Lake Erie Community Park

Posted in the Temple Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Lake Erie Community

West Chester, OH

#1 Jul 24, 2008
I would like to make a statement. That I personally feel that this park is an asset of the three community of Girard borough, Lake City borough and the property owner Girard twp. I wish the three governments would come together and work for the common good of their citizen. It has been my understanding the park property was given to 5 communities and the three above, as been the supporter of the park all these years. It is time that Girard twp quick being the big bully and start working with the other two boroughs.
It time the Girard twp take the lead in this matter because for any future project they will have the other two boroughs would be willing work with them. This is a great time to get the two boroughs to come together on a joint venture and make plans on the community park. I would highly recommend to the three governments to totally replace the board at the community park. Replace them with one electoral official and two citizen of their community. Totally replace the rules of the park and location of trailers and really make a better impact on our community. This is not Girard twp asset but all three communities asset if has an impact on all three governments. It is time NOW. To start working together for the betterment of the communities citizens.
lisa

West Chester, OH

#2 Jul 24, 2008
i totally agree with Lake Erie Community. you are right that the three goverments need to work together on this and other issue. only one sad issue we have here in lake city please do not ask lynn ask a councilperson to help since our borough manger like to work 30 hrs and get paid for 40 and i would say dear she has no time while she is sun tanning or getting her coffee. but i am sure that there are council people who would love to work with other governments officials
edgie

Erie, PA

#3 Jul 24, 2008
humm - 2 Cincinnati, Ohio posts, must live next to each other.
lisa

West Chester, OH

#4 Jul 24, 2008
edgie
yours is united states post hmmmm where are you from. i live in lake city dear. i know about the lake erie community park issue and also about the borough manager issue. what do you know i care about our town. what borough manager and council did was wrong to our town! council should have fired her out right instead of trying to give her a job that she didn't deserve.
mike

West Chester, OH

#5 Jul 24, 2008
when girard township own the elk creek property before they sold it D C R the first year they really did a good job keeping it looking nice and maintain. but as years of ownership it also went down the drain. spending their own taxes dollars to keep up a park. well the sad true about this they have great plans and seem to dream bigger than they should. they mean well but it a few years like at elk creek did it too will go to the drain and get flush out and sold. this is no a good sign for girard township track record because it has not been good for them. it would be better if they include the two boroughs and run it as a joint vendure. the three communities can and should work together on many issue together. it bring more tax dollars in our area. the state look at things where more than two communties working together for the common good of their citizens. so lets work together folks
Lake City Resident

Edinboro, PA

#6 Jul 24, 2008
Community Park is run by the Board comprised of members from the two boroughs and township. The park brings in revenue to local businesses and the communities. The township should just stay out of it and leave it as it is!
walt

West Chester, OH

#7 Jul 24, 2008
Community Park has been a pleasure to go to and visit I have had parties in the pavilion and my guest has all ways have comment on the beauty of the lake and the park. The only down side of this has been the upkeep of the homes. Kind of looking like a shantytown appearance. I personally feel this is the fault of park board not having control of their groundkeeper. I have seen him driving going to restaurants for breakfast and getting coffee throughout the day gossip and having a grand old time not doing his job. So Walt Crosby what do you have to say for your lack of interest in our beautiful park. Why are the restrooms doors are close and lock for since this is a community park? Why is it you are never around the park doing work and talking to people promoting the park as an asset of the community instead for your friends on the board? Like Harry and few others. Why is it you allow the park looking like a shantytown. Don’t you have pride in your work Walt or is it you are so busy finding ways to keep out of work. Who ever started this post has done a service to our communities and I want to thank you for doing it. It is time to say to the three communities who has anything to do with this park to change the board and go after Walt. This park is for us a citizen and we demand Girard Borough, Lake City Borough and Girard Township to make changes. The rules need to be change like the other person post stated and enforce. But the campers are most welcome and need to live with new changes but I feel like the other poster stated that all the governments needs to work together for better things for our communities. My parents used to have a tent in the park when I was growing up and it was a fine park then with rules. I have seen this park going down hill for many years now. Since Walt Crosby been working there. So Walt what do you have to say about this.
billie

West Chester, OH

#8 Jul 24, 2008
To Girard Township residents! My hat off and a bow to your supervision of your township. Thank you for doing what you have done for the community park. With your leadership going after Walt and the community board and cleaning up the community park!
It would be for the best of everyone interest if you folks took few steps back and review your ideas.
1st it is time to ask the two borough to work with you and bring changes for the betterment of the citizen of the area! In doing so you three can bring more money into our area for jobs, economic growth, and recreation growth!
2nd we need to keep the park the way it is as a campsite. But we need a new board and a new groundkeeper. With new guideline rules and enforcement of the rules.
The park as long been an great place to visit and enjoy the beauty it can offered, but
Walt has allow it to run down and you have taken steps to bring it up to the standards we wish it for to be. I visit it last week and I have seen the new improvement that been done and I will admit there still some work need to be done. Regardless the improvement I have seen is still the best we can hope for. I lived on old Albion road and I seldom drive over that area. But last week drive, it did bring some memory back for when I was a child we used to camp there and had a great time there. It was enjoyable time in my life. This park as always been a place where you did camping and tenting I would hate to see it any other way.
Dr Steve

Youngstown, OH

#9 Jul 24, 2008
the camp isn't that bad but isn't being maintained the way it should the grass doesn't get taken care of there have been epa and dep issues with the bluff but it does bring revenue to the borough the people of the council need to wake up its the 21st century maybe someday i will run for office and make the many changes needed but there lies the fact that so many just elect the same members over and over our government needs to change with the times girard and lake city are a beautiful place i grew up in both areas the answer to all things is like there dumb people tax pay a tax to live in the towns boy how inconvenient organized crew but legal isn't it a shame that tax payers are the ones whom always suffer by the hands of a few whom fear change and fail to listen to people whom pay taxes as far as posts here you may be from the area but it posts some other place its a time warner thing
james

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2008
edgie wrote:
humm - 2 Cincinnati, Ohio posts, must live next to each other.
it doesnt matter what shows up where we are posting from, sometimes it is just a default. i am not in waterford and it shows that.
james

United States

#11 Jul 24, 2008
Lake City Resident wrote:
Community Park is run by the Board comprised of members from the two boroughs and township. The park brings in revenue to local businesses and the communities. The township should just stay out of it and leave it as it is!
wow look, it is becker herself posting..we are watching you becker.......
Leesa

United States

#12 Jul 24, 2008
Lake City Resident wrote:
saw you tanning during working hours this week becker
edgie

Erie, PA

#13 Jul 24, 2008
wow, there is love in the air for the lady
eddie

West Chester, OH

#14 Jul 24, 2008
edgie wrote:
wow, there is love in the air for the lady
who the lady you are talking about becker hahahahahahahaha you make me sick hahahahah
spike

West Chester, OH

#15 Jul 24, 2008
I have been reading the topics on this post and it seem to me that the few citizen. Support the Girard Township for getting the community park clean up. They also feel that they are getting out of control. I have to agree with them. Their decision are going to hurt Girard and Lake City Borough. It does appear Girard Township needs to take a few steps back! Ask the two Boroughs to come on line with them and make good decision for the community park. This is communities’ asset and not just Girard Township. This property was intended to belong to 5 communities not just one. It times that Girard Township revisits their action and include the two boroughs in their ventures. Like other folks has stated here. The community park board needs overhaul and Walt needs to be let go. We honestly need to really look at our situation in this area. What can the governments in this area can offer. We need a save-a-lot or grocery store, we need company to open their company here in this area. We need to capitalized on recreational events and promote this area better using Girard and Lake City chamber of comm. But it takes real leadership to do this. I honestly do not feel we are lacking in this area from any of the three governments except leadership. We need someone to take the lead regardless who it is from Girard, Lake City Boroughs or Girard Township some one please take the leadership role and start working together bring new things here in this area and start working together for good of your citizens.
eddie

West Chester, OH

#16 Jul 24, 2008
since becker and walt are the same kind of people maybe they need a long vaction together. so please take a long walk off a short peir and go away together
fred

United States

#17 Jul 24, 2008
spike wrote:
I have been reading the topics on this post and it seem to me that the few citizen. Support the Girard Township for getting the community park clean up. They also feel that they are getting out of control. I have to agree with them. Their decision are going to hurt Girard and Lake City Borough. It does appear Girard Township needs to take a few steps back! Ask the two Boroughs to come on line with them and make good decision for the community park. This is communities’ asset and not just Girard Township. This property was intended to belong to 5 communities not just one. It times that Girard Township revisits their action and include the two boroughs in their ventures. Like other folks has stated here. The community park board needs overhaul and Walt needs to be let go. We honestly need to really look at our situation in this area. What can the governments in this area can offer. We need a save-a-lot or grocery store, we need company to open their company here in this area. We need to capitalized on recreational events and promote this area better using Girard and Lake City chamber of comm. But it takes real leadership to do this. I honestly do not feel we are lacking in this area from any of the three governments except leadership. We need someone to take the lead regardless who it is from Girard, Lake City Boroughs or Girard Township some one please take the leadership role and start working together bring new things here in this area and start working together for good of your citizens.
didnt you hear? save a lot wanted to come to lake city, but becker didnt do her job and lost them! they wont come back. nice job becker.
fred

United States

#18 Jul 24, 2008
the problem is LC has a borough manager that doesnt do her job. if you look at other cities and the responsibilites that the managers have, you willsoon see that they actually do their job and that our manage is a big joke! so many things couldve been accomplished if we had a real manager. one who gets us grants we need, and really works for our town. not acting unprofessional in public and in meetings and being down right obscene. mangers of big cities do not go tanning and hang around coffee shops during working hours, they do something becker knows nothing about, they WORK! and they dont have their fake friends starting trouble for them. those managers actually have several college degrees and do not act in childish ways concerning important issues. at meetings those managers dont have their crazy friends yell and scream and act out in ways that the police have to lead them out the door! when we get rid of becker, we can concentrate on using that wasted over $60,000. a year on better things for our town. we didnt have a manager before her and we dont need her now.
pam

West Chester, OH

#19 Jul 24, 2008
The community park board needs to say goodbye to Walt. You folks on the board need to get Girard and Lake City Borough and Girard Township to sit down with you and try to work out agreement to solve this problem. The community park as been used as a camp and tent site for many years. It would be ashamed that this is being done out of spite. It time to solved the difference in this matter. Working together will show a good sprit that a group of people can set the difference a side for the common good of the citizen of this area. Government official, you all have sworn an oath pledge to serve your community! We are holding you to this. It is time to work for all three communities not just one. I have read the other comment and I do agree with most what being said. The thing I am so upset is how one man (Walt) has upset so many people and he seem doesn’t care about it.
What I had seen him to do in Lake City council tearing up a group of council people. My understanding he also had done this in Girard Township meeting also. I just hope the two governments do not hold this against the camper in the park. We need to solve this problem and keep the camper and tent sites. Please work out your problems. Community park board you need to make changes and I hope you are willing to do so.

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#20 Jul 24, 2008
Stopped by the park for the first time a few days ago....wanted to check it out as a possible camping location (trailer) not too far from home. Was sorry to see that it is more like a trailer park than a campgrounds. It has tremendous potential with the view from the bluff over the lake. We often go to Lake Erie State Park in New York; but if you want to be on the bluff (best view); you need to reserve a spot months in advance. This park could be all of that and more. Don't know if anyone has the will or energy to create such a first class campgrounds here....too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comrade Trump 56 min El Lardo del Chri... 4
Best Place To Work, Live & Play is Erie, PA! 1 hr Erie Optimist Club 1
News Sanders' defense: Erie jurors tainted 1 hr Erie Dem Committe... 9
Trump's Communist wife 2 hr tim leary 3
News Your guide to legends and ghost tales around Er... (Oct '10) 4 hr Andrew orris 3
Mercyhurst Girls Loophole 4 hr Honeygrippers 1
Bob Ferrando out does himself 5 hr Erie Guy 9

Temple Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Temple Mortgages