CAPSLO, Dee Torres, and BED-BUGS!

CAPSLO, Dee Torres, and BED-BUGS!

Posted in the Templeton Forum

Since: Sep 13

Arroyo Grande, CA

#1 Sep 20, 2013
For months, CAPSLO's homeless services facilities have been infested with round after round of bed-bugs.

Dee Torres, director of CAPSLO homeless services, has taken the cheap-skate approach to getting rid of the bed-bugs, choosing options for treatment which did not do the job.

The result? Bed-bugs that are stronger and more resistant to treatment.

And the infestations just keep coming. They are even having to resort to using dogs especially trained to detect bed-bugs to try to keep CAPSLO's bed-bug epidemic in check.

The scary part of this is that the CDC recently published a bulletin indicating bed-bugs as MRSA (antibiotic-resistant) carriers.

With the number of CAPSLO staff, vendors, and CAPSLO clients that access CAPSLO's facilities every day, this is a public-health risk SLO cannot accept.

CAPSLO needs to get a REAL director to run homeless services, and not just someone who happens to conveniently be the fiance of one of the county supervisors (Adam Hill).
JEff Edwards

San Luis Obispo, CA

#2 Sep 20, 2013
Julie, put down the fork and spoon and get your fat ass on a treadmill!
Mary Malone

Arroyo Grande, CA

#3 Sep 20, 2013
JEff Edwards wrote:
Julie, put down the fork and spoon and get your fat ass on a treadmill!
---------

Talking to yourself again? Or to the bed-bugs?
Mary Malone

Arroyo Grande, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Malone is ill wrote:
<quoted text>
This Malone or who ever they are shows signs of being a very dumb or just an uneducated idiot, or both. My guess who ever Malone is using a fake name and works for CCN is low intelligence on welfare, overweight, not attractive has no life at all, does not work and most probably is on public assistance to live a low life.
This person and all the many posting one after another responds to her own posting that is a authentic NUT JOB.
Do a search on the Tribune for "bed bugs." You'll see how many times, very recently, they have had to close down the homeless services facility to deal with bed bugs.

Why can't Dee Torres get the problem fixed? She's in charge of homeless services, yet she is unable to treat the bed bugs effectively? What is she doing? She certainly isn't doing her job.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 Sep 23, 2013
The fact that this is a homeless facility which will undoubtedly have individuals coming and going all the time makes it highly susceptible to infestations of bed bugs and other problems like scabies.

It is always going to be an up hill struggle.

As for MRSA as far as I am aware there is still no evidence to show that bed bugs spread this or any other disease to humans.

http://treatmentofbedbugs.net
Mary Malone

Arroyo Grande, CA

#8 Sep 23, 2013
Magssno wrote:
The fact that this is a homeless facility which will undoubtedly have individuals coming and going all the time makes it highly susceptible to infestations of bed bugs and other problems like scabies.
As for MRSA as far as I am aware there is still no evidence to show that bed bugs spread this or any other disease to humans.
Dee Torres bedbug problem has not been an ongoing problem until recently. The problem is she doesn't seem to know how to effectively deal with issues as they occur.

Maybe she is too busy trying to get her boyfriends to fund her program with our taxpayer dollars. Whatever it is, CAPSLO needs to get their heads out of their kiesters and get someone to head CAPSLO who can effectively deal with problems as they come up, and not just do it on the cheap so the problem continues.
Hey hypocrite

Paso Robles, CA

#9 Sep 23, 2013
Why haven't you responded to the other thread? Normally you can't help yourself.
Self absorbed blowhard.

Judged:111
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
The only drama queen is the one who wrote me 30+ times in one day, saying how my "little blog" is full of "hateful crap." This comes from the same Mary Malone who, just two years ago, asked to volunteer for my site and thanked me "for the incredible amount of work it must take to maintain and keep current the Razor website."
For example:
<quoted text>
Love me for posting articles that somewhat align with CCN's coverage, and hate me for calling them out.
Now I know why you prefer to stay anonymous. If people knew who you were, you'd be laughed out of the County.
Drama Queen: Party of One
Mary responds to everything else with her normal BS. Why not this?
Hypocrite

Arroyo Grande, CA

#11 Oct 1, 2013
Magssno wrote:
Do a search at the CDC. Don't just wallow in your ignorance.

Arroyo Grande, CA

#12 Oct 1, 2013
Malone is ill wrote:
<quoted text>
This Malone or who ever they are shows signs of being a very dumb or just an uneducated idiot, or both. My guess who ever Malone is using a fake name and works for CCN is low intelligence on welfare, overweight, not attractive has no life at all, does not work and most probably is on public assistance to live a low life.
This person and all the many posting one after another responds to her own posting that is a authentic NUT JOB.
You "guess"? Wow, that makes your opinion worth less than nothing.

Search the CDC's bulletins. Don't just make up stupid ad hominem attacks. It just makes you look weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Templeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
public corruption slo (Nov '14) Mar 19 COP 7
Time to hire a New Chief of Police Mar 19 Pacman 2
the shame of filipino (Jan '07) Mar 18 Filipinos are rats 74
Gregory A. Erwin Fires Lawyer Radding (Apr '16) Mar 17 Oh Yea 3
News Cal Coast News Writers Lose Libel Case, Ordered... Mar 17 Oh Yea 1
SLO POLICE Department Dysfunctional Corrupt (May '15) Mar 16 CSM Retired 5
San Luis Obispo Has a New Judge/Commissioner C... Mar 13 Gman 4

Templeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance