Suicide at Hughes Unit

Posted in the Temple Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RIP

Sabinal, TX

#1 Dec 5, 2009
The Alfred D. Hughes Unit lost one of their own last night.
Remembering COV Rudy Arguijo.
I will forever wonder if we could have helped him, or if we missed the signs..
An officer who loved his job, and was always right there when you needed him.
Rest In Peace Officer Arguijo,
You are sorely missed by the Hughes Unit.
Prayers and thoughts go out to the staff and family of the officer who took his life in the ad-seg picket of the Hughes Unit last night. Hope the officers that tried to break the door down to rescue him recover from their injuries physically and mentally.
Chris

Killeen, TX

#2 Dec 7, 2009
He was a very nice man. Prayers go out to his family, especially his son and daughter. Crhis
NotSorry

Belton, TX

#4 Dec 21, 2009
Kim wrote:
This man had no right to commit suicide at the prison! This was a cowards act and he had no right to do it where all these men could see it! Pisses me off!!!
Not sorry at all for the inmates. why are they in the slammer in the first place?
NotSorry

Belton, TX

#6 Dec 27, 2009
Kim wrote:
I bet you are one of the cowardly guards who works there aren't you?
Yep I am scared. I don't want to interrupt them at all when they stay playing drop the soap..... gets pretty darn nasty....
haley

Blanco, TX

#8 Apr 15, 2010
who ever this kim is.is rong because my dad was the best person in the world.by the way kim if you were a good person you wouldent of said that.your a brat kim.p.s this is his dauter.
Chris

Killeen, TX

#9 Apr 15, 2010
Your are so right Haley. I met your dad, and he was a very nice person. He loved you and your brother very, very much. He talked about you all the time. I hate that you had to read such comments on this board. You cannot and should not deal with the ignorance of that person. Chris
Chris

Killeen, TX

#10 Apr 15, 2010
Plus, he never killed anyone, nor was there domestic violence!!!!Please do not print something, that you have no idea what you are talking about.
haley

Blanco, TX

#11 Apr 16, 2010
Chris wrote:
Your are so right Haley. I met your dad, and he was a very nice person. He loved you and your brother very, very much. He talked about you all the time. I hate that you had to read such comments on this board. You cannot and should not deal with the ignorance of that person. Chris
thank you !
Chris

Killeen, TX

#12 Apr 16, 2010
you are very welcome Haley.
Angel

United States

#14 Nov 23, 2010
little girl i am sorry you had to deal with a father that was so selfish that he took his own life but also on the other hand to say a man dont have no rights just because he is in a prison is not right neither .... to the GAURD that posted about the inmates .. i hope that one day you spend time on the other side of them cell walls and lets see if your opinion changes ... Kim i agree with you and for any person to take their own life ment they was not a good person BUT they was VERY sick and needed some help and should not been in a place where they got to control inmates ( human being )ohh and to (NotSorry) im sure your not your just jealios you had to become a prison gaurd an not a REAL officer !!! its not our faught you wasnt good enough to make it on a REAL force ... you gotta run your mouth about men already behind bars cause on the street you would probley take your own life too ..( jerk )
COIII Risley-Hughes Unit

Eutawville, SC

#15 Mar 4, 2011
To his daughter-I worked with your father and he was a good man who never mis-treated the offenders. He was a good person who i miss working with. I used to be on shift with him but was not there and that tragic night, but heard about it soon after. For people to come on here and talk bad about him have no right and im sure they have problems just the same as he did and as every one else does. He is and will forever be missed. RIP Rudy Arguijo.
pete

United States

#16 Mar 6, 2011
I remember when Phillip Ziggler the ex District judge of Coryell County. Took a line of Cocaine with Buddy Cuvaz at the country club.
Haley

United States

#17 Jun 1, 2011
My dad was amazing and your telling me that he wasn't a good man. Your the person that has a bad heart!
Beejay

Glen Rose, TX

#18 Jul 26, 2011
My brother is an inmate at Hughes and he has been incarserated for 18 years and has spent several now at Hughes. He says this guard was one of the decent one thats worked there.. Noone is perfect and even the really great make bad mistakes.. I feel for you and know that everything happens for a reason. Hang tight honey, everything will be ok..
lonesome

Laredo, TX

#19 Aug 26, 2011
its sad this man did that to his love ones may the lord bless you . but alot of you dont know that the men that work and yhe men in ad-seg have one thing that incommon they are all humans.maybe this man was a good guy only he knew what he was going thru.it seems to me that everyone doesnt know much about ad-seg! between 02&06 there was about20 suisides how about their loveones no one thinks about them because they are doing time .lord jesus says he who is without sin come forward and no one did .what i am saying is many of them men in ad - seg should not be there if you put any human in a cage for more than 3 years i promise that person will not be the same . they take everything away from you and that there is why i feel for the inmates hopefully no one ever finds out 1st hand how true this is my prayer may the good lord bless every one involved in a situation like this one
haley

Marble Falls, TX

#20 Nov 16, 2011
Beejay wrote:
My brother is an inmate at Hughes and he has been incarserated for 18 years and has spent several now at Hughes. He says this guard was one of the decent one thats worked there.. Noone is perfect and even the really great make bad mistakes.. I feel for you and know that everything happens for a reason. Hang tight honey, everything will be ok..
thankyou beejay
haley A

Marble Falls, TX

#21 Nov 30, 2011
I hate that Kim Chick!
another co

Richmond, TX

#22 Dec 3, 2011
I was there when it happened and i worked with rudy for 5 years...good man, great officer...he will be missed...your dad cared about you and always talked about his kids..you should be proud
Haley Arguijo

Marble Falls, TX

#23 Mar 3, 2012
Chris wrote:
Plus, he never killed anyone, nor was there domestic violence!!!!Please do not print something, that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Thank you Chris! amen!!
haley A

Marble Falls, TX

#24 Mar 28, 2012
another co wrote:
I was there when it happened and i worked with rudy for 5 years...good man, great officer...he will be missed...your dad cared about you and always talked about his kids..you should be proud
Thank you and I am proud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mayor race (Apr '13) Jun 18 Ice Cream Jones 2
Michael Meissner (Mar '09) Jun 18 Ice Cream Jones 140
News Little River-Academy Mayor Resigns As Judge Jun 18 Ice Cream Jones 1
News Little River-Academy looking for police chief y... (Sep '14) Jun 18 Ice Cream Jones 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
clear vision Jun 4 engm 1
News Temple woman masters china painting (Jul '08) Jun 1 Daughter 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Temple Mortgages