local business man involved in a hit-...

local business man involved in a hit-and-run but not charged!

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
trip

Brazil, IN

#1 Jun 6, 2013
Local business man involved in a three car hit and run last month. He was going the wrong way down walnut doing 60 and hit 3 cars. Fled the area and was never caught until now.

So here's the kicker. His family member told him to hide the in Indy for few and tell his insurance that he hit something. The family member owns a big apartment building in downtown Terre Haute. The local business man was caught when he tried to file a claim on his insurance.

Still hasnt been arrested!!!
If this was you or I, we would be arrested and in jail.
driven

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2013
trip wrote:
Local business man involved in a three car hit and run last month. He was going the wrong way down walnut doing 60 and hit 3 cars. Fled the area and was never caught until now.

So here's the kicker. His family member told him to hide the in Indy for few and tell his insurance that he hit something. The family member owns a big apartment building in downtown Terre Haute. The local business man was caught when he tried to file a claim on his insurance.

Big apartment building downtown? Do you mean Center City ?

Which of the brothers Ellis are you implicating?
ISU

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Jun 7, 2013
Sure would like to hear more details.....unless this is not true. Anyone able to find out more on this story?
trip

Brazil, IN

#4 Jun 7, 2013
Post from person who had car hit.

Good morning facebook friends and family,Most of you all know that my car and my neighbors car and her aunt's car was involved in a hit and run the nite of May 15,2013 at around 11 o'clock pm. My car was thrown into my neighbors front pouch side ways on the side walk,Well they found the guy that did all this damage to these three cars and he has not yet to this day has been arrested for hit and run,Why some of u ask as we the three left walking and this guy is driving around in a 2013 Toyota Gulf, that's because he is a big business man in this town and he has relatives high up that help with taking his car to another town and hid it until his high up relative could figure out a good story to give to his insurance, which was he didn't know what he hit he had a diabetic attack, Bull s...,, Nothing is going to be done on are part cause our pockets don't carry money and power, I just like to know what my frinds and family think of all this and what we shoud do. I really woud like your input on this please and thank you
William Dale Matherly

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jun 8, 2013
ISU wrote:
Sure would like to hear more details.....unless this is not true. Anyone able to find out more on this story?
Its not true, I talked to my sources and this is not true
bobby

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Jun 8, 2013
So who are we talking about here Anyways
The wise

United States

#8 Jun 8, 2013
William Dale Matherly wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not true, I talked to my sources and this is not true
I don't know who you think you are William Dale Matherly, but there are a few people in This town that YOU of all people, should not be bad mouthing.
We have seen post's started by you, that implicate several different people, in all kinds of compromising situations.
Take a word from the wise, cease with your libel, before it causes you problems.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#11 Jun 9, 2013
Without visual/pics/confession/video of the person who was driving the hit and run vehicle ...... you got nothing but pics of damaged cars.
This may or may not have happened but without proof you got nothing on anyone.

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#12 Jun 9, 2013
Quit being shy and post up some names. If it is true then there is nothing that they can do to you.
Dragon Fly

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Jun 9, 2013
If the Ellis have not sued Topix by now they never will.
No One in Terre Haute has ever sued Topix or any of its posters.
Irrelevant

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Jun 9, 2013
Does this even matter?
Tired

Louisville, KY

#15 Jun 10, 2013
There is no evidence that any of this ever happened.
William Dale Matherly

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Jun 10, 2013
Tired wrote:
There is no evidence that any of this ever happened.
Watch it they will call you a liar like they did me.
Mayors Orifice

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Jun 10, 2013
trip wrote:
What kind of car was the "Local businessman" driving.
zippie

Crawfordsville, IN

#18 Jun 10, 2013
Probably a car with dealer plates from the Auto House lot!!
trip

Brazil, IN

#19 Jun 10, 2013
Lexus
caution

Romania

#20 Jun 11, 2013
trip wrote:
I don't know if what you are saying is true or not but if it is and if it's a legal connected person (Ellis?) then If I were you, I would be very very VERY careful about what you posted on here and contact the FBI instead. Not the one in Terre Haute but another branch. I would worry more about the stealthy ways such people take revenge. You don't want to become a major drug dealer (or whatever they make up) overnight or have the cops drag the wabash river and *magically* NOT find your car. Just in case. I have noticed on these forums and in Terre haute in general whenever someone with authority get accused of something you will automatically get called a liar even with proof yet any average joe is automatically guilty beyond all doubt period.(even without proof) Terre Haute is hell. More people have got that knock at the door than we will ever know.
Stop feeding

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Jun 11, 2013
Stop feeding the troll.

This is all made up.

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#23 Jun 11, 2013
caution wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know if what you are saying is true or not but if it is and if it's a legal connected person (Ellis?) then If I were you, I would be very very VERY careful about what you posted on here and contact the FBI instead. Not the one in Terre Haute but another branch. I would worry more about the stealthy ways such people take revenge. You don't want to become a major drug dealer (or whatever they make up) overnight or have the cops drag the wabash river and *magically* NOT find your car. Just in case. I have noticed on these forums and in Terre haute in general whenever someone with authority get accused of something you will automatically get called a liar even with proof yet any average joe is automatically guilty beyond all doubt period.(even without proof) Terre Haute is hell. More people have got that knock at the door than we will ever know.
So you want to call the FBI over a case of hit and run/insurance fraud? Do you even have a vague understanding of the difference between state and federal law?

You are attributing WAY more power to a local lawyer than what they actually have.
trip

Terre Haute, IN

#24 Jun 11, 2013
here you go. Letter from businessman that hit the cars.

Dear xxxxxx,

I wanted to reach out to you to let you know how sorry i am about the damages to your vehicles.

on the night of the accident, after leaving church services, i had a medical episode that still is being treated after being released from the hospital. I, obviously, knew i was involved in an accident but had a total loss of memory. its is suspected that i might have had a diabetic condition.

once i learned you names, i immediately contacted my insurance company and I will continue to insist that they take care of your loss.

I wish you all the best and again, Im sorry for the inconvenience this has been for you.

Lou Corey

How about that for a confession

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My dog talked to me today! 6 min Lewd Act 10
Is Kenny Pitts a double murderer?! 6 min interesting 38
David Pegg 7 min Pecker Checker 22
I come daily 8 min Shannon 3
I got a big bick 36 min Bevy 7
Dude Matherly From Clinton 41 min Mike Oaks 1
Big news 45 min Dude Matherly 8
dannytanoos 1 hr Adam 12 57
Kenny Pitts sister being arrested? 6 hr Becca 101
Kasey phelps 6 hr Padgett 35