Soldiers Suidide: Fort Hood Soldiers: Four Soldiers at Fort Hood Ar...

Four soldiers from the Fort Hood Army base in Texas - all decorated veterans from the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan - died in the past week, a Fort Hood spokesman said Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
sundancer

Elyria, OH

#1 Sep 29, 2010
How many of these fine soldiers where "treated" by this maniac Hasan??!!
cleveland chris

Brunswick, OH

#2 Sep 29, 2010
serial killer on the loose...someones watching too much dexter
mapleman

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 29, 2010
I mean you are separated from your family for 18 months for useless wars, come home, and are shipped right back out. It's amazing more people aren't eating their guns.
SICK AND TIRED

Waco, TX

#4 Sep 29, 2010
Are all these soldiers getting Mental Health Screenings,(?) when they return from these areas of conflict (Congress doesn't recognize them as wars-- maybe they need Mental Health Screening too.). It should be an automatic standard being done for all soldiers returning back home, just like they always have a debriefing. If this is not happening, why not? Our Police Officers have to after a shooting, why not our soldiers?
lolo

United States

#5 Sep 29, 2010
SICK AND TIRED wrote:
Are all these soldiers getting Mental Health Screenings,(?) when they return from these areas of conflict (Congress doesn't recognize them as wars-- maybe they need Mental Health Screening too.). It should be an automatic standard being done for all soldiers returning back home, just like they always have a debriefing. If this is not happening, why not? Our Police Officers have to after a shooting, why not our soldiers?
there was an article recently about this, they may get an eval, but they also get shipped into psych units where they sit around all day doped up on antidepressants that haven't been accurately picked for them and have nothing to do to help further along their treatment. Other places they ask for help and they don't get it. I'm not sure if Hood was specifically mentioned in the article I read or not, i'm not good at remembering names. Also, a larger base may be farely impersonal which may exacerbate the problems. God bless them and their families and hope we find a solution for this. These soldiers definitely deserve all the help we can give them.
Matthew

Korea

#6 Sep 30, 2010
What a great introduction to my next duty station. Sounds like this place really frickin' sucks.
Matthew

Korea

#7 Sep 30, 2010
To answer your question Sick and Tired: The Army doesn't give two ----- about us, niether does the nation, nor the President or certain higher levels of command. Join up and you'll see. Imagine spending days trying to capture a high value target responsible for killing your brothers, in the process of catching this guy you watch your brothers die, when you catch this target you're ordered to release him. No reason what so ever, just release him. Why!?!? He's responsible for the death of my brothers!!! It doesn't matter why. Or Imagine an ANA officer shoot up a flare while you're on patrol giving away your position and in an instant you're taking RPG fire. You turn this guy in; he spends 10 days in jail comes back out as an ANA commander. He was supposed to help you, he's supposed to be your friend, he gives your position away, tries to kill you and is rewarded by his corrupt government with a promotion. Imagine giving 20,000 tax payer dollars to an Afghani elder that's supporting the taliban; we know it, we just want his "friendship" yet all that money is used by the elder to pay off the taliban which in turn is used by the taliban to purchase weapons to annihlate my brothers. Imagine all this? Can you put yourself in our boots? Tax payer money being used by the government to slaughter us. The government investigates us more than they do the enemy. If we do something wrong, investigators will work day and night to catch us doing something wrong like ending a mad man's slaughter by simply killing him rather than turn him over to the Afghani's so that they can pin some rank on him for killing us. The government will exhaust resources trying to catch us but when it comes to investigating the corruption of the ANA and Afghani government, well who gives a crap??? Soldiers are expendable. Understand one thing: On the field of battle you only have your brothers, everyone else is your enemy, there and at home.
Matthew

Korea

#8 Sep 30, 2010
I wonder if this is murder..
Jayar

Bronx, NY

#9 Sep 30, 2010
Four Suicides in a Week Take a Toll on Fort Hood

Four Suicides in a Week Take a Toll on Fort Hood
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/us/30hood.h...

Since: Sep 10

Centerburg, OH

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Thats so sad that they only way they can find relief from all they have seen or done is to take their own life.They need to find a way to help the military people out after coming back from serving a tour like they have...theres got to be some way to help them understand they arent alone.
mapleman

Cleveland, OH

#11 Sep 30, 2010
Matthew wrote:
To answer your question Sick and Tired: The Army doesn't give two ----- about us, niether does the nation, nor the President or certain higher levels of command. Join up and you'll see. Imagine spending days trying to capture a high value target responsible for killing your brothers, in the process of catching this guy you watch your brothers die, when you catch this target you're ordered to release him. No reason what so ever, just release him. Why!?!? He's responsible for the death of my brothers!!! It doesn't matter why. Or Imagine an ANA officer shoot up a flare while you're on patrol giving away your position and in an instant you're taking RPG fire. You turn this guy in; he spends 10 days in jail comes back out as an ANA commander. He was supposed to help you, he's supposed to be your friend, he gives your position away, tries to kill you and is rewarded by his corrupt government with a promotion. Imagine giving 20,000 tax payer dollars to an Afghani elder that's supporting the taliban; we know it, we just want his "friendship" yet all that money is used by the elder to pay off the taliban which in turn is used by the taliban to purchase weapons to annihlate my brothers. Imagine all this? Can you put yourself in our boots? Tax payer money being used by the government to slaughter us. The government investigates us more than they do the enemy. If we do something wrong, investigators will work day and night to catch us doing something wrong like ending a mad man's slaughter by simply killing him rather than turn him over to the Afghani's so that they can pin some rank on him for killing us. The government will exhaust resources trying to catch us but when it comes to investigating the corruption of the ANA and Afghani government, well who gives a crap??? Soldiers are expendable. Understand one thing: On the field of battle you only have your brothers, everyone else is your enemy, there and at home.
This government is so full of shat it isn't even funny. The VA hospitals are a running joke. The way they treat vets is sickening. All while they say how important soldiers are.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Sep 30, 2010
Matthew wrote:
God Bless you and THANK YOU for your service.
Carmen

El Paso, TX

#13 Sep 30, 2010
SICK AND TIRED wrote:
My husband returned home from Iraq about a month ago, and metal health screenings are absolutely a part of reintegration. The problem is that it is very easy for them to lie about their feelings, and honestly if they don't want help they don't have to get it. In our experience they are programed to think that admitting they have a problem is a bad thing and if they admit something might be wrong, in turn it could possible jeapordize their career even though it is supposed to be confiential. There are a lot of little things that go on in the Military that civilians don't realize and its really sad and a shame that these men and women don't feel comfortable really admitting they need help.
Carmella Puccio

Clinton, SC

#14 Sep 30, 2010
SICK AND TIRED wrote:
I agree one hundred percent, they offer it to the soliders, and it should be a requirement not a choose. Our Soliders are experiencing horiffic conflict and they need intervention through therapy when they come home.
Paul Bryant

Plymouth, IN

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Retired Army, veteran WW II and Korean (forgotten) Wars. What is so surprising about some of these; how many times can you send men
into combat in a few years time? A former son-in-law that served two tours in three years in Afghanstan with Special Services divorced my daughter because he was afraid for his wife and children
because of things he had done and seen as a member of the Special
Forces.
Paul Bryant

Plymouth, IN

#16 Oct 1, 2010
Should have read Forces instead of Services.
Socialworker508

Sierra Vista, AZ

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Oh for the love of Cain and all that is holy CNN please contact me for the real truth behind the mental health and the practices of military bases, or lack there of, I was a social worker who worked with families on Fort Hood in 2008. I am also married, if the process of not being) to a service member. He deployed from Fort Hood to Iraq for one year and returned to Fort Hood after one year only to three days after planting his feet on US soil to witness the shootings. At the time I was on the East coast and had some very serious concerns about his mental health due to erratic behaviors and odd conversations. I Called Hood, spoke with an alleged mental health person explained that I was a social worker as well as a wife and explained my concerns , quoted the DSMIV, and ran down his behaviors. I asked that he be evaluated by a mental health professional preferably civilian prior to him taking his 30 day leave. They forwarded the info to his CO, they breeched my confidentially by telling him I called. Their intervention was to have his CO who was a CHILD ask him “Are you Crazy” naturally he stated no. Well three days after he came back to the east coast he was arrested for domestic violence and viciously cutting a chunk of my very long dark hair. Fort Hood is a JOKE! Their mental health system is a JOKE and the truth needs to come out. A vast majority of the commanders don’t believe in metal health or the notions of PTSD. In working with families that had concerns, a service member have to voluntarily be assessed………this is a travesty!
Ni Tan Locos

Alto, NM

#18 Oct 1, 2010
Matthew wrote:
You didn't know this before you enlisted???? Where were you for the first 20 years of your life???
Ni Tan Locos

Alto, NM

#19 Oct 1, 2010
YEAH, DISAGREE ALL YOU WANT.... THE TRUTH HURTS DOESN'T IT?
TruthorConsequen ces

Paso Robles, CA

#20 Oct 1, 2010
How about U S Army Recruiting Command (USAREC)? Google army recruiter suicides. Even Army Recruiters are sick of the BS. Whoever said it above said it best - the American public doesn't know so they can't get it - nobody cares. You have to make them care by publicizing the names of the Generals. All the way up that chain of command, starting with the name of the first line supervisor - probably an NCO. Oh well? Then the CSM, then the CO, keep going all the weay up to their 4 Star. They are supposed to be taking care of the soldiers - your brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, grandchildren, etc. You pay their salaries. Hold them accountable for once - publicize their names - you are also paying their big salaries while civilian families are unemployed and you will be paying for their nice retirements. Don't just get mad and sickened by it - do something different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Shot By Local Police Officer Dies (Dec '11) Dec 21 smh 21
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Please Help Dec 6 Concerned Citizen 1
Review: SAF-U-LOK Storage Dec 2 jdmangum 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Christmas gift Nov '14 Karen 1
Gatesville Prison (Jan '09) Nov '14 Karen 41
Temple Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Temple People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Temple News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Temple

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News