Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#216890 Sep 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Does it compare with using the "N" word?
of course not, it is like saying.. "Hey, you have blue eyes"

Yeah.... so?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#216891 Sep 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There was always those thought the races shouldn't mix, but that didn't prevent a lot of race mixing in the Civil War era, nor did it prevent all interracial marriages. It's rather ironic to condemn those who advocated for racially segregated marriage to argue for gender segregated marriage.
<quoted text>
Really....the word "homosexual" wasn't coined until the late 19th century. It's possible they might have been aware of individuals who were, queers, as in odd, or might have been aware of same sex sexual behavior in the abstract historical sense, but I highly doubt from contemporary experience.
well, since i didn't live bck then, sorry, i don't know what their corerct term was for what is in modern times referred to as a homosexual. my apologies. nor do i have the time to go & find that term and use it in the post you put into question.

so, yes, i don't believe that our founding fathers had their heads buried in the sand and were naive enough to have missed or not been aware their neighbors that that were not with members of the opposite sex. if you think they were....well, that's on you. nothing i've read shows me that they were that ignorant (using the dictionary meaning of ignorant not the colloquial definition) as to not be aware of people that were same sex attracted.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#216892 Sep 17, 2013
Old Grand Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dumb shit. I didn't mention anything about Chritianity, so don't make the same mistake all you homosexuals make and that is chage the story suit yourself ok. Grow up
typical self avowed christian that resorts to using profanity and name calling.

you're the one complaining about "morality". i didn't change anything - i pointed out to you the results of your way of thinking and doing things. YOU were the blood of those kids that were bullied for being gay and they committed suicide as a result of that bullying. you must be very proud of yourself and your offspring for accomplishing that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216893 Sep 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
of course not, it is like saying.. "Hey, you have blue eyes"
Yeah.... so?
VV said maybe his son is gay with the intention of hurting him. Not helping him. But put that infamous Big D spin on it and make it homophobia on the victim's part! Fun stuff.
Qog Quog K Bros

Sonoma, CA

#216894 Sep 17, 2013
the country needs to get ready for the invasion of the drag belly kooch no-dance lurching lesbians from irany. These fatties are on route, en-route & in boot.
these there girlies have got a mad on for free showers in your house and they will not take any answer but "yowzer" as you run off forever and toss the keys to the cat, who will be eaten for lunch. this is all due to them not understanding much but the mother tongue and being all pissed about being stitched up by the immoms. talk about reeking tents. this is what folkks are saying over at the foux. woo
is not for you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216895 Sep 17, 2013
Qog Quog K Bros wrote:
the country needs to get ready for the invasion of the drag belly kooch no-dance lurching lesbians from irany. These fatties are on route, en-route & in boot.
these there girlies have got a mad on for free showers in your house and they will not take any answer but "yowzer" as you run off forever and toss the keys to the cat, who will be eaten for lunch. this is all due to them not understanding much but the mother tongue and being all pissed about being stitched up by the immoms. talk about reeking tents. this is what folkks are saying over at the foux. woo
is not for you.
Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216896 Sep 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hateful thing to say.
So... You show your cards again. You think it's hateful for me to assume that your son might be gay?

Only someone who hates gay people would say something like that.

Obviously I didn't mean it as hateful. I'm a gay man. I don't see a problem if he's gay. To me he would just be another gay man among the millions of other gay men in the world.

But you think of it as hateful.

Would you want him eliminated if he were gay? Would you try to "cure" him? Would you blame his mother for producing a gay son? Maybe you would blame yourself. Maybe you would insist that both you and your wife are to blame--what with your "epigenetic theory" and all.

If he is gay, he has my sympathy.

My folks didn't exactly cotton to the idea of having a gay son, but to have you as a father and be gay--that's not a fate I'd wish on anyone.

By the way your marriage is still only a "mutually sterile, pointlessly opposite gendered half of marriage".

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216897 Sep 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's mad at you so he declares that your son is just like him. Precious.
I never have understood why people would think that a gay person is hurling an insult at someone by suggesting that someone else is gay.

If I am gay, how is it insulting to say that someone else might also be gay?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#216898 Sep 17, 2013
"Good times!", she cried.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#216899 Sep 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So... You show your cards again. You think it's hateful for me to assume that your son might be gay?
Obviously I didn't mean it as hateful. I'm a gay man. I don't see a problem if he's gay. To me he would just be another gay man among the millions of other gay men in the world.
Would you want him eliminated if he were gay? Would you try to "cure" him? Would you blame his mother for producing a gay son? Maybe you would blame yourself. Maybe you would insist that both you and your wife are to blame--what with your "epigenetic theory" and all.
My folks didn't exactly cotton to the idea of having a gay son, but to have you as a father and be gay--that's not a fate I'd wish on anyone.
By the way your marriage is still only a "mutually sterile, pointlessly opposite gendered half of marriage".
Yeah, we all know that's what your sarcastic words communicated.

Just another correction, when you include both genders it's not a 'half'.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216900 Sep 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have understood why people would think that a gay person is hurling an insult at someone by suggesting that someone else is gay.
Thanks. That's my point. It would be stupid of you to suggest his son is gay as an insult. Which is what you did. Woops! Now I called you stupid too.
Hillbilly Man

Emmalena, KY

#216901 Sep 17, 2013
Howdy there you redneck, knuckle dragging, crack licking, crotch sniffing. baby butchering perverts!
Personally I think all of you suck in Kalifonia! We need to dig a big hole in Timbuktu and throw your pathetic asses in it. Then restock Kalifonia with normal humans. You know, the kind that aren't Cod Gobblers.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#216902 Sep 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried, they donít even come close to comprehending that being gay or being called gay, is not in any way an insult.

They live and breathe hate and spite all day long, and so take offence at things that are not offensive in any way at all.
Hillbilly Man

Emmalena, KY

#216903 Sep 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
again you are mistaking being called homosexual as an insult
it is only an insult to the hateful and spiteful members of our society. Fortunately your hateful and spiteful constituency is in steep decline
aaaah how tweet! makes me want to shit a big pile
Big D

Modesto, CA

#216904 Sep 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. That's my point. It would be stupid of you to suggest his son is gay as an insult. Which is what you did. Woops! Now I called you stupid too.
Hey look folks Frankie has come out of the closet again, he thinks being called gay is an insult

Im glad he wonít be hiding behind his lie of supporting same sex marriage anymore, unless he is even dumber than we think he is. The bar is already pretty low for Frankie, I wouldnít put it past him to try and keep the pretense up anyway, when we all know better. Letís see if he is as stupid as I think he is and argues to keep it up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216905 Sep 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought if you said his son is gay he wouldn't like it because you assume he is a homophobe. That is an insult in itself.

Admit it and end this pack of lies, you got Big D lying for you and he needs rehab for habitually lying, not encouragement!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216906 Sep 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried, they donít even come close to comprehending that being gay or being called gay, is not in any way an insult.
They live and breathe hate and spite all day long, and so take offence at things that are not offensive in any way at all.
Too funny!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#216907 Sep 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They live and breathe hate and spite all day long
But we're not mental cripples who Celebrate Diversity© by calling others bigots and homophobes and racists.

Imbecile.
Hillbilly Man

Emmalena, KY

#216908 Sep 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
again you are mistaking being called homosexual as an insult
it is only an insult to the hateful and spiteful members of our society. Fortunately your hateful and spiteful constituency is in steep decline
Weealy....calling you a homo is not an insult? Let me tell you what an insult to humanity is....A man wearing women's stockings looking for a hole plug. Or wearing lipstick trying to
milk a dick. NOW THATS AN INSULT
Hillbilly Man

Emmalena, KY

#216909 Sep 17, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
But we're not mental cripples who Celebrate Diversity© by calling others bigots and homophobes and racists.
Imbecile.
So are you one of those Tennessee pecker pirates? With all those good looking corn fed women there why are you a crack maggot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Templeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cal Coast News reveal POLICE Misconduct 7 hr Mark Abbott 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr surfs up 7,955
police use illegal fb to entrap summer johnson ... 22 hr SUMMER JOHNSON C... 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu zhuzhamm 5,079
Fake Police Site SUMMER JOHNSON Exposed Thu Dirty local Police 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Templeton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Templeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Templeton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Templeton