Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
anonymous

Arlington, TX

#15903 Dec 8, 2012
Texan wrote:
...I have been told that to be old and wise we must first be young and stupid. Just a thought.
Proverbs 19:11 "The wise are patient; they will be honored if they ignore insults." I am finding stuff I'm not even looking for.
anonymous

Arlington, TX

#15904 Dec 8, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Your application of Scriptures is most inadequate. And one must wonder why you would try to defend one as HF?
How about reading ROmans 5:12-the end of the chapter. A lot to type.
Also Romans 6:15 till the end of chapter.
Are your parents into a CHurch? What influences you?
After finding so many things in Proverbs that seem to discourage the type of argument some of you are engaging in, I recommend Proverbs. And since we are not going to "answer in a gentle way and with respect" like Peter told us to do, we can at least exhibit the "wise" behavior described in Proverbs and avoid "fool" behavior. Does anyone agree with my view?
Furly

Rockport, TX

#15905 Dec 9, 2012
Fighting over scripture?
anonymous

Arlington, TX

#15906 Dec 9, 2012
Proverbs 3:30 "Don't accuse a person for no good reason; don't accuse someone who has not harmed you."
10:19 "If you talk a lot, you are sure to sin; if you are wise, you will keep quiet."
11:12 "People without good sense find fault with their neighbors, but those with understanding keep quiet." (When I fist came on here, I was cursed at and told that I was going to hell. Theeng has also been accused.)
12:16 "Fools quickly show that they are upset, but the wise ignore insults."
15 "A gentle answer will calm a person's anger, but an unkind answer will cause more anger."
15:18 "People with quick tempers cause trouble, but those who control their tempers stop a quarrel."
17:14 "Starting a quarrel is like a leak in a dam, so stop it before a fight breaks out."
17:19 "Whoever loves to argue loves to sin..."
17:27 "The wise say very little, and those with understanding stay calm."
18:6 "The words of fools start quarrels. They make people want to beat them."
18:13 "Anyone who answers without listening is foolish and confused."
19:11 "The wise are patient; they will be honored if they ignore insults."
20:3 "Foolish people are always fighting, but avoiding quarrels will bring you honor."
23:9 "Don't speak to fools; they will only ignore your wise words." (Some of you consider each other fools, yet you still argue with them.)
24:17 "Don't be happy when your enemy is defeated; don't be glad when he is overwhelmed. The Lord will notice and be displeased. He may not be angry with them anymore."
25:15 "With patience you can convince a ruler, and a gentle word can get through to the hard-headed."
26:21 "Just as charcoal and wood keep a fire going, a quarrelsome person keeps an arguement going."
30:33 "Just as stirring milk makes butter, and twisting noses makes them bleed, so stirring up anger causes trouble."
anonymous

Arlington, TX

#15907 Dec 9, 2012
Furly wrote:
Fighting over scripture?
No, we are fighting over anything we can find to fight about.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15908 Dec 9, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not merely to "defend" Heavy Fed, but to defend anyone who keeps a snake. We need to be careful what we choose to criticize. Not all of Heavy Fed's behavior is evil. He also breaths, you could call that a sin just because he is the one doing it, if you chose to accuse so.
Very beautiful scripture. I love it. Now I have to ask, is there something you want to teach me about those particular chapters of Romans?
Nope, just think on them. Snakes? I did not comment on.I critize all his false teachings at the moment. Snakes I did not comment on. Can't even remember what he said of it now. ANd no offense, but not important enough for me to re read. He is just trying to stir it up I am sure. You continue to back HF though. Bazaar if you beleive what you claim. You think he knows more than Scipture and has evolved beyond God's word to the mortal man? You don't critize him for these claims. Bazaar.
Furly

Rockport, TX

#15910 Dec 9, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>No, we are fighting over anything we can find to fight about.
Bored much or just old and grumpy?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15911 Dec 9, 2012
Yes Fed,I know you were making fun of me, you do that to a lot of folks. Small children tend to do that a lot. They do it when they are out of control of a situation and can think of nothing else to do. Just another example of your not superior intellect. anonymous, finish school, just finish school. When you graduate you can find something to do besides quote scripture and kiss Feds backside.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#15912 Dec 9, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just think on them. Snakes? I did not comment on.I critize all his false teachings at the moment. Snakes I did not comment on. Can't even remember what he said of it now. ANd no offense, but not important enough for me to re read. He is just trying to stir it up I am sure. You continue to back HF though. Bazaar if you beleive what you claim. You think he knows more than Scipture and has evolved beyond God's word to the mortal man? You don't critize him for these claims. Bazaar.
Texan wrote:
Yes Fed,I know you were making fun of me, you do that to a lot of folks. Small children tend to do that a lot. They do it when they are out of control of a situation and can think of nothing else to do. Just another example of your not superior intellect. anonymous, finish school, just finish school. When you graduate you can find something to do besides quote scripture and kiss Feds backside.
The two of you claim you are Christians... but neither of you have any idea what that means, obviously.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15913 Dec 9, 2012
As usual you are WRONG AGAIN! I have said I am not perfect, I can't speak for Nijoni, only myself. The fact is people like you and those dumb enough to follow you do get on my nerves a little, when that happens I am not always very nice. So false prophet make your assumptions, tell your lies, and lead your little band of followers to hell.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#15914 Dec 9, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Defiant looks like NRH is on hiatus.Kinda miss that republican.He made some good points.
NRH probably realizes that the whole Republican vs. Democrat thing has evolved into a total farce meant to keep everyone distracted from the real deal.

The latest dog and pony show called "The Fiscal Cliff" is a total joke. They aim to tax all of us. Obozo braying about taxing the rich is nothing more than an excuse to raise taxes to start with. The Republicans will go along by fighting against it and taxes for all will hit us. Then everyone can point fingers at each other while Uncle Scam continues to rip us all off and the
economy takes a nose dive.

Our government is run by corporations and our elected officials are their puppets. While everyone is fighting over politics and ideology, the worlds
richest elite will be getting even more rich and laughing at us serfs.

The freetards who think that they are the ones who got Obummer re-elected would be surprised to learn that he didn't need their vote.

http://blackboxvoting.org/

www.HeavyFed.com

#15915 Dec 9, 2012
Texan wrote:
As usual you are WRONG AGAIN! I have said I am not perfect, I can't speak for Nijoni, only myself. The fact is people like you and those dumb enough to follow you do get on my nerves a little, when that happens I am not always very nice. So false prophet make your assumptions, tell your lies, and lead your little band of followers to hell.
Hmmm... I said you had no idea what being a Christian meant... then you went and proved it.

A Christian does not wish people to Hell, but saves them from it.

A Christian does not speak for themselves... but for God.

When something irritates or angers you... it's just uncovering your personal flaws for you to work on.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15916 Dec 9, 2012
I didn't WISH anyone to hell, and I can't save anyone who is dumb enough to follow you. As to speaking for God when dealing with you; waste of time since you have told me repeatedly that my information source The Bible is a book of man not The Word of God. As to personal flaws, unlike you I readily admit that I have them, also unlike you being a false prophet isn't one of my flaws O false one.

www.HeavyFed.com

#15917 Dec 9, 2012
Texan wrote:
I didn't WISH anyone to hell, and I can't save anyone who is dumb enough to follow you. As to speaking for God when dealing with you; waste of time since you have told me repeatedly that my information source The Bible is a book of man not The Word of God. As to personal flaws, unlike you I readily admit that I have them, also unlike you being a false prophet isn't one of my flaws O false one.
Your MAJOR malfunction... is you believe the Bible is the word of God... but yet you have not taken the time to read it completely.

Does that sound like a smart thing to do... for someone like you... who professes to be a Christian?

So quick to label someone else as wrong... yet YOU have not even read the rule book yet.

Shame.

www.HeavyFed.com

#15918 Dec 9, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
NRH probably realizes that the whole Republican vs. Democrat thing has evolved into a total farce meant to keep everyone distracted from the real deal.
The latest dog and pony show called "The Fiscal Cliff" is a total joke. They aim to tax all of us. Obozo braying about taxing the rich is nothing more than an excuse to raise taxes to start with. The Republicans will go along by fighting against it and taxes for all will hit us. Then everyone can point fingers at each other while Uncle Scam continues to rip us all off and the
economy takes a nose dive.
Our government is run by corporations and our elected officials are their puppets. While everyone is fighting over politics and ideology, the worlds
richest elite will be getting even more rich and laughing at us serfs.
The freetards who think that they are the ones who got Obummer re-elected would be surprised to learn that he didn't need their vote.
http://blackboxvoting.org/
I think it's probably too late to save our country... Obama's re-election proved that.

We're getting very close to an,"Every man for himself" situation.

I think that is their objective anyway... for the United States to self implode.

The number one resistor to a NWO... is the American people.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#15919 Dec 9, 2012
Damn! Fed you almost got something correct, almost, but you are still a false prophet.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#15920 Dec 9, 2012
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... I said you had no idea what being a Christian meant... then you went and proved it.
A Christian does not wish people to Hell, but saves them from it.
A Christian does not speak for themselves... but for God.
When something irritates or angers you... it's just uncovering your personal flaws for you to work on.
This is your Scripture?? LOL

A Christian tells the truth. You may not want that, but that is what a "Christian" does.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#15921 Dec 9, 2012
Christians have the ability to save now according to your gospel. What book of mecca did you pull these from? Your Head of insanity? Satan sure lies thru you.

www.HeavyFed.com

#15922 Dec 9, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
Christians have the ability to save now according to your gospel. What book of mecca did you pull these from? Your Head of insanity? Satan sure lies thru you.
You save someone from Hell by bringing them to God.

Tell me, Texan... do you put on a wig and wear make-up when you post as Nijoni?
anonymous

Arlington, TX

#15923 Dec 9, 2012
Texan wrote:
Fed does admit that he has them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving back to texas, but where? Oct 5 sweettexasred 5
johnny hernandez (Jan '13) Sep 30 Nikki 5
Terrace Place Sep 29 bradfarm 1
Texas Parole (Dec '13) Sep 23 elliots best friend 5
Bring Allie Home! Reward! $500 Sep 21 Team Allie 1
Little River-Academy looking for police chief y... Sep '14 curious58 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Gasman 673
Temple Dating
Find my Match

Temple Jobs