Man arrested for a oerudely displayin...

Man arrested for a oerudely displaying riflea in front of son reveals his story

There are 6 comments on the Glenn Beck story from Apr 17, 2013, titled Man arrested for a oerudely displaying riflea in front of son reveals his story. In it, Glenn Beck reports that:

Today, TheBlaze posted the story of a Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham, who was arrested after being accused of "rudely displaying" his gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glenn Beck.

James Atchison

Bossier City, LA

#1 Apr 18, 2013
The police officer that arrested the army MSGT should be fired. He was rude and completely mishandled the situation. He violated the MSGT Constitutional Rights which he has fought to protect. No police department needs clowns like this in their department. I am not anti-police, my daughter-in-law is a serving police officer.
r ritter

Waco, TX

#2 Apr 18, 2013
temple pd, u screwed the pooch on this one,, instead of trying to trump up a charge to CYA, do the right thing and fix this. it is not acceptable police behavior. i will contribute to his fund to help him sue you. fire or discipline these officers and above all educate them to protect and serve correctly, not harass and arrest. pure crap. you dont make the laws and are not above it. you can be a cop and a criminal at the same time.. no more respect and support for you 'till the attitude changes...

Franklin, PA

#3 Apr 18, 2013
I just watched the video of Temple, TX P.D. disarming a veteran/civilian without just cause. This piss poor excuse for a police officer should be fired and the idiot Sgt. should be demoted and retrained. I will never step foot in Temple Texas as long as these morons are allowed to call themselves cops, and claim that they are above the law.
David Henshaw

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Apr 18, 2013
I saw the video of the MSGT that was treated like a dirtbag for no reason. This made me sick. As a Retired Law Enforcement Officer with over 30 years service I have never seen such a shameful display of Police abuse of a citizen who was just out with his son. The Officer that went hands on was in the wrong and he knew he was wrong the Sgt. that was there also knew the Officer had overstepped his authouity but did nothing to fix the situtation. If this man was charged with anything I hope he sues and ends up owning your Department. And if what I heard from the Glenn Beck show is true and the mans son was questioned with out a parent present your Department has just stepped into another big wet cowpie. As a Police Officer we have to be above question when dealing with the public. And what kind of a charge is Rudely displaying his gun? This is just another case that makes the general public think that we "Police Officers are a bunch of jerks". The Officer should be fired and the Sgt. sent back to the Academy to learn the law...
David Henshaw
Retired Law Enforcement Officer
Former TI Engineer

Wichita, KS

#5 Apr 18, 2013
The video popped-up on my youtube suggestion list and it floored me! In the past hour I've read the other news stories and have contributed to Grisham's legal defense fund.

I lived in Temple over 30 years ago. There was an incident in town that I remember in the news where a thief grabbed a womans purse, a man driving by in a pickup truck saw the incident, took the gun from his truck rifle rack, chased the robber down, and held him until police arrived. The police thanked the man for his capture of the crook.

Now they arrest people for walking a rural road with a gun? When do they start arresting deer hunters? Texas needs to disown Temple and ship it to a northeast liberal state.

Warrensburg, MO

#6 Apr 22, 2013
A cop in a town , verses a combat decorated vet . Who does this cop and sgt. owe for their freedom , have they served in military , I doubt it , as they wouldnt have acted like jackasses . I hope the cops involved , lawyers , and judge pays dearly from a law suit . Delaying this mans rights and returning his guns will only make matters worse . It wouldnt take many Military vet to take over the police dept and throw them all in jail . As a Viet-nam / Desert Storm Vet , This injustice has pissed me off . Give a dumbie a gun and a badge and he thinks he is the law

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gatesville Prison (Jan '09) Oct 19 isis1690 45
a guy named juan with Crystal from Wendys (May '12) Oct 18 Oscar 6
Why is Salado going down hill? (Jul '15) Oct 18 PAUL S 11
News TxDOT investigates Belton construction company (Sep '15) Sep '16 Betty 2
News Where is Kara Kopetsky? (Jun '07) Sep '16 Concerned Citizen 167
who my women Sep '16 need too know 1
Damian Nunley Aug '16 FlashGod 1

Temple Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance