Theologian takes on the idea of a 'soul'

Theologian takes on the idea of a 'soul'

There are 2 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Oct 17, 2008, titled Theologian takes on the idea of a 'soul'. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

THERE IS NO such thing as a soul. A shocking statement, to be sure, especially coming from a Christian theologian and philosopher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

BobC

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Oct 18, 2008
"And those cultural developments have come about as a result of our communication and interaction with God," she says.

That's an extremely childish idea. There's no evidence for it. She's just making things up.

Theology is a bunch of words about nothing. It's time to throw out all these medieval ideas about a magical fairy, also known as Mr. God.
ACH

Englewood, CO

#2 Oct 21, 2008
haha. Oh, BobC. You're funny.
I love how you said her statement was childish, yet all you've done here is create straw men and completely ignore anything else she would have to say about the issue (which obviously didn't make it into the article). Who's childish now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Templeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SLO POLL RESULTS on elections exit polls Sat Jorge 6
Superior Court Judge Gives Thousands fot Covello Sat Mandy Simms 2
News DA Dan Dow fails to promote justice, supports c... May 17 Claire Reis 1
Tim Covello accepts money from a Perjured Colleage May 16 Lynda 1
Law Enforcement Official suspect in Brutal Viol... May 16 Lynda 4
News Viet Thanh Nguyen: The blackface incidents at C... May 15 Andrew 1
POLICE OFFICIAL Suspect in Series of Rapes SLO May 12 Kimberly H 4

Templeton Jobs

Personal Finance

Templeton Mortgages