California: Teen drowns in Atascadero...

California: Teen drowns in Atascadero High School pool

There are 1 comment on the San Diego Union-Tribune story from May 10, 2008, titled California: Teen drowns in Atascadero High School pool. In it, San Diego Union-Tribune reports that:

A 17-year-old student drowned in the Atascadero High School swimming pool during a physical education class. via San Diego Union-Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Diego Union-Tribune.

BRANDON

Alhambra, CA

#1 Jul 1, 2008
IT was juNE 30 2008 at MOntereypark Summer school at Happyday. my son is 6 yeras old. its his first time at the pool for a swimming lessons.
i was outside the fence looking at my son jump on 8 feet deep .he does not know how to swim and he does not know about how deep the water.
there were 2 teachers on the pool and i dont know it they are certified LIfeguard or not...but there was just talking to each other...while my son drown all the way down. I HAVE TO RUN AS FAST AS I COULD , AND DIVE ON THE POOL 8 FEET DEEP TO RESCUE MY ONLY SON. AND I WAS ABLE TO PULL HIM OUT OF THE WATER. I WAS VERY TERRIFFIED...AND I ASK THOSE TEACHERS MADLY ASKING THEM THAT WHO WAS INCHARGE ON THE POOL...THEY REPLY TO ME SAYING WE DONT KNOW AND THAT KID IS NOT ON OUR CLASS TRAINING, HE IS ON DIFF CLASS...I MADLY TOLD THEM WHO CARES..A PERSON IS DROWNING AND I SAW BOTH OF YOU JUST TALKING AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.
I WAS SO LUCKY THAT I WAS THERE ON MY SONS FIRST SWIMMING LESSON....OR ELSE HE IS NOT GONN MAKE IT TO HIS BIRTH-DAY THIS JULY 2 2008.....GOD BLESS...HE HAVE AN ANGEL WATCHING HIM. I NEVER IN MY LIFE SAVE A PERSON LIFE, NOT UNTIL YESTERDAY JUNE 30 2008. I DID NOT HAVE TIME TO TAKE MY SHOES AND SHIRTS OFF...I HAVE TO DIVE TO SAVE MY ONLY KID.
I WAS SO UPSET AND I DID NOT SLEEP AND I AM STILL TERRIFIED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Templeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Luis Obispo PD MUSLIM Task Force Jul 22 SLOPD MTF 1
Debbie Peterson Gets It Wrong Again Jul 21 Annoyed by pettiness 1
POLICE who LIE Committ PERJURY Aaron Shafer LIE... Jul 20 KVG 2
Federal Suit notice of Fraud on lOCAL DEALER-US... Jul 20 Amex 1
Judge Charles S. Crandall under investigation S... Jul 20 Shameful 1
public corruption slo (Nov '14) Jul 20 scott 5
Judge Charles S. Crandall under Judicial review... Jul 20 scott 1

Templeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance