Need to hire Replacement Asst. School...

Need to hire Replacement Asst. School Directors in Erie SD?

Posted in the Temple Forum

Revolution Coming

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Please NO. After the Barker era, years of overstaffing, terrible education results, illustrious School Directors including McCreary, Horton, Petrunger and most of all the 100% increase in Erie School District Taxes, and more coming after recent reassessment, they have to be FUCKING KIDDING. How could they possibly justify this, the 2 replacements will probably cost over $300,000. Why can't one, or OK 2 of the existing School Principals assume these responsibilities? Oh yes and we get to pay the sky high pensions of the outgoing Assistants. Come on Man. Time to attend meetings and REVOLT.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2013
You don't need to revolt. Just get involved.
Nasty

Erie, PA

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Orange Space Monkey wrote:
You don't need to revolt. Just get involved.
Erie citizens won't do a thing except complain to one another. Involved ? Come on, that takes effort ! No,it's best to just let stuff happen and keep tightening that old belt. As long as everything and everyone slides down with you there's no reason to change.

The Erie mind.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>Erie citizens won't do a thing except complain to one another. Involved ? Come on, that takes effort ! No,it's best to just let stuff happen and keep tightening that old belt. As long as everything and everyone slides down with you there's no reason to change.

The Erie mind.
That's unfortunate. And disappointing.
Taxpayer

Erie, PA

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Revolution Coming wrote:
Please NO. After the Barker era, years of overstaffing, terrible education results, illustrious School Directors including McCreary, Horton, Petrunger and most of all the 100% increase in Erie School District Taxes, and more coming after recent reassessment, they have to be FUCKING KIDDING. How could they possibly justify this, the 2 replacements will probably cost over $300,000. Why can't one, or OK 2 of the existing School Principals assume these responsibilities? Oh yes and we get to pay the sky high pensions of the outgoing Assistants. Come on Man. Time to attend meetings and REVOLT.
Just to clarify, the two retiring employees (Moore and Schember) are assistant superintendents, who are paid, certificated educators. McCreary et al are members of the board of school directors, who are elected volunteers without requirements relative to educational knowledge or expertise. The two are completely different positions.
JMT

Erie, PA

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to clarify, the two retiring employees (Moore and Schember) are assistant superintendents.
Which begs the question: Why does a relatively small school district with only 12,000 students need TWO assistant superintendents?
Uh-Oh

Erie, PA

#7 Jan 29, 2013
The two asst. supers was a Jimmy B. thing. Just more waste...

Location hidden

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Erie citizens won't do a thing except complain to one another. Involved ? Come on, that takes effort ! No,it's best to just let stuff happen and keep tightening that old belt. As long as everything and everyone slides down with you there's no reason to change.
The Erie mind.
Thats true of Erie. Something like the No New McDowell thing would never have formed in the City of Erie. Dr. Barker went unchecked by the board and the taxpayer. But in my honest opinion it sounds like the audit that was the center piece at Monday's MTSD's meeting will be what stops that school, not NNM.

Everyone is worried about sticking out or being a trouble maker in the city. There is a different mindset in the city.
Jim Barker

Erie, PA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Uh-Oh wrote:
The two asst. supers was a Jimmy B. thing. Just more waste...
Hey don't look over there.... look over here..... it's the Collegiate Academy ! Did I mention the Collegiate Academy was my idea, did I, huh, did I ?

P.S. Thanks Erie taxpayers for the sweet deal. My retirement is great !
Very Funny

Cleveland, OH

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to clarify, the two retiring employees (Moore and Schember) are assistant superintendents, who are paid, certificated educators. McCreary et al are members of the board of school directors, who are elected volunteers without requirements relative to educational knowledge or expertise. The two are completely different positions.
These 2 "certified educators" are being paid to perform administrative work, so ABOLISH the positions. If there is some ESSENTIAL responsibility that they do have, TRANSFER it to someone else. What you and the rest of the card carrying teacher union parasites don't want to realize is that Erie School District CANNOT AFFORD the positions. And yes, unfortunately McCreary et al are elected volunteers who have fucked things up tremendously, again witness the 100% TAX INCREASE. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
Dave M

Canton, OH

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Who will be the next Assistant Super Int? Those two positions mentioned are only Assistant TO the Super Int!
Don Knotts

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jan 30, 2013
They should shelve those 2 positions. Can't afford them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yes wifey its true hes cheatin on u 30 min Seinfeld 2
Poor Me! 41 min white guy 12
Child predator Roy Moore loses Alabama Senate race 1 hr Walter 18
laughlin: fall down drunk in hburg 1 hr white guy 49
Jay Breneman's beard 1 hr Erie Dem Committe... 5
convicted PA politician gets massive pension 1 hr Erie Dem Committe... 14
Walnut Heights Fairview. 1 hr You are a moron 27

Temple Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance