First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kbd

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Had contractor, Tim DOWELL do work on our porch. Replaced load bearing columns and only one barely touched the porch. Have contacted him and he will not return our calls. We are now stuck finding another contractor to take out HIS mess and do the job correctly. BEWARE----do not hire this person because he is either inept or a flat out crook. We are out over $2,000 plus the cost of having the job done over completely by someone else. What recourse do we have? Small claims court? Any advice would be appreciated.
papa

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Nov 26, 2012
What made you think Tim Dowell was qualified to do the work? Why not take him to small claims?
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Even if you win in small claims, it dont mean your goin to recieve any cash back, atleast real soon, but the judgement against him will wreck his credit, that is if he has any....again....do the home work before you hire, not after.
Pat

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Put a lein on his truck.
Kbd

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Nov 26, 2012
We did the homework and he was recommended by two of our family members who own homes. He worked for Rick Jenkins for many years building houses before he went out on his own. This is not an event that happened because we used an unreliable carpenter, just a piss poor one. He won't even return the distributor's calls.the distributor is as surprised as we are. Just "man up" and return our calls and say you messed up a job. Thank goodness the distributor of the columns is trying to help us find someone reputable to redo the job. Pictures have been taken and it's off to file at the court house tomorrow.
superbeckyboo

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Nov 26, 2012
confront him. go to his business or home and get it figured out. obviously posting on here will accomplish nothing.
Ole Forty

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Kbd wrote:
We did the homework and he was recommended by two of our family members who own homes. He worked for Rick Jenkins for many years building houses before he went out on his own. This is not an event that happened because we used an unreliable carpenter, just a piss poor one. He won't even return the distributor's calls.the distributor is as surprised as we are. Just "man up" and return our calls and say you messed up a job. Thank goodness the distributor of the columns is trying to help us find someone reputable to redo the job. Pictures have been taken and it's off to file at the court house tomorrow.
Good.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#8 Nov 26, 2012
File a complaint with the state attorney. It can be done online and can affect any licensing and bonding for him.
bigroot

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Nov 26, 2012
I feel bad for you, but who in their right mind pays a contractor $2000 before the work is 100% complete? Any reputable contractor will do the work before asking for a penny. If they say they can't afford to do the work w/o you paying them 1st do no hire them, simple.
Kbd

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Nov 27, 2012
bigroot wrote:
I feel bad for you, but who in their right mind pays a contractor $2000 before the work is 100% complete? Any reputable contractor will do the work before asking for a penny. If they say they can't afford to do the work w/o you paying them 1st do no hire them, simple.
we did not pay him before the work was done. We aren't idiots. It was only when my husband began painting the columns that he pulled the top portion down to paint and then noticed they were not touching the porch. Geez, making assumptions like you just did is unfair and makes it sound as though it is our fault. We would never have known about the shoddy work had my husband not primed and painted the columns. How many people has this happened to who don't know to pull the top pieces back and check. We did our due diligence, he did a crappy job. Thanks to those with ideas for getting relief from the problem. You are correct~~~who pays a contractor BEFORE the work is complete? WE DID NOT!

Since: Oct 12

United States

#11 Nov 27, 2012
Kbd wrote:
Had contractor, Tim DOWELL do work on our porch. Replaced load bearing columns and only one barely touched the porch. Have contacted him and he will not return our calls. We are now stuck finding another contractor to take out HIS mess and do the job correctly. BEWARE----do not hire this person because he is either inept or a flat out crook. We are out over $2,000 plus the cost of having the job done over completely by someone else. What recourse do we have? Small claims court? Any advice would be appreciated.
You bitches best stop talkin all this bullshit about my boys. Keep the shit up and I'll swing by and burn that house to the ground, make some porch the least of your problems. You feelin me ho?
MoJo

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Nov 27, 2012
Pimpin in a Double Wide wrote:
<quoted text>
You bitches best stop talkin all this bullshit about my boys. Keep the shit up and I'll swing by and burn that house to the ground, make some porch the least of your problems. You feelin me ho?
Carefull there Pimp, sounds like a threat, the police may hunt you down, and drag you out of your Mommas basement!

United States

#13 Nov 27, 2012
MoJo wrote:
<quoted text>Carefull there Pimp, sounds like a threat, the police may hunt you down, and drag you out of your Mommas basement!
Every post you put on here continually reminds me how unoriginal and retarded you truly are. If your parents are still alive today I sincerely hope someone tracks them down beats the shit out of them for unleashing your dumb ass on society.
MoJo

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Every post you put on here continually reminds me how unoriginal and retarded you truly are. If your parents are still alive today I sincerely hope someone tracks them down beats the shit out of them for unleashing your dumb ass on society.
Threat's should not be taken lightly these day's.
Call me what ya want little man, you may be gettin a visit from officials.

United States

#15 Nov 27, 2012
MoJo wrote:
<quoted text>Threat's should not be taken lightly these day's.
Call me what ya want little man, you may be gettin a visit from officials.
Damn man, how do you keep cranking them out like that. Nobody has ever threatened to report me to the police on here before, I guess I'll he waiting on the SWAT team to kick in my door any minute. I mean people talking shit and threatening each other on Topix is so rare I'm sure an all cars notification has fine out by now. You are by far the most persistent and reliable in your sheer stupidity than any other poster on here.
Kbd

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Brilliant response. Tell your boy to call me.

United States

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Kbd wrote:
<quoted text>Brilliant response. Tell your boy to call me.
My clients hire me to represent them. All contact with my client will go through me. You got a problem with that I'll have ya beat down. My client is tired of these false accusations and has hired me to administer some street justice if above comments are not retracted immediately.
PunkSlayer

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
My clients hire me to represent them. All contact with my client will go through me. You got a problem with that I'll have ya beat down. My client is tired of these false accusations and has hired me to administer some street justice if above comments are not retracted immediately.
I bet you are a 16 y/o pencil necked geek sitting in his bedroom popping zits and stirring the crap, watching people get mad. Your "client" hired you to administer some "street justice"? You're a douche

United States

#19 Nov 27, 2012
PunkSlayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are a 16 y/o pencil necked geek sitting in his bedroom popping zits and stirring the crap, watching people get mad. Your "client" hired you to administer some "street justice"? You're a douche
Bitch you're about to get knuckled over too. Keep talking shit on here because that's all you got. I follow through with what I say on here. You won't be the first bitch I've smacked down for running their mouth on here and judging from how you internet Rambos like to pop up you probably won't be the last. So take a lesson from your own comment and shut thefuck up and run back to mommy before you get dealt with.
Makes No Difference

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 28, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach Stableton 17 min Curious 1
WWMS music 1 hr tired 25
Brittany Garver 1 hr Mikayla 9
Add A Word / Drop A Word (Nov '10) 1 hr not again 4,597
earl taylor (Apr '13) 2 hr trucker 42
Is Otha Scott In witness protection for snitchi... (Dec '10) 2 hr wwjanedo 11
Jeff Stevens 2 hr Kurt H 29
Fuson Dealership 4 hr very true 25
Cobblestone Crossing (Mar '11) 5 hr glenna 75
old tumble weed building Sun Yoda 10