Drug Task Force, don't they have to o...

Drug Task Force, don't they have to opperate whith in the law?

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Punxsutawney, PA

#1 Feb 5, 2011
After being arrested drug task force kept cell phone, new phone card, pocket knife, smokes, and some papers that were in my coat pocket. Then they I find out that they are seizing my car and have never recieved anything to that affect. The things mentioned were on my person not in the car, so what can they just take what ever they want? Whith out any court order? I can understand if they were somehow " kept as evidence ", but come on! I've made atleast 6 phone calls the last few days trying to find out anything, and left messages every time with contact numbers.
What ever happened to innocent untill proven guilty? They run aroung acting like bullies pushing people around and doing as they please then when you try and make a complaint you are harassed further, and given a 10 page form to fill out to solve a simple complaint. Which leads to nothing. And we are supposed to respect out police force, shit.
Sammy Lowe

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Feb 5, 2011
You might find them at the Pawn Shops....
Susan Paloma

Saint Charles, MO

#3 Feb 5, 2011
speaking_the_thruth wrote:
After being arrested drug task force kept cell phone, new phone card, pocket knife, smokes, and some papers that were in my coat pocket. Then they I find out that they are seizing my car and have never recieved anything to that affect. The things mentioned were on my person not in the car, so what can they just take what ever they want? Whith out any court order? I can understand if they were somehow " kept as evidence ", but come on! I've made atleast 6 phone calls the last few days trying to find out anything, and left messages every time with contact numbers.
What ever happened to innocent untill proven guilty? They run aroung acting like bullies pushing people around and doing as they please then when you try and make a complaint you are harassed further, and given a 10 page form to fill out to solve a simple complaint. Which leads to nothing. And we are supposed to respect out police force, shit.
oh, so you were arrested? The task force is like U.S. Marshalls, they can do what they want. And since your items were in your pocket, and you were in the car, then they can keep the stuff and seize the car also. As for your being innocent until proven guilty; boy, that train done left the station when they arrested you. What did they arrest you for, you did not say what for? They had the goods for something when they arrested you.
Susan Paloma

Saint Charles, MO

#4 Feb 5, 2011
As for making a complaint, you need to make a big sign and march in front of the courthouse, that is how you make a complaint. You need someone to proofread your sign though son, you don't spell very well.

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 Feb 5, 2011
Have you heard of typing errors stupid, how simple minded are you to reply to a topic and ignore the freaking topic to only belittle me. Does that make you feel bigger? Are you discouraging me and others from posting in fear of being made to look stupid. Get a grip!
Uhm

Union, NJ

#7 Feb 5, 2011
So they took ur cell phone (probally for evidence) I don't think any of them are going to use ur prepaid card... A pack of smokes and some papers? hopefully not rolling papers... SMH but yeah they can keep all of that as evidence...
marshall Dillion

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2011
Fill out the form, then get your affairs in order and get ready for the gray-bar Hilton. All you described, it's perfectly legal. You might be able to avoid some jail time if you become an informant and testify. Your stuff, kiss it good-bye. As far as your statement about respecting the police force... I'm sure you never have.
Butthole Bob

Britton, MI

#9 Feb 5, 2011
dose the sell x lax??

Punxsutawney, PA

#10 Feb 5, 2011
This was obviously a bad idea, you all are either way to smart or just plain stupid. Why is it that people who might take things seriously and have an open mind hear the problem? Or maybe I'm just to frustrated to see that I am closed minded. None the less this has been a waste of effort!!
Uhm

Union, NJ

#11 Feb 5, 2011
All they have to do is say that u bought it all with proceeds from selling drugs and bye bye ...

Sorry but I'm not goin to show any sympathy for anyone that been busted by DTF. Cause one u were in the wrong or two u were in the wrong company... Both make u guilty in my book.
Lloyd Blankfine

League City, TX

#12 Feb 6, 2011
Yep it's a circle of dirty money with the DTF (and most cops for that matter) The DTF brings in drugs, sells them for profit, seizes property personal belongings including those that have nothing to do with drugs, then they profit after they rip off the taxpayers by filling the prisons with low level dnon violent drug users.
I can see this and I've never even smoked a cigarette let alone any drugs. It's amazing that people actually fall for this sham.
I've brought this up to a few people before and they get upset and seem to think that the cops and the DTF in Terre Haute are somehow incapable of doing anything underhanded or corrupt no matter what. But that's called a delusion.
Why else do all these agents and cops all have 2 or 3 houses each, and SUVs, and boats, and vacation holes in florida, and rolexes? All on an "honest" policemans salary. The DTF in particular has be busted getting high and dealing in Indianapolis more than a few times and they were left go even though it's out of their jurisdiction. But here in Terre Haute the DTF is just another revenue generation entrapment scam. They sell and use more drugs than the people that they lock up. Anyway I've repotered police corruption here https://tips.fbi.gov/ They have been looking into the legal system in Terre Haute for quite a while now ever since that judge let off that baby killer..
bob r

United States

#13 Feb 6, 2011
Lloyd Blankfine wrote:
Yep it's a circle of dirty money with the DTF (and most cops for that matter) The DTF brings in drugs, sells them for profit, seizes property personal belongings including those that have nothing to do with drugs, then they profit after they rip off the taxpayers by filling the prisons with low level dnon violent drug users.
I can see this and I've never even smoked a cigarette let alone any drugs. It's amazing that people actually fall for this sham.
I've brought this up to a few people before and they get upset and seem to think that the cops and the DTF in Terre Haute are somehow incapable of doing anything underhanded or corrupt no matter what. But that's called a delusion.
Why else do all these agents and cops all have 2 or 3 houses each, and SUVs, and boats, and vacation holes in florida, and rolexes? All on an "honest" policemans salary. The DTF in particular has be busted getting high and dealing in Indianapolis more than a few times and they were left go even though it's out of their jurisdiction. But here in Terre Haute the DTF is just another revenue generation entrapment scam. They sell and use more drugs than the people that they lock up. Anyway I've repotered police corruption here https://tips.fbi.gov/ They have been looking into the legal system in Terre Haute for quite a while now ever since that judge let off that baby killer..
Name two, or even one that has 2 or 3 houses, SUV's, boats vacation homes in fla, and rolexes. Your just making it up.
Andy Griffith

League City, TX

#14 Feb 6, 2011
bob r wrote:
<quoted text>
Name two, or even one that has 2 or 3 houses, SUV's, boats vacation homes in fla, and rolexes. Your just making it up.
I'll name them for him. let's see the Denzil Lewis, Anyone with the last name Ferency (his wife also drunk drives quite a bit too) Paul Hartzler.. I mean come on! Do you really believe that it's impossible for a cop to ever take a bribe? It's not really that hard to see if you look instead of just believe what the cops always say.Like when they said that Carl Graham could not have possibly molested all those boys (even though he admitted it after he knew that nothing would be done to him) The cops STILL defend Carl on that one and will continue to defend 4th amendment violations as well I'm sure. I mean the DTF logo has a shark on it, as if to say that they are out to get someone.
Hell why not a swazticka? I'm sure that you'll defend that as well.
I've never got into the drugs but any thinking person that's not in denial or suffering from the Andy Griffith Syndrome can very clearly see through all this scam on the public taxpayers. Remember that America WAS NOT founded on the worship of corrupt authorities .. or ANY authorities for that matter.
Cindy Lou

League City, TX

#15 Feb 6, 2011
I've noticed that since I've live here that there are way too many police apologists who live in some kind of denial about the true nature of things in regards to how this city is actually run. I saw the stuff with that cop who molested the boy and nothing was even done to him because he was some overpaid cop. Same with cops who use/deal drugs in this town. If they get caught over and over again and nothing is done to them at all, then it just sends a message to all the other dirty cops that it's ok to deal drugs and molest kids all that they want because they will always have a few people who will back them up no matter what. I could never sell my soul as a police apologist. It is interesting to note that Terre Haute really never had that bad of a Amphetamine problem UNTIL the DTF was formed. So either some of them must really be dealing, or they are ineffective at their jobs at best.
no denial here

League City, TX

#16 Feb 6, 2011
Frank Shahady or Shady or whatever that lunatics name is has a vacation home or 6 in Florida.
and that Denzil guy has a collection of muscle cars.(that he stole from people no doubt)
Not cheap
true dat

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Feb 27, 2011
wnere is the black cops in terre haute?go anywhere and that's all u see!not in TH? NEVER THAT! TERRE HAUTE HATES BLACKS! EVERY COP IN TH HATES BLACKS!WHEN IT'S WHITES MAKING CRANK AND SHIT NOT BLACKS....
Jack

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Feb 27, 2011
True dat, you are one ignorant person. Obviously you know nothing about the racial makeup of THPD seeing as they have several african american officers.
In The Know

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Feb 27, 2011
This was obviously a bad idea, you all are either way to smart or just plain stupid. Why is it that people who might take things seriously and have an open mind hear the problem? Or maybe I'm just to frustrated to see that I am closed minded. None the less this has been a waste of effort!!
u should be able to simply call and ask them to return ur stuff..i had a husband that was arrested by the us marshals, and they returned everything to me and never touched his vehicle, so not sure why they are trying to seize yours? and to Susan..Denzil and his boys are simply beat ciops that wear DTF jackets and black masks.. there are not even comparible to the feds/us marshals..they only wish they were!
In The Know

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Feb 27, 2011
Susan Paloma wrote:
<quoted text> oh, so you were arrested? The task force is like U.S. Marshalls, they can do what they want. And since your items were in your pocket, and you were in the car, then they can keep the stuff and seize the car also. As for your being innocent until proven guilty; boy, that train done left the station when they arrested you. What did they arrest you for, you did not say what for? They had the goods for something when they arrested you.
sorry Susan, but the DTF is not even comparible if considering the jurisdiction and laws the feds/us marshals have ..and please dont correct me in my spelling, it's apparent u are old as dirt or u would understand internet short cuts when it comes to typing nowadays
Cledus

West Decatur, PA

#21 Feb 27, 2011
They confiscated your stuff so it could be sold off & excess money could go to funding education as stated by IN law. Oh wait, that's right, I read that something like 87 out of the 92 IN counties haven't contributed a penny from drug forfeitures in two years. Is anybody really surprised at this?

Here's how crooked our "legal" system is. There was a case in Ft. Wayne a couple of years ago where a vehicle was stopped for speeding & $26,000.00 was found in the back seat. The driver got a speeding ticket & no other charges were ever filed yet the cops kept the money because they "suspected" it was obtained illegally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug deal at 930 (Mar '15) 2 min Loser 8
west t looking to get some head (Apr '15) 5 min Nopedope 2
go go girls 12 min Da Man 9
Does Anyone Know James Alexander? 20 min Pink Vibrator 1
Sugar daddy 24 min Yummp 4
Dawn A. May Be Single Soon And She's Beautiful&... 25 min Prison life 11
Tee Pee sl*t bartenders 25 min Not blind 5
Do you think fire and police care they are the... 1 hr Ambulance 61
DUI checkpoint Otter Creek! 1 hr Idiots 24

Terre Haute Jobs