Cats poisoned by antifreeze mixed with food

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The mystery unfurled with nine furry bodies, three of them dead. Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control investigators are trying to determine who poisoned the stray cats by mixing their food with antifreeze ...
Comments
281 - 300 of 378 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2014
Amj

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#303
Dec 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Now i know how to rid the neighbors cats from my yard. Bravo!! Bravo!!
Seriously

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#304
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What sick, ignorant, bastards live in Florida. Killing domestic animals is illegal. Cats don't carry the diseases, btw. That was debunked back when they saved the world from the plague they were accused of spreading. Rodents and birds carry those diseases. We nueter and vaccinate the strays in RI. Turns out its cheaper than putting them to sleep, it also keeps invasive rats species away. The same damn rats that are growing huge and out of control in Florida and along the East Coast. Put the cats to work, pound for pound they are the most efficient predators on the planet. Pint sized lions and tigers. My poor house cats have never seen a live mouse, their outside cousins have wiped out everything smaller than a squirrel. I miss chipmunks in the yard,but I don't miss field mice getting inside. Its not the cats choice to be abandoned by rotten owners, don't punish them. Make the best of it. I'm surprised no ones poisoning the homeless with antifreeze. They don't smell bad enough yet? At least the cats are doing something with their lives.
Seriously

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

cossie wrote:
isnt it interesting that most of your comments come from Cat lovers. More interesting is the damage that domestic cats owned by so called cat lovers do to our native animals. Little is said about that destruction. Most cats kill for the enjoyment and love to see their victim suffer. Very few eat their prey and take the body home as its prize.(Lovely Cat) Cats are a blight on our society. We have strict regulations for dogs who are in my mind far more harmless than cats to ouir society and generally much better cared for and under control by resposible ownership by most people. Cat lovers think that it is the right of their cat to wander the streets and urinate and deficate on, and dig up their neighbours gardens. Is it any wonder why the inocent neighbour takes matters into thier own hands after in my case, warning the neighbour several times of thier cats incursion into my property. Get serious Cat lovers, If you want a cat keep it in your home boundarys where it belongs. But we all know this doesnt happen!!~! I see no feral or wandering dogs in my area ever, but every day I see hear or smell a cat.
You are insane. I would never let my cats outside . House cats that are well fed kill for sport. Wild and feral cats hunt for food. They are two completely different things. You are just taking the negatives of both and inventing a new animal. There about 25 cats living in an organized feral colony in my neighborhood. All fixed, vaccinated AND treated for parasites. Its cheaper than euthanizing them. They also have eliminated an invasive water rat species that is spreading diseases along the East Coast. They will beat the shit out of house cats so caring cat owners keep cats indoors. It sounds like this solution would be an asset in FL. We also have steep fines for owners of unfixed cats that aren't licensed breeders. Many years ago this area was over run with strays. Its a seaside community and idiots think the cats will fish or something. Now, its completely changed. Sea gulls are the only pests on the beach. Even they have decreased in numbers. I can't remember the last time I saw a pigeon around here. There are still the beautiful cardinals and finches that belong here. Cats hunting for food target pideon and gulls, even little geese. Large rodents like rats and sadly, chipmunks. Playful pet cats are the ones killing hummingbirds and finches. They are like toys to them. Cats looking for food are better hunters than that. If you needed to feed your family would you get a Cornish hen or an oven stuffer roaster? A hungry cat wants the meatiest choice that isn't going to hurt them. This is why cats rarely bother with squirrels and raccoons and never target birds of prey. A feral cat colony forces people to contain their own cats and dogs and cuts down on pest populations. It also saves tax dollars. I'm not talking about feeding strays, either. These are fixed and vaccinated animals. Having them treated witb multivantix or revolution also controls fleas and ticks in the area. For the past two years in a row, my pit bull has not picked up a single tick. He's 14 and for the first twelve years of his life, every fall and spring meant a tick or two. If you aren't familiar with these miracle drops, they kill all kinds of parasites fleas, earmites, worms, for 30 days. By releasing treated animals repeatedly in one area, the population of these pests is under control as well.
Cat Reaper

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#306
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seriously wrote:
Killing domestic animals is illegal. Cats don't carry the diseases, btw. That was debunked back when they saved the world from the plague they were accused of spreading. Rodents and birds carry those diseases. We nueter and vaccinate the strays in RI. Turns out its cheaper than putting them to sleep, it also keeps invasive rats species away. The same damn rats that are growing huge and out of control in Florida and along the East Coast. Put the cats to work, pound for pound they are the most efficient predators on the planet. Pint sized lions and tigers. My poor house cats have never seen a live mouse, their outside cousins have wiped out everything smaller than a squirrel. I miss chipmunks in the yard,but I don't miss field mice getting inside. Its not the cats choice to be abandoned by rotten owners, don't punish them. Make the best of it. I'm surprised no ones poisoning the homeless with antifreeze. They don't smell bad enough yet? At least the cats are doing something with their lives.
Allow me to educate you.

Killing cats is illegal....and so is speeding, so is man on man relations and co-habitation in many places still. Some laws deserve to be broken.

Cats don't carry diseases? How about toxoplasmosis, hook worms, tetanus, rabies, ring worms, for the ones that sicken / kill humans, and how about parvo for killing dogs, especially puppies?

Saved us from the plague? Hardly. Again, if you had picked up a few books and bothered to educate yourself, you would know that the ONLY reason humans were not completely wiped out by the plague is that (as scientists have shown) a large percentage of people have a gene that makes them immune to the disease, as well as other diseases. Those who didn't have the gene, died.

Surgery is cheaper that killing them? Nah. A can of cat food with anti-freeze costs less than a dollar and will snuff out the average cat. Also one can catch them in a re-usable cage, then when you have a box of cats, dump them in the middle of nowhere where they can either die or at least not be a bother to humans. The pellet from a high powered pellet rifle costs only pennies and will usually dispatch a cat as well. You need to check your math, because snuffing out cats is very affordable compared to doing surgery on them.

Nobody said it was the cats fault for being abandoned. But when they are pests, they need to be eliminated. It's not a matter of "punishing them". It's not a personal matter. It's a matter of pest control. Don't like mice? Put out some mouse bait or traps. Nobody needs nasty, stinky, foul cats making the world smell like ammonia and scratching cars, digging up flower beds, killing local birds and squirrels and chipmunks. There are other ways to control mice and rats and I would choose those options ANY DAY over having a foul disgusting cat around.

Surprised some on here aren't killing homeless people? That's because you, like most cat FREAKS don't realize that cats are not equal to humans. Humans are above ALL animals, and cats are at the bottom of the totem pole in the animal kingdom. They are vermin, and they are pests. Killing a cat is exactly the same as stepping on a roach, or killing a mouse or a snake. Pest control. Just because you think they are fuzzy and cute does not make them any less of a nuisance for the normal humans around you that don't want their property fouled and destroyed by your disgusting cats.

You had better hope you never live near me and let your cats out.
Tiredofit

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#307
Jan 17, 2013
 
Cat Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to educate you.
Killing cats is illegal....and so is speeding, so is man on man relations and co-habitation in many places still. Some laws deserve to be broken.
Cats don't carry diseases? How about toxoplasmosis, hook worms, tetanus, rabies, ring worms, for the ones that sicken / kill humans, and how about parvo for killing dogs, especially puppies?
Saved us from the plague? Hardly. Again, if you had picked up a few books and bothered to educate yourself, you would know that the ONLY reason humans were not completely wiped out by the plague is that (as scientists have shown) a large percentage of people have a gene that makes them immune to the disease, as well as other diseases. Those who didn't have the gene, died.
Surgery is cheaper that killing them? Nah. A can of cat food with anti-freeze costs less than a dollar and will snuff out the average cat. Also one can catch them in a re-usable cage, then when you have a box of cats, dump them in the middle of nowhere where they can either die or at least not be a bother to humans. The pellet from a high powered pellet rifle costs only pennies and will usually dispatch a cat as well. You need to check your math, because snuffing out cats is very affordable compared to doing surgery on them.
Nobody said it was the cats fault for being abandoned. But when they are pests, they need to be eliminated. It's not a matter of "punishing them". It's not a personal matter. It's a matter of pest control. Don't like mice? Put out some mouse bait or traps. Nobody needs nasty, stinky, foul cats making the world smell like ammonia and scratching cars, digging up flower beds, killing local birds and squirrels and chipmunks. There are other ways to control mice and rats and I would choose those options ANY DAY over having a foul disgusting cat around.
Surprised some on here aren't killing homeless people? That's because you, like most cat FREAKS don't realize that cats are not equal to humans. Humans are above ALL animals, and cats are at the bottom of the totem pole in the animal kingdom. They are vermin, and they are pests. Killing a cat is exactly the same as stepping on a roach, or killing a mouse or a snake. Pest control. Just because you think they are fuzzy and cute does not make them any less of a nuisance for the normal humans around you that don't want their property fouled and destroyed by your disgusting cats.
You had better hope you never live near me and let your cats out.


Finally someone writes something worth reading. Good job.
Kirk

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#308
Jan 21, 2013
 
Bud Lite wrote:
They should force feed the perp a gallon of antifreeze.
I'm not saying that poisoning a cat is right, but your response is frightening. How could you say something like that?
fed up and tired

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#310
Jan 21, 2013
 
Thanks now i can get rid of those vermin !
PooOnTheShoe

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#311
Jan 26, 2013
 
A couple of times this year I've stepped in cat or dog poo just outside of my home while going to business meetings. As much as I would wipe, the smell of fresh feces would still remain with me throughout my meetings.

I don't have any pets and don't see why I should have to step in their feces on my own property just because irresponsible owners either let their own pets run wild and/or stray cats and dogs feel the need to relieve themselves in my yard. I've called animal control in my town but they never come to trap these pests. I'm all for setting out poison to rid my yard of these pests and don't understand why people get offended by this. I'm the one who keeps stepping in dog and cat sh*t, not them.
sick of cats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#312
Jan 28, 2013
 
I have no problems with people having cats and being responsible with them. What I do have a problem with is these idiots that take in a bunch of cats and let them run around everywhere but their house. We have the right to shoot people for trespassing so what makes you think we wont shoot your cats for doi.g the same.
Dai qualified

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#313
Jan 28, 2013
 
fair is fair wrote:
I don't mind pets. But if someone else's pet becomes a problem to me i will kill the pet. Part of having a pet is taking responsibility for your pet. Make sure your pet is not a nuisence to other people. Right now my neigbours cat is intruding in my house and yard. So i have poisened it. End of my problem.
. Fair enough mate how did you do it and how long did it take thanks
Dai qualified

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#314
Jan 28, 2013
 
Hello I got a cat problem , my missus got 1 cat but she has taken on 4 strays and my head is about to explode . They piss everywhere and it absolutely stinks . My house absolutely stinks we must spent 20 quid a week on smelly products to try and overcome the small even changed floors and skirting a . I have asked the missus nicely to get rid of them , but she's not taken the hint . I have no choice but to try poison them . What's best thanks
Dai qualified

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#315
Jan 28, 2013
 
Here Kitty wrote:
Strip the ends of an extension lead , attach to a can of cat food , plug into power point and call here kitty kitty kitty........BOOM
. Ha ha love it were thinking that my self lol
Fed up with Nonsense

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#316
Jan 31, 2013
 
I last commented on this problem three years ago and it doesn't get any better. I have given up with pellets and poisons etc and just shoot the filthy disease ridden fleabags. Responsible cat owners keep your cuddly furry cats at home otherwise some people will blow them away! No law against it where I live!
Jpb

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#317
Feb 1, 2013
 
sorry4you ALL wrote:
My neighbors were trying to kill another neighbors cats and left a bowl of antifreeze too close to the curb and my toddler wandered too far one day during a garage sale I was having and drank it. he died. I hope all of you who think this is a solution to your feline problem feel something about this. You can never be too SAFE! Just pick the cat shit up like the rest of us. They are serving a sentence for Involuntary Manslaughter, but that will not bring Adam back to his mother and me. I hope this makes you think before you do something stupid.
I hope this didn't really happen. There are tears coming down my face as I have small children of my own. Don't care much about the cats but children.....
Cat Equalizer

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#318
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Jpb wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope this didn't really happen. There are tears coming down my face as I have small children of my own. Don't care much about the cats but children.....
Don't believe that BS story, I sure don't. No decent parent would let their toddler wander off alone and drink an unknown liquid out of a bowl on the street curb. If this fool actually did neglect to watch their toddler and this did happened then shame on them for not watching their small child! They should be the ones charged with neglect. Nobody would ever be charged with manslaughter for putting antifreeze in a bowl. That is so absurd its ridiculous.
moo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#319
Feb 4, 2013
 
I hate that u have. A cruel site as this
Slipknot Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#320
Feb 4, 2013
 
!!I hate stray cats an every person for liking stray cats they're parasite I'll see them on their heads with a pellet gun and leave them on your front porch!!
Steve

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#321
Feb 6, 2013
 
sorry4you ALL wrote:
My neighbors were trying to kill another neighbors cats and left a bowl of antifreeze too close to the curb and my toddler wandered too far one day during a garage sale I was having and drank it. he died. I hope all of you who think this is a solution to your feline problem feel something about this. You can never be too SAFE! Just pick the cat shit up like the rest of us. They are serving a sentence for Involuntary Manslaughter, but that will not bring Adam back to his mother and me. I hope this makes you think before you do something stupid.
He drank the antifreeze? Probably saved you a lifetime of problems. Good thing he's out of the gene pool.
Cats suck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#322
Feb 7, 2013
 
It's a bunch of b.s. when you stupid cat lovers think your nasty animals have the right to go on someone's property, scratch, crap, and piss all over patio furniture and other things that we work hard for and it's ok, f--- that, if you don't want your nasty ass cat killed let it shit and piss on your property, keep it the hell off mine, stupid ass cats !!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#323
Feb 18, 2013
 
Why on earth, would anyone think it is permissible to let their cats run free....with all the destruction to the wild bird population....i can completely understand when people take it out on the sad cats......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Tequesta Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tequesta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tequesta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tequesta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tequesta
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••