Dog's shelter death upsets family

Dog's shelter death upsets family

There are 6 comments on the SanLuisObispo.com story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Dog's shelter death upsets family. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

The death of a beloved family dog at the county animal shelter over the Labor Day weekend has set off a torrent of complaints about the facility and led to calls for reform, at least one of which already has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

Rhodes

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2007
The last sentence in your report should have been at the beginning of the story; my first question was, "why is an owned pet in the shelter?"

Even if closed aren't there people physically at the shelter to feed, water, and watch the dogs? If there was an earthquake, medical, or other emergency who's looking out for the animals?

Those responsible for kids are not allowed to abandon them, why animals?

“He's 3 1/2 lbs. of fury!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Hampton Roads, VA

#2 Nov 7, 2007
Rhodes wrote:
The last sentence in your report should have been at the beginning of the story; my first question was, "why is an owned pet in the shelter?"
Even if closed aren't there people physically at the shelter to feed, water, and watch the dogs? If there was an earthquake, medical, or other emergency who's looking out for the animals?
Those responsible for kids are not allowed to abandon them, why animals?
At the animal shelter I worked at no one stayed over night. And that is odd a family pet was there....was this a shelter or a boarding?
Chuck Baker

Wallburg, NC

#3 Nov 7, 2007
This happened to my friend in Pasco FL. He was at work and his wife was home. She was physically challenged. The dog got out. By the time he got home, the shelter was closing.He had called and they said he could pick up his dog Monday. When he went to get the dog, they had euthanised it. Not good. Less thaqn 3 days elapsed. I'd be angry. Sometimes, people's pets get away from them.
Joni

White Oak, NC

#4 Nov 8, 2007
Except for Chuck Baker, it doesn't sound like any of you even read the article. The dog got away from the family during a storm. It happens. That family is being a lot nicer than I would be. My dog would have come home with me that Sunday, or I would have stayed at the shelter until Tuesday myself.

“He's 3 1/2 lbs. of fury!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Hampton Roads, VA

#5 Nov 8, 2007
Yeah, I just read the article....I think I would have camped out, too.
Joni

White Oak, NC

#6 Nov 9, 2007
They would have given me my dog because I would not have left them alone until they did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Templeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DA Dan Dow Fake PROSECUTION Mon Day B 8
Vintage Paso Zinfandel Weekend Paso Robles Mon howefortunate 1
SLO DA Dan Dow Must GO Bye Bye Feb 17 TCC 4
Breaking News SLO DDA Cadena to run against New... Feb 17 My Cousin Vinny 4
News Ilan Funke-Bilu to run for judge Feb 15 tellinitlikeitis 3
FAKE Man Soliciting Money Feb 11 LCDR 1
Tim Covello needs MONEY CASH Feb 6 Clay 2

Templeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance