TRW Layoffs

There are 642 comments on the WTHI Terre Haute story from Aug 21, 2008, titled TRW Layoffs. In it, WTHI Terre Haute reports that:

A major employer in Clark County, Ill. announces a layoff. TRW Automotive in Marshall let about a dozen employees go on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI Terre Haute.

Hoosier Hicker

Huntingdon, PA

#500 May 29, 2009
Lyn you must sleep alot on your job if you dont know whats up and running. Flex 6 is on mandantory,
flex 2 also working over and the super cells have been pumping out alot. They are working Friday too.
lyn

Bradenton, FL

#501 May 29, 2009
no i have not been sleeping on my job, i work on a super cell. But like i said i have been off this week. I did not know flex 6 was on mandantory. I know 2 of the cells was down on days last week. And i knew nothing about working friday. I have miss alot this week, i missed the all hands too
7Down

Terre Haute, IN

#502 May 29, 2009
Heard the latest brilliant Tim idea yet? Cell 22 is running a 10 hour shift tomorrow. Instead of bringing in technicians on overtime he's making engineering cover it. So a Process engineer, CIM engineer, and a Test engineer has to come in for free tomorrow after just hearing about it this afternoon. Cell 22 is the only thing running.

No hams, no raises, no bonus ever again, no picnics, no 401k match,(almost) no retirement and now... they steal people's Saturday.
lyn

Bradenton, FL

#503 May 29, 2009
Wow, i bet there is some mad ppl there
Forced-to-Work

Marshall, IL

#504 May 30, 2009
Yeah, we all are pretty HOT!!!
I think Tim and Gregg should have had to be here as well.
I think they are now trying to drive people out instead of lay them off.
clintonres

United States

#505 May 30, 2009
I cant believe you people are complaining about having to work. Take a look around, the economy has gone to hell. So what if you cant have your picnic. All your major companies are making sacrafices. A freeze on wages is a common practice for companies that are trying to stay afloat. TRW supplies the auto industry, you should wake up every morning and thank god you still have a job. This post went from people worried about their future,which is totally understandable, to people whining about having to work. You better enjoy the extra work while you can. BUCK UP and do your job!!!!
Hoosier Hicker

Huntingdon, PA

#506 May 30, 2009
clintonres wrote:
I cant believe you people are complaining about having to work. Take a look around, the economy has gone to hell. So what if you cant have your picnic. All your major companies are making sacrafices. A freeze on wages is a common practice for companies that are trying to stay afloat. TRW supplies the auto industry, you should wake up every morning and thank god you still have a job. This post went from people worried about their future,which is totally understandable, to people whining about having to work. You better enjoy the extra work while you can. BUCK UP and do your job!!!!
Well dont know where to begin. First of all your a sad piece of I dont know what besides a Corporate Suck, and The perfect job for you would be somewhere in Nazi Germany but all the mud slinging aside lets talk about facts: Major layoffs, No raises, No gainshareing ever, No 401K matching, No applause dollar program, No Christmas dinners, No Chrismas parties, No Thanksgiving dinners, Major reductions on our Pensions, Major reductions on our Medical Insurance, Pay Reduction because of forced temp. layoffs, Forced vacation usage by July. Reduction of Casual hours, and the people you speak of being salary yet forced to come in on their days off- No Pay for their labor. No Christmas Hams or any of the gifts they use to give out. Well im sure I missed something my colleages will catch but your not one of them. You my friend are wasted space.
clintonres

United States

#507 May 30, 2009
Hoosier Hicker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dont know where to begin. First of all your a sad piece of I dont know what besides a Corporate Suck, and The perfect job for you would be somewhere in Nazi Germany but all the mud slinging aside lets talk about facts: Major layoffs, No raises, No gainshareing ever, No 401K matching, No applause dollar program, No Christmas dinners, No Chrismas parties, No Thanksgiving dinners, Major reductions on our Pensions, Major reductions on our Medical Insurance, Pay Reduction because of forced temp. layoffs, Forced vacation usage by July. Reduction of Casual hours, and the people you speak of being salary yet forced to come in on their days off- No Pay for their labor. No Christmas Hams or any of the gifts they use to give out. Well im sure I missed something my colleages will catch but your not one of them. You my friend are wasted space.
im sure you get a paycheck dont you. Times are rough. You act as though TRW is the only company making changes. Yes im sure the changes arent to your liking and i can see why but if the changes are enough to keep your company going for even a little while longer dont you think its worth it? Because of the way our government has mishandled just about everything the working man is paying the price.All im saying is be thankful for that paycheck. Im sure its alot more than what unemployment would pay you.
Hoosier Hicker

Huntingdon, PA

#508 May 30, 2009
I refuse to be thankful for a job that I work hard to keep. Perhaps I would be a little more thankful if I werent bent over every day without the benefit of vasoline. Your right about the economy and that its getting bad and will probably get worse. We need to re-invent ourselves learning how to survive off the grid without any pay.
Clem

United States

#509 May 31, 2009
Lead the way please Hoosier Hicker. Stop being bent over without benefit of vasoline, QUIT NOW!
stacy

Milford, MA

#510 Jun 3, 2009
THE EMPLOYEES ARE MAKING ALL OF THE SACRIFICES BUT WHAT ABOUT JOHN PLANT AND TIM DOWNS I BET THEY HAVEN'T SACRIFICED THEIR RAISES OR WORKED WITHOUT PAY OR BEEN TOLD NO BONUSES FREE VACATIONS OR CARS... I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE HOOSIER IS COMING FROM I WORKED THERE AND I KNOW WE WEREN'T APPRECIATED AND THE BIG GUYS THAT MADE EVERYONE MISERABLE GOT THE BONUS AND THE PAT ON THE BACK... IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE FOR THEM TO TELL THE TRUTH AND NOT LIE TO OUR FACES ... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Since: Dec 08

Milton, FL

#511 Jun 5, 2009
Hang in there, Hoosier.
Sounds like you can't express your opinion around anymore without someone crying and whining that since we have a job we shouldn't complain. Well, guess what...we complained when things were good too! You want to know why...hmmmm? It's because the sheep never complain out loud, oh sure, once in a while they complain to their co-workers, but then set on their hands in a line meeting. The same ones can't wait to wave and yell..Hellou, to Timmy when he walks by thinking that somehow that will save their sorry ass from the ax.
So, go ahead....kill the voices...we don't need to ask questions, make comments, we should follow along blindly and drink a cup of the big blue Kool-Aid!

“Live--love--laug h!!”

Since: May 09

Marshall, IL

#512 Jun 5, 2009
Topper2 wrote:
Hang in there, Hoosier.
Sounds like you can't express your opinion around anymore without someone crying and whining that since we have a job we shouldn't complain. Well, guess what...we complained when things were good too! You want to know why...hmmmm? It's because the sheep never complain out loud, oh sure, once in a while they complain to their co-workers, but then set on their hands in a line meeting. The same ones can't wait to wave and yell..Hellou, to Timmy when he walks by thinking that somehow that will save their sorry ass from the ax.
So, go ahead....kill the voices...we don't need to ask questions, make comments, we should follow along blindly and drink a cup of the big blue Kool-Aid!
I really don't think anyone was saying you can't express your opinions....but lets face it:TRW Corporate will do whatever is best for themselves, regardless of line employees feelings...the brass at TRW doesn't care if you just bought a new car, or are facing foreclosure, or are unhappy with your job!! They really don't. Its a whole new world today......corporate America does not care about line employees, whether you work for TRW or Sony or Lowes or whoever....they just don't give a dam......the company I work for lost over a billion dollars last year, and are on track to lose that much again this year, so what do they do? They raised our sales quotas! We tell them all the time, come out of your plush offices in the glass towers and out into the field and find out whats going on out here.........TRW brass is not unique---they are all buttholes. They are looking out for number one, and thats not the working stiff!
Hoosier Hicker

Du Bois, PA

#513 Jun 5, 2009
Good to hear from you Topper2. Hope that Vac. in the Smokeys was nice. See any bears? Been getting chewed up on here by people that think I should be Oh so thankful to have a job. Well, Its a part time job with minimal benefits. This world as of late is getting scarry with all the comformists and yes men out there. I truly believe if I protested actively in the street for human rights or to preserve our constitution I sadly believe I would be flogged by these people. Anyway, takin a couple weeks off to clear the cob webs. Been farmed now for 6 weeks grows tiring after awhile. Have some news for you about Chrysler lines and the upcoming Fourth of July. Try to get it in an E-mail for you. I hear your goin back in on Monday.
Clem

United States

#514 Jun 6, 2009
Feelings, Opinions, Whining, Complaining - There are forums for these - start a blog.

This is supposed to be a forum for INFORMATION about TRW and layoffs.

A whiney complainer once said to me, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

I retorted, "A squeaky wheel sometimes just gets replaced."

The world & life owes you and anyone nothing. Spending time complaining (even in the good times as someone said earlier) is unproductive, moves nothing anywhere, is the most colossal waste of time there is.
Hoosier Hicker

Du Bois, PA

#515 Jun 6, 2009
This is the "Squeaky Wheel" according to Clem. And the threat or advice is that if we dont quit complaining we will be terminated. Thats the inference I recieved.
Dear Clem,
I must sound like a complainer these recent days and I want to apologize for my demeaner in recent posts. We lowly pukes on the production floor are very elated as to our positions of gainful employment at TRW. Geeze it beats flipping burgers at Mickey Dees right? I thank the Lord everyday of my luck to maintain a job and wish and prey that I will meet the expectations placed upon me by my employers. Trw has done a fantastic job of cutting costs yet still maintaining a presence in Marshall
limiting the numbers of layoffs. I prey and hope that the industry will turn around and that people will start buying cars again. In a Nutshell, Im grateful and Happy for my lucky job at TRW. Please disregard any bad will or negativity transfered on my account. Now that Im working on my second decade
at TRW, I feel its my responsibility to keep a positive attitude withen my work environment and being a good mentor to my colleagues perhaps the Happiness may spread. So Clem keep up the wonderful posts and I will try to be more informative with info on this forum.
Clem

United States

#516 Jun 6, 2009
That's the spirit Hoosier Hicker, thanks!
ExCookevilleEmp

Litchfield Park, AZ

#517 Jun 8, 2009
Do you still have our 'Old Bud' running the show (TD)? If so, good luck.....He has his own personal agenda, which has nothing to do with running the business as a business for the good of all...only what is good for one. If general popualtion receive a benefit from a business decision it by coincidence ONLY. He learned from the best that got their's and left. It is hard for a wanna be Big Duck to make a Big Splash these days so sacrificing others under the disguise of profits in the only way to claim success.
---zZz--- wrote:
I heard at least 7 and possibly more on Monday.
T Ferguson

Milton, FL

#518 Jun 8, 2009
Better watch what you say on this forum, Clem is the self-proclaimed moderator here and if it's not INFORMATION about TRW and Layoffs we should not be posting it!
ExCookevilleEmp

Litchfield Park, AZ

#519 Jun 9, 2009
ExCookevilleEmp is in reference to TRW/Cookeville...now closed down by TD. You can't get anymore laid off than that. Check TD's history and the Trail of Tears.
T Ferguson wrote:
Better watch what you say on this forum, Clem is the self-proclaimed moderator here and if it's not INFORMATION about TRW and Layoffs we should not be posting it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Better than Obama 1 min Don the con 9
Antifa Will Be Jailed If They Come To Terre Hau... 4 min Former resident 11
Pete Tanoos beat by Jerry isles 5 min Really 3
Girls named Becky 7 min Candace 4
How do I get a child I molested to keep quiet? 7 min Yessssir 2
News U.S. Rep. Bucshon to host town hall in W. Terre... 23 min Mr Shoomeister 4
Who loves to poop in their flower gardens? 28 min libra 6
New auto plant in Terre Haute? 1 hr Dr Wanker 12
Pay for your kid's lunch! 2 hr Lovinlife 41

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages