Honey Creek Middle School Girls Baske...

Honey Creek Middle School Girls Basketball

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stripes

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2011
Just want to throw out there how totally classless the Honey Creek Middle School 7th grade girls basketball coach is...they beat the Chauncey Rose girls team 75-2...what are you trying to prove, that you want the Terre Haute South high school head coaching job?...or that maybe HC is just a little bit better than CR?...or that you are just a classless individual that wants to punish a down and out program? What was possibly learned from this game? Something that many of us already knew...deep down it is you that is the LOSER!!!

Judged:

13

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
parent

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Jan 25, 2011
TOTALLY AGREE !!
spiderpig

League City, TX

#3 Jan 25, 2011
Stripes wrote:
Just want to throw out there how totally classless the Honey Creek Middle School 7th grade girls basketball coach is...they beat the Chauncey Rose girls team 75-2...what are you trying to prove, that you want the Terre Haute South high school head coaching job?...or that maybe HC is just a little bit better than CR?...or that you are just a classless individual that wants to punish a down and out program? What was possibly learned from this game? Something that many of us already knew...deep down it is you that is the LOSER!!!
Couldn't have said it better!!! There are ways to not run up the score that high like no fast breaks, no steals, certain number of passes before you are allowed to shoot. I have seen many of the middle school coaches have their teams do this when they are playing some of the struggling schools.
Hmmmmm

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 25, 2011
spiderpig wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't have said it better!!! There are ways to not run up the score that high like no fast breaks, no steals, certain number of passes before you are allowed to shoot. I have seen many of the middle school coaches have their teams do this when they are playing some of the struggling schools.
Yeah! Everyone should get a trophy! Let's teach kids the RIGHT way to play! What the hell IS the right way to play? If we're racing should I stop and let them pass me so I can pass them again? Maybe I should walk a little so I don't beat them by that much. Middle school sports are about learning fundamentals. If a player can steal the ball without fouling, why should you tell them not to?

On an honest note, stop whining... They'll be in high school in two years and need to learn to take a beating on the floor. It builds character. Now the real test, how do they respond in their next game?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
what

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Jan 25, 2011
Hmmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jan 25, 2011
Inside the article...

"I have been on the other side of this equation," McGill told ABC 4. "It was very insulting when teams slowed the ball down and just passed it around. That's why I'd rather have a team play me straight up, and that's why I played them straight up. Because I didn't want to taunt them, I didn't want to embarrass them, I didn't want them to think we could do whatever we want."
bubba

Warren, PA

#7 Jan 25, 2011
Hmmmmm wrote:
Inside the article...
"I have been on the other side of this equation," McGill told ABC 4. "It was very insulting when teams slowed the ball down and just passed it around. That's why I'd rather have a team play me straight up, and that's why I played them straight up. Because I didn't want to taunt them, I didn't want to embarrass them, I didn't want them to think we could do whatever we want."
Are you trying to convince yourself, or other people?
Whatever

League City, TX

#8 Jan 27, 2011
Maybe Chauncey Rose should've went to a 2-3 Zone.
Give Me A Break

Brazil, IN

#9 Jan 28, 2011
It is all about Honey Creek, South High, Otter Creek and North and the rest of the schools have to suffer my opion is that when bad calls are made in favor of these schools I look at it like this kids that go to the none popular schools put just as much time into sports then the rest of them and our schools follow when to allow practice unlike the popular schools sneak and practice on Sundays and start in the summer when they are not suppose to so you tell me. All the kids deserve to be treated equally and not by what school they attend it is rediculous!
Bullcrap

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Jan 28, 2011
Baloney! Can your sour grapes. And learn how to spell and punctuate. Are there really "none popular" schools??
Cledus

West Decatur, PA

#11 Jan 28, 2011
Hmmm, you mean that those intercity junior thugs from 13th & Locust got their a$$'s kicked by the Doctor's & farmer's kids from the South-side? Holy crap, they should have stopped the whole thing when HC went up by 10! I mean hell, let's teach those kids a real life lesson, stop the game... we don't want to hurt any feelings.... it's a PC world!
Give Me A Break

Brazil, IN

#12 Jan 30, 2011
Judged:

1

1

1
It is all about Honey Creek, South High, Otter Creek and North and the rest of the schools have to suffer my opinion is that when bad calls are made in favor of these schools I look at it like this kids that go to the non popular schools put just as much time into sports then the rest of them and our schools follow when to allow practice unlike the popular schools sneak and practice on Sundays and start in the summer when they are not suppose to so you tell me. All the kids deserve to be treated equally and not by what school they attend it is rediculous! There Bullcrap you dumb a$$ I was so heated about this discussion didn't proof read the damn thing. up yours
Clarence Thomas

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Jan 30, 2011
Terry ray should coach
Harry

United States

#14 Jan 30, 2011
GO TEAM!
Season Tickets

United States

#15 Jan 30, 2011
Loving this season so far.
The Judge

United States

#16 Jan 30, 2011
Congratulations to the 7th Honey Creek Basketball and their outstanding coach. You can see by the way theY play they game that they have practiced, conditioned, and worked hard to be the best possible.
Everyone has the same number of hours in a day, and they can chose to use them however they choose.
In the C.R. game H.C. pulled off their press, played every girl on the team an equal amount of time, played a running clock the second half and shortened the game by 2 minutes.

Referees have constantly complimented the H.C. coach about the demeanor and politeness they exhibit on the floor.

I am certain that VCSC wants all students to excel. It takes much more to be a basketbsll player than putting on a uniform.
Sprite

Warren, PA

#17 Jan 30, 2011
The Judge wrote:
Congratulations to the 7th Honey Creek Basketball and their outstanding coach. You can see by the way theY play they game that they have practiced, conditioned, and worked hard to be the best possible.
Everyone has the same number of hours in a day, and they can chose to use them however they choose.
In the C.R. game H.C. pulled off their press, played every girl on the team an equal amount of time, played a running clock the second half and shortened the game by 2 minutes.
Referees have constantly complimented the H.C. coach about the demeanor and politeness they exhibit on the floor.
I am certain that VCSC wants all students to excel. It takes much more to be a basketbsll player than putting on a uniform.
I don't know anything personally about the CR game, but let's be clear about the opportunities that the athletes from both schools are afforded. HC players, because of family and financial circumstances are able to play on AAU teams and develop their basketball skills outside of the school season. This makes a tremendous difference in skill level. I think that the CR players would love those same opportunities, but in reality, this just won't happen because that is just how life is. Your comment how the same number of hours in a day and that each person can choose how to use those hours, that is just not REALITY.
Fly on the Wall

Champaign, IL

#18 Jan 30, 2011
Sprite wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know anything personally about the CR game, but let's be clear about the opportunities that the athletes from both schools are afforded. HC players, because of family and financial circumstances are able to play on AAU teams and develop their basketball skills outside of the school season. This makes a tremendous difference in skill level. I think that the CR players would love those same opportunities, but in reality, this just won't happen because that is just how life is. Your comment how the same number of hours in a day and that each person can choose how to use those hours, that is just not REALITY.
So what is your solution? Tax the wealthy and distribute their earned income to people who didn't apply themselves in high school and choose not to better themselves? Just trying to understand your point. These people who have good financial circumstances more than likely lived within their means and sacraficed their early life to have a successful future. Should they and their children be punished for that? The pot of gold is out their for people who become educated and work hard to achieve it.
Fly on the Wall

Champaign, IL

#19 Jan 30, 2011
The pot of gold is out there for people who become educated and work hard to achieve it.

Sorry for the misuse of "their" in the original post
Smash You In The Mouth

AOL

#20 Jan 30, 2011
Fly on the Wall wrote:
The pot of gold is out there for people who become educated and work hard to achieve it.
Sorry for the misuse of "their" in the original post
Thanks for clearing that up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landon Nance snitched on his own brother Justin 4 min Fact 7
Indiana women prisons Rockville Correctional Fa... (Apr '08) 24 min Cassidy 669
News Spitler reacts to Pender's arrest (Jan '09) 49 min Cassidy 172
armentrout 1 hr THCitizen 8
Amanda Barnhart Take 2 1 hr Ashamed 5
News Social Security: Social Security announces 2.0 ... 2 hr little deal 1
Fugates 3 hr Wth 2
Simeralls bar sold Fri Truth 45

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages