Another death at Nacimiento Water Pro...

Another death at Nacimiento Water Project

There are 1 comment on the Monterey County Herald story from Aug 21, 2009, titled Another death at Nacimiento Water Project. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

A construction worker on the Nacimiento Water Project died early Thursday in an industrial accident at Camp Roberts, making his the third death linked to the water pipeline's construction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Craig

Monterey, CA

#1 Aug 21, 2009
We learned that human life was an asset expendable to achieve goals from the Vietnamese, and now pretend profess shock and outrage as the lesson is applied to American business practices. Make no mistake- productivity is the core consideration, as in my opinion was clearly exemplified by the response of the company spokesperson queried regarding the accident: "the project is 83 percent complete and ahead of schedule". I believe there are always three considerations in construction, and productivity is only one of them. The other two are safety and quality- and perhaps the state needs to amplify both incentives and penalties to restore a healthier interest in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Templeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three sea otters that washed up on California's... 51 min meth jeff 3
Gangs Operating on Central Coast Aug 24 truth 3
Judge Charles S. Crandall under Judicial review... Aug 24 Allen Dawson 2
Dective in training SLO PD Aaron Schafer commit... Aug 24 Allen Dawson 5
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Aug 22 heavensson 35
Poll Do you want to move to get away from Mexicans (Nov '07) Aug 9 Notapecka 32
SUMMER JOHNSON Scandal arraignment today (Jan '15) Aug 8 curious1 8

Templeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Templeton Mortgages