Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
terrehautesucks

AOL

#1 Jun 16, 2010
The Copper Bar is pretentious and so fake. It is completely boring and the people are into "elbow rubbing" and putting on heirs to try and impress others without imagination or character.
No music, dancing, games, or entertainment to speak of. STAY AWAY if you are looking for a good time out.
terrehautesucks

AOL

#3 Jun 17, 2010
Wrong Sherlock, take the dick out of your ass and try again. The Dawghouse sucks too.
lol

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Jun 17, 2010
Brilliant thread there dicknoid. Not everyone wants to go into some loud ass bar with a jukebox blaring and throw darts against the wall. Some people enjoy drinking and conversating for what it is. Besides that, the view is really good at the Copper Bar. You stay at Ginnys and the rest of us will enjoy the Copper ;)
JimDandy

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2010
Where is the Copper Bar and what is the age group that hangs out there?
David Wire

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jun 17, 2010
Jim Dandy, its is at about 6th and Wabash or so. The problem this dude has with this place is not that its pretentious, he just doesnt fit in. Jiggs closed and he doesnt know. I would say that the only thing pretentions about this place are the 25- ish women hanging out in there lookin for a sugar daddy. The crowd is 30-50yr old professional people (primarily). The drinks are medium priced and STRONG. The wait staff is professional and good looking. The bar is very clean, the food is delicious and the air is semi-smoky. The only problem with the copper bar is the Indiana state police stake it out. Its one of the few bars in town where you can regularly arrest people for DUI and they will have a job,do not need a court appointed attorney and will pay the large fees commanded by the state for drinking their taxed liquor and driving away in your state licensed vehicle.
Harold Ross

AOL

#7 Jun 18, 2010
Hey Terrehautesucks, take a hike. The Copper bar is a good bar just like so many other bars in Terre Haute. If you do not like a bar, simply do not go in. Trashing it on a forum like this is so immature and childish. I think the Copper Bar is fine, but you need to visit a doctor.

Respectfully Submitted,
Harold Ross.
Illiterate redneck

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Jun 18, 2010
"Conversating"? Is that even a word? Try "conversing", you pretentious Nazi yup-bag.
richard

Albany, GA

#9 Jun 18, 2010
sure glad I don't live in terra haute
just my opinion

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Jun 18, 2010
Illiterate redneck wrote:
"Conversating"? Is that even a word? Try "conversing", you pretentious Nazi yup-bag.
Conversate is not a word; however, this is an informal forum... so I guess you can keep making love to your websters dictionary while the rest of us go out to the copper bar to "converse"

How da ya like me now?
Harold Ross

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2010
Harold Ross would kill for a club like Copper Bar! He tried to make his place a middle income friendly establishment.... but hired some black band as their house band.

Hired an overweight, toothless, rodent as his manager who's only bar experience was DJ with his karaoke machine and Mr. Microphone.

Then he put in stripper poles and hired the fattest and oldest rippers he could find.

Poor Harold...
Harold Ross

AOL

#12 Jun 20, 2010
This is Harold Ross, the real one. Yes, I have made mistakes, but who hasn't in Terre Haute?????
Something that I did recently has proven not to be a mistake; the $20.00 bracelet promotion. Pay $20.00 for a bracelet, then drink the rest of the night for only 5cents a glass. Nothing but a full parking lot now with tons of new faces enjoying the "mandatory fun" when visiting the dawghouse.
Come in to the dawghouse, and I would be glad to visit and converse with you.

The Dawghouse has never hired a "house band" under my ownership. Currently considering options. I would appreciate comments on bands that you like and with whom you would like to see as the house band at the Dawghouse.

Respectfully Submitted,
Harold Ross
in the know

AOL

#13 Jun 20, 2010
I went into the Copper Bar one year ago for 5 minutes. I went with a friend and we both witnessed 2 cops, and 2 gays as the only ones in the bar at that time. Great, a bar that hosts "Cops and Queers". We haven't been back since and will never go back.
in the know

United States

#14 Jun 20, 2010
The reason we didn't stay was because we were looking for more gays, and the Copper Bar just didn't have enough. Se we went to Zimmars looking for some hot wieners, and now it's my favorite hangout.
Rush L

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Jun 21, 2010
Bar wars !
in the know

United States

#16 Jun 22, 2010
maybe it was 4 gays? just sayin!
Micheal Ballard

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Jun 24, 2010
David Wire wrote:
Jim Dandy, its is at about 6th and Wabash or so. The problem this dude has with this place is not that its pretentious, he just doesnt fit in. Jiggs closed and he doesnt know. I would say that the only thing pretentions about this place are the 25- ish women hanging out in there lookin for a sugar daddy. The crowd is 30-50yr old professional people (primarily). The drinks are medium priced and STRONG. The wait staff is professional and good looking. The bar is very clean, the food is delicious and the air is semi-smoky. The only problem with the copper bar is the Indiana state police stake it out. Its one of the few bars in town where you can regularly arrest people for DUI and they will have a job,do not need a court appointed attorney and will pay the large fees commanded by the state for drinking their taxed liquor and driving away in your state licensed vehicle.
That is sooo true about the Nazi, Gestapo, Indiana State Police staking out bars that they know prominent people attend. They won't bother staking out the dirtbag hangouts because the most of those "meth zombies" have no job to pay into the whole legal system to fuel their economy. If they busted the zombies they will just add to the jail overcrowding because they have no money to get out or to pay an attorney.

The Copper Bar is a good upstanding establishment that has good food, good drinks, good staff and a clean, controlled atmosphere. That is why it's an older crowd that is usually made up of working, responsible people that work, go to school or are retired. Most of the wild-assed kids that are just into power drinking and getting stupid go to the Bally and the really old crowd will go to Bohannon's or the Legion Post (for the really cheap drinks). The Copper Bar will sometimes have a band or even comedians upstairs but on a small and more controlled level. If you want to see bands in a good spot here locally then try Mulligan's, Imperial lanes or TK's.
toul

Garden Prairie, IL

#18 Jun 24, 2010
Just make sure its one that hasn't played at the DAWG HOUSE because I owe them all money.
Harold Ross wrote:
This is Harold Ross, the real one. Yes, I have made mistakes, but who hasn't in Terre Haute?????
Something that I did recently has proven not to be a mistake; the $20.00 bracelet promotion. Pay $20.00 for a bracelet, then drink the rest of the night for only 5cents a glass. Nothing but a full parking lot now with tons of new faces enjoying the "mandatory fun" when visiting the dawghouse.
Come in to the dawghouse, and I would be glad to visit and converse with you.
The Dawghouse has never hired a "house band" under my ownership. Currently considering options. I would appreciate comments on bands that you like and with whom you would like to see as the house band at the Dawghouse.
Respectfully Submitted,
Harold Ross
so what

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Jun 25, 2010
okay so i cant be the only one that noticed...whoever is posting under harold ross, in the know, and terrehautesucks is obviously the same person. which means it is probably harold ross responding to his own posts, even contradicting himself to prove points. unbelievable. aren't you smart enough to know that no one uses AOL anymore and that everytime you post under any name "AOL" is under your cleverly, made-up, new username. you are absolutely ridiculous.
JimDandy

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Jun 27, 2010
I drove by the Copper bar last night and I'll be darn, there was a freaking cop sitting right out front!!! Are you kidding me?!!!!!
Jumbo

United States

#21 Jun 27, 2010
JimDandy wrote:
I drove by the Copper bar last night and I'll be darn, there was a freaking cop sitting right out front!!! Are you kidding me?!!!!!
He was probably working security for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union Hospital 4 hr A Citizen 440
Is that Jenny girl at the plasma center single? 5 hr well 40
1st street rd behind Kmart 6 hr Wondering 7
Sheriff Greg Ewing must go 6 hr Passing thru 18
Manager at Heritage Trails 6 hr well 9
Joe drops towel for Miss 7 hr truckerbob 1
Fulwider appears in court for manslaughter (Sep '08) 7 hr CMg 6
WTHI anchor and reporter 9 hr all the young dudes 2
Worst Employer In Town? (Apr '12) 18 hr Big Willie 60
Prostitution in Terre Haute (Aug '11) Thu mark a 80