Twiggy's on E Wabash
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
DannyBoy

Terre Haute, IN

#1 May 18, 2010
Any thoughts good or bad on this place? I think the pizza is pretty good (but expensive) but the service on the patio is very poor.
Turk Roman

Terre Haute, IN

#3 May 18, 2010
Agreed, pizza may be the best in the area. Service is miserable. I only go there when Im in no hurry at all
Polish Pizza

Terre Haute, IN

#4 May 19, 2010
tell you what- Wise Pies on 6th is by far the best Pizza ive had in Indiana let alone Terre Haute. Very nice service too. Maurizios a distant second, with Sweet Lou's coming in third.
Hmm

United States

#5 May 19, 2010
Polish Pizza wrote:
tell you what- Wise Pies on 6th is by far the best Pizza ive had in Indiana let alone Terre Haute. Very nice service too. Maurizios a distant second, with Sweet Lou's coming in third.
While pizza preference is very subjective, I have to say virtually all of the pizza available in the greater TH area (and I think I've tried everything) pales in comparison to that available in Chicago and New York (I know, different styles).

I'd actually drive the 3 hours to Chicago just to have Giordanos or Geno's East or Lou Malnati's. Nothing around here is even in the same league.
Johan

Terre Haute, IN

#6 May 20, 2010
I've been to Twiggy's a few times and it seems if you sit at the bar and are a local, you are tolerated. If you sit at one of the tables, the service slows, and if you're outside..... the service slows to a crawl!

And I feel that I'm bothering them by sitting outside. I probably won't go back as I don't think the service will ever be satisfactory.
Robert

Terre Haute, IN

#7 May 22, 2010
I was there one evening and the waitress yelled at an older couple leaving the patio area for their vehicle. She yelled "are you leaving without paying your bill"

The older gentleman walked back to her and explained that he was tired waiting for her to come and pick up the money, and it was windy, so he had left her money and the check inside a beer glass on the tablein plain sight.

She grabbed the glass in a huff and ran back inside, not giving the guy an apology or anything!

Doubt that guy ever comes back.
Harley Mum

United States

#8 May 28, 2010
We went there last evening on our way back from the track in Indy. Sat outside for 10-15 minutes. Only once did we see a waitress but she walked right by us and didn't even acknowledge our presence.

We left.

I wish my husband owned a business so profitable that he can afford to treat his customers like crap!
no way

Terre Haute, IN

#9 May 28, 2010
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
While pizza preference is very subjective, I have to say virtually all of the pizza available in the greater TH area (and I think I've tried everything) pales in comparison to that available in Chicago and New York (I know, different styles).
I'd actually drive the 3 hours to Chicago just to have Giordanos or Geno's East or Lou Malnati's. Nothing around here is even in the same league.
None of them can beat Pizzeria Uno!!!
I agree

Terre Haute, IN

#10 May 28, 2010
The service at this place suuuuuuuucks major ass! The kid that bartends there is always talking and you have to constantly get his attention to get a drink. The waitress is some spaced out chick that looks like she's somewhere else all the time and you have to track her down for service as well. I hope these folks are related to the boss because I don't know why they would still have a job otherwise. Nice clean, non-smoking place with good food but terrible, terrible service, wake up manager/owner before it's too late!!!
VCJ

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2010
Rollie's on 40 across the highway from Lost Creek Elementary School! Best in town. It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for, so you better be hungry if you order the KING KONG. I'm telling you all, try it, you wont be disappointed. And by the way I don't work there, or own the place.

ROLLIE'S ROLLIE'S ROLLIE'S ROLLIE'S ROLLIE'S
Pizza Man

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Jun 8, 2010
Ive eaten there the last two nights in a row out of convenience. Wonderful atmosphere, great decor. Spotless-great food. How do you screw this up? SERVICE. The service is deplorable. The best meal in the world can easily be ruined if the waitress pisses me off. If you dont get a refill then go to the bar you have to wait for the tender to complete his conversation with whatever yocal he happens to be hanging with on a given day. As good as this business is-it would flat out bust at the seams if they would just wait on you.
I Agree

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Jun 8, 2010
Pizza Man wrote:
Ive eaten there the last two nights in a row out of convenience. Wonderful atmosphere, great decor. Spotless-great food. How do you screw this up? SERVICE. The service is deplorable. The best meal in the world can easily be ruined if the waitress pisses me off. If you dont get a refill then go to the bar you have to wait for the tender to complete his conversation with whatever yocal he happens to be hanging with on a given day. As good as this business is-it would flat out bust at the seams if they would just wait on you.
I hope that the owner reads these because I do like the place but the service is the worst! I don't know if all the employess are drunk or on drugs but I think the owner should make some personnel changes if they want more business. Like I said before they are probably relation that can't work anywhere else because they suck sooo bad and if they fired them then the rest of the family would be pissed off.
ADHD Always Movin

United States

#14 Jun 8, 2010
Rollie's the best in town!
Too Bad

Bradenton, FL

#15 Jun 8, 2010
The owners are so ignorant they will never know why they are losing business.
jrs5963

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Jun 8, 2010
I've had Wise Pies and it was OK. The place kind of has the look of a New York street pizzeria. The pizza was a little thin and dry for my taste, though. The best pizza for my money, though, is Sweet Lou's on South 25th St. This outfit has been making pizzas for years in Seelyville and you'll get the same consistent quality from the one here in town.
Harry Callahan

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2010
I love Rollies! Never had bad service and the place is clean. I think the owner is retired from the Air Gaurd. Huuuuuuge freakin pizza's! Tasty too.
WOW

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jun 11, 2010
Did yyou know that Twiggys pizza is Sweet Lous pizza? The one on 25th is owned by the same people that oun Twiggyus- Sweet Lous on 40. I know the service at Twiggys is kinda bad, dont know why either. I guess quality waitresses dont wanna work there. IDk hopefully they can get some servers that are good in there, because I dont want them losing business!!
jrs5963 wrote:
I've had Wise Pies and it was OK. The place kind of has the look of a New York street pizzeria. The pizza was a little thin and dry for my taste, though. The best pizza for my money, though, is Sweet Lou's on South 25th St. This outfit has been making pizzas for years in Seelyville and you'll get the same consistent quality from the one here in town.
Knucklehead

Bradenton, FL

#19 Jun 11, 2010
WOW you are correct!

I heard that Twiggy's has an agreement to serve the Sweet Lou's pizza for a fee so that's maybe why the serve staff could care less about promoting the product.

The waitresses are absolutely TOO COOL to serve, bus tables, or do anything in that place!! If they didn't want to serve anyone, why did they build the patio???
Tuco

United States

#20 Jun 11, 2010
I like to eat at the Y, they have great pizza!
Greg

Terre Haute, IN

#22 Jun 11, 2010
I Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that the owner reads these because I do like the place but the service is the worst! I don't know if all the employess are drunk or on drugs but I think the owner should make some personnel changes if they want more business. Like I said before they are probably relation that can't work anywhere else because they suck sooo bad and if they fired them then the rest of the family would be pissed off.
Well the owner did read your comment and I am not happy. I really believe we have the best pies in town but I agree that without good service whats the point. Watch for changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ambrosinis closed again 1 hr idfwu3 58
My wife has terrible looking breasts (Apr '14) 1 hr NowUKnowBetter 19
Amatuer Radio is polluting our neighborhoods (Sep '09) 2 hr Fun in jail 134
Why was Susan Mardis on a 3 day administrative ... 3 hr First timer 60
Jessica McCullough 3 hr getitright 1
It has been a week 5 hr NoClue 25
New South Tennis coach isn't Wes Kirk, the assi... 6 hr Fun in jail 27
Wise Pies 11 hr reddog 16
Did THFD's Gregg Lawson get arrested for domest... 12 hr Thewayitis 17
More from around the web