry that he died but he was not paying attention to his surrondings
concerned

Indianapolis, IN

#70 Oct 30, 2008
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what I have said he did not have control of his vechile. I am sorry that he died but he was not paying attention to his surrondings
two points this is four lanes highway so he had the opption to drive in the other or second lane witch is the lane you are to drive in other then passing so the trucks do pull out in the passing lane till they can get to speed or change to the other lane if they had to wait till cost is clear the truck driver would still be there today. This isnt a new plant?

and 2nd point he was a racer and had the feel for speed I talked to a friend that was there and speed may have been a factor and then I drove by and the skid marks he moved the dump truck several feet now that was force, I feel sorry for the parents in this case, and it is harder on them then most, but I agree we cant blame the truck driver for everything the young boy made some poor choices as well.

I was brought up that if you hit someone from behind it was automaticly your fault? is that true? maybe someone can answer that?
concerned mom

Du Bois, PA

#71 Oct 30, 2008
My heart just breaks for Wayne and Lisa. Brent was an awesome friend to everyone. I will miss him on Durkees Ferry running back and forth from home to the Bozarth's house always smiling when he would do a wheelie. Just continue to watch over your friends and family Brent because I know you will me missed by all! On those cooler summer days or the those warm spring and fall days I know when I hear a four wheeler or a big ole truck rev up I will think of you. Just remember how he has touched your life and know that he will be watching over all of his family and friends because he loved each of you.
Melissa Gallmeier
kim

United States

#72 Oct 30, 2008
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I was brought up that if you hit someone from behind it was automaticly your fault? is that true? maybe someone can answer that?
It is still dark at 7:15 in the morning. The truck was going slow and the tailights were probably dim and hard to see. This could have happened to ANYONE at anytime. Give the family a break and keep your "opinions" to yourself. Have some respect.
barbie

Indianapolis, IN

#73 Oct 30, 2008
This was a very tragic ACCIDENT. For all we know the truck driver couldn't see him coming. It's still dark at that time...was there fog? I'm not sure what the circumstances were. Maybe the boy didn't see the truck. We shouldn't be blaming people at a time like this. We need to be praying for his family and hope they can get through this. I'm sure the truck driver feels bad enough. Who are we to judge what happened? I'm sorry for your loss and my thoughts & prayers are with your family.
concerned

League City, TX

#74 Oct 30, 2008
kim wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still dark at 7:15 in the morning. The truck was going slow and the tailights were probably dim and hard to see. This could have happened to ANYONE at anytime. Give the family a break and keep your "opinions" to yourself. Have some respect.
Everyone is forgetting somethng here this was an accident. These trucks are big with several lights on the back he pulled out from the east and was heading south by the marks the truck made he had probably reached a speed of about 30 to 40 mph upon impact which did not give him time or speed to have changed lanes. I am sure this man is suffering also, even though he was just doing his job. everyone should keep their opinions to themselves and let all involved have their own memories of Brent. Remember the good times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snitch 26 min Hooligan 8
School Board please read 42 min Clarence 77
Tanoos taking boxes out of building 53 min BWliams 62
Who is Confidential Informant number 1256 54 min 5150OutHere 1
danny tanoos 1 hr BWliams 1
Feds at VCSC 1 hr Public Education 753
ADVICS hires drug addicts, alcoholics & racist ... 1 hr White trash advics 1
Major Donors to Aquatic Center 10 hr Sickened Constituent 29
Mike Cleff Thu Noble Illinois 23

Terre Haute Jobs