Former Basketball Star ARRESTED

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
William Dale Matherly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 18, 2011
 
TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(WTHI)- A Terre Haute basketball standout and one-time NBA hopeful is arrested for drug charges.

Armon Bassett, 24, was arrested in Vigo County over the weekend for possession of marijuana.

Bassett's basketball career made headlines in the Wabash Valley.

He was a standout at Terre Haute South, then played for Indiana University and Ohio University.

Bassett did not get drafted for the NBA but went on to play for a summer league, all in hopes of impressing NBA decision makers.

Right after booking Bassett into jail, he bonded out.

He's expected to appear in court Tuesday.
Can you say DUMB ASS
Real Shocker

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hahaha! Is anyone really surprised? What a waste of a perfectly good thug. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Loser!
Maryphenailya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Real Shocker wrote:
Hahaha! Is anyone really surprised? What a waste of a perfectly good thug. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Loser!
Just because he got caught over weed he's a loser?Come on it's 2011 get a life.He didnt comment a crime.Theres worst things that are leagle that turn you into a loser.Geeezzz
seriously

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Real Shocker wrote:
Hahaha! Is anyone really surprised? What a waste of a perfectly good thug. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Loser!
He had some pot...BIG DEAL..Why put his picture on the news like he's a hardened criminal? His story was right after the guy that drugged the little kids and molested them.. Doesn't seem right that just because he is a successful athlete that his name should be drug through the mudd for a little pot.
William Dale Matherly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

He is just a THUG wanna be. Never would have made it in the NBA anyway
Cledus

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

I'd bet that the biggest part of the lawyers & judges in TH smoke. Been a long time but which TH judge was caught coming back across the border from Canada with weed in his tackle box? His brother took the fall. It seems that it was all connected with something to do with a BASF plant in Canada, maybe he was up there taking pictures?
Ralph

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

William Dale Matherly wrote:
He is just a THUG wanna be. Never would have made it in the NBA anyway
Oh how long did you play for IU?

Dumbass
Buckster

Du Bois, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 18, 2011
 
Another one of Mel Burks boy's, in fact it is Mel's nephew. Oh wait isn't Mel a mentor here in the community. Mel is a mentor for, Otha Scott he is in PRISON, Mel is a mentor for Armon Bassett, ARRESTED! Do you see the trend? Mel Burks can't take care of himself let alone anyone else. Boot mel from the School board but better yet & more important from COACHING!!!
William Dale Matherly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 19, 2011
 
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how long did you play for IU?
Dumbass
What the matter Ralph was he your drug supplier you worthless piece of shit. IU has not had a good basketball team since Bob Knight left. Bassett would have never made the team if Knight had still been coach
Ralph

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 19, 2011
 
William D A Matherly wrote:
<quoted text>
IU has not had a good basketball team since Bob Knight left.
I agree! But you are still a dumb ass.
Ignorence is Bliss

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

First of all Mike Davis took a team to the NCAA Finals against Maryland. Lets not get into a history lesson in IU basketball bc u will lose. lol. But I will say this the team took a huge hit after Sampson destroyed IU.
Bassett was actually a very good player. He did play some summer league for the NBA but there were no buyers.

And actually Marijuana is illegal. That's why he was arrested. Everyone always tries to undermine marijuana. The simple fact is its illegal and an arrestable offense by saying its 2011. Obviously, this is the worst justification for anything. "ah well i do heroine and sell it to babie" its ok.... its 2011"
Your an Idiot! He broke the law and he gets a nice free photo for it.

This type of thing is ABSOLUTELY NEWS WORTHY.... For you that dont think it is then your an idiot. He was an excellent bball player who went to IU dont think there has been a TH boy go that big sense Brian Evans. To whom much is given much is expected. When you are a politician, great athlete, or prominent figure then you, by your own accord, are going to be placed in the light. Therefore, if you dont want to be plastered all over the news then "stop breaking the law asshole!"(from Liar Liar)

And yes he is a "Mel" boy thats for sure.
Maryphenailya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 19, 2011
 
Yeah go ahead and state a drug that is man made over a plant that isnt.Oh well he will most likely go a lot of NA classes and or AA and make a change in his life and go back to his roots and become somebody other than what you call a loser for having pot on his person.And yes its 2011 and there are worst things out there that are leagle that turn you into a loser.
Stripes

Plainfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

He got in trouble at TH South constantly and never paid the punishment for it. He got in trouble at IU and never paid the punishment for it. He's in trouble now and most likely will not pay the punishment for it. Someone will help him get out of it. He's a habitual offender of many things. Make people pay the punishment once in a while and maybe they won't end up in trouble all the time. Don't forget Tony Brewer when you are tossing around the names of Mel's buddies and Tanoos'. It's the Serian Mafia connection!!!
Ignorence is Bliss

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 20, 2011
 
Maryphenailya try and follow me here. Marijuana is illegal and a drug. Heroine is illegal and a drug. Both are hallucinogens. That's the connection. whether its naturally grown or artificially made its still a drug and still illegal. peyote, poppy(opium) are also some "plants" that are illegal to grow.
But also marijuana is the "starter" drug which in many cases leads to other more powerful drugs.

And yes i am sure there are worse things out there that are illegal. What's your point? He isn't a bad criminal he is a good criminal? He is not a loser bc he breaks the law?

Your reasoning and rationale is seriously flawed. "It's 2011 and there are worse things out there." Congrats your arguments should be taken to the Supreme Court

I realize that i do not spell check my comments and i am sure i make errors but it is spelled LEGAL... not like the dog. You did it in a few different posts so thought that may be helpful.

And yes I know for a fact because I am around his age that he never did anything at South and he cheated his whole way through High School and College. Additionally, he was disciplined at IU for the same kinda thing (Drugs). This kid sure learns well from his mistakes. Back to his roots? lol and what exactly are those?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

119 Users are viewing the Terre Haute Forum right now

Search the Terre Haute Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Terre Haute Sucks: Give 1 Reason 8 min Mercy666 217
Vaso Michaels 10 min River Rat 14
YES smoking pot DOES make you a bad person, Her... 27 min Gilligan 132
Trib letter about failings of black community 35 min Reason 9
amber knott 2 hr CloudNine 6
6th Ave Strip Club (Sep '11) 2 hr brian 393
Former Vigo treasurer facing $26,000 bill 2 hr Reason 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Terre Haute Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••