Have you ever had a loved one who won the war on drugs?

Posted in the Temple Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of68
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
caring

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

My heart goes out to you!Bless you for sharing.You have inspired me.Your family must be proud!You are truely a strong person.I respect anyone who overcomes an addiction of such a strong drug as cocaine.To leave your family must have been a hard thing to do.But you over came all!!Bless you.I hope others benifit from reading your post.
Scarlett Kid

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

What are NA meetings and where can I go to find one for a family member?
been there

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Scarlett Kid wrote:
What are NA meetings and where can I go to find one for a family member?
NA is Narcotics Anonymous. There is a group in Rockmart, Cedartown, Cartersville, Rome, etc. You can ask most churches, hospitals, and rehab centers for their locations. You may even be able to inquire with DFCS. The meetings are completely voluntary. If your family member is willing I recommend a meeting every night, even if you have to drive to all the towns I mentioned. Remember that it is anonymous for a reason. I wish your family member much success and a hug for you for trying to help.

Good luck.
been there

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Honest wrote:
I am a drug addict. I fought tooth and nail to hold on to my addiction. I've been clean 58 days today. That may seem like nothing...but to me it's the world. I will ALWAYS have the disease of addiction and it will be something that I have to be aware of and proactive about for the rest of my life. I go to intensive outpatient classes to help me learn about my disease and I go to NA meetings to be around people who TRULY understand me. I feel for you and your family because I hate what I have done to my family. Thankfully they stood by me. That being said, no addict will truly start to recover until they want to for themselves. You can force detox, rehab, and even NA meetings...but the mind of an addict is very cunning. And even though we know what is 'right' or what we 'should' do...actually DOING those things are much easier said than done. And I thank GOD I got it. I wish you all the best.
65 days today my friend!! Stay strong!!
caring

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

My heart is filled with happiness tonight!To all the addicts out there,bless you for sharing.I feel that a lot of good will come from all of us sharing.It just proves that we are all human.We have all made mistakes in our lives,but something good can come from all the suffering.Bless you all.Be strong.Be well.Live for tomorrow.Each day is a new day.I am truely blessed to learn from all of you.
Honest

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

a new NA meeting has just started in Cedartown. It's held at 7pm on tuesdays and fridays. It is open to both addicts and non addicts and I believe it would be very helpful for anyone who is struggling with addiction or who has an addict in their family.

As far as the tough love approach...it is needed. If you don't, you will inadvertantly be enabling them. It will be hard but you have to let them hit their bottom...only then will they see their problem and wish to do anything about it.

I wish you and your family all the best.
Honest

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

the new na meeting is located at the highland rivers facility @ 180 wateroak dr cedartown
Honest

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

by the way...today I'm at day 71 :)
caring

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Honest wrote:
And you keep going my friend!It must be a wonderful feeling to be free! Bless you for your posting.The information will reach many.And please keep up the good work.In my heart this is by far a wonderul way for everyone to comunicate.To tell their life stories,and share with others.No judgement here.No name calling.Just sharing.
been there good luck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

I've been there. I'm 3 years clean I'm very proud of that. I was addicted to ice, that stuff is EVIL. Someone has to really want to quit in order to quit. Its hard, you have to cut all association off with anyone who is involved with it. But, it can be done. I never went to any NA classes or anything like that, I'm not downing them or anything but I believe you will be stronger if you do it yourself and use family for support. After 3 yrs, I don't "crave" drugs. I don't even like to be around ppl that do them. But I will always keep in mind I have an addicted personality. Its taken me along ways to get to where I am today but I'm very proud. Good luck, you have a long road ahead of you but it isn't impossible!
Used2BeMe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

been there good luck wrote:
I've been there. I'm 3 years clean I'm very proud of that. I was addicted to ice, that stuff is EVIL. Someone has to really want to quit in order to quit. Its hard, you have to cut all association off with anyone who is involved with it. But, it can be done. I never went to any NA classes or anything like that, I'm not downing them or anything but I believe you will be stronger if you do it yourself and use family for support. After 3 yrs, I don't
"crave" drugs. I don't even like to be around ppl
that do them. But I will always keep in mind I
have an addicted personality. Its taken me along
ways to get to where I am today but I'm very
proud. Good luck, you have a long road ahead
of you but it isn't impossible!
I
I did the same as you I quit on my own. My mom wanted me in rehab. I told her they couldn't help me only I could. Some people need it some are stronger willed than others. Until the addict want
to stop they wont. ICE is truely the DEVIL. I only used it a few months. After 7 days without sleep
and starting to see things that at first I thought
was real and then my logic kicked in and I said
go to bed. I hope your loved one stays clean. It
took getting away from the people I hung out
with and walking away from everything. I was
thinking the other day about these post and how
much we have all lost in our addictions. I know
I will never smoke crack, my drug of choice, again. I know that road is behind me. Thank God above.
been there

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

Honest wrote:
Excellent!! Stay strong, live free!
sammigirl

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

My exboyfriend was a bad drug user.When we first got together,he made me believe that he had stopped.It took three years of my life to realise that he was not.He was real good at making me believe him.Always had the right answers.Nothing but lies.I took our kids and left.I never looked back.He just moved on to other women,using them up like he did me.I hear he is clean now.I really am not so sure.We are just fine without him.Bless all of you guys that are staying clean!Keep up the good work!I believe this is the best thread ever!
my opinion

Ranburne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Support Recovery meets on Saturdays at 6:00 at the church across from Litesey Funeral Home.
friend

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

I have an acholic friend.he doe's work.His drinking affects his homelife, and his job too.He has had dui's in the past.He now stays at home when he drinks.I wish that he would get help.I am sure that he will not.It makes me sad to see him drink so much.He rather drink than eat,and I think that is so sad.I saw this post and read threw all.Bless you guys for sharing your life stories.I think it helps to have a postive place to share our burdens with others.Please pray for my friend.
sammigirl

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Honest wrote:
I am a drug addict. I fought tooth and nail to hold on to my addiction. I've been clean 58 days today. That may seem like nothing...but to me it's the world. I will ALWAYS have the disease of addiction and it will be something that I have to be aware of and proactive about for the rest of my life. I go to intensive outpatient classes to help me learn about my disease and I go to NA meetings to be around people who TRULY understand me. I feel for you and your family because I hate what I have done to my family. Thankfully they stood by me. That being said, no addict will truly start to recover until they want to for themselves. You can force detox, rehab, and even NA meetings...but the mind of an addict is very cunning. And even though we know what is 'right' or what we 'should' do...actually DOING those things are much easier said than done. And I thank GOD I got it. I wish you all the best.
I was rereading this forum,and I got to wondering if you were still doing well.I sure hope so.Actually,I hope all that have posted are doing well.Please keep going strong.All the best to you all.
UpsandDowns

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

We take my brother back to rehab in a day. I pray he lets go of his demons. I have heard his speech many times about getting clean. Maybe this time.
misticosombrero

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

no one 'WINS' a 'war on drugs', even within themselves. it is never over until you die. you, or your loved ones may be 'clean', and that is FANTASTIC and a WONDERFUL thing...truly lives are lived better when that can be the case....for the addicted (including those addicted to alcohol, a drug) and those they love, and those who love them.

but the 'battle' is always in play. it's never a 'win or lose' situation....it's a matter of existing without using, and therefore being helathier for it...mind, body, and soul.

God Bless All Addicts and their loved ones.
beekeeper

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

My brother has been clean for 12 years, he has turned his life completely around, he is doing great,thank God.
sammigirl

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

beekeeper wrote:
My brother has been clean for 12 years, he has turned his life completely around, he is doing great,thank God.
12 yrs. is a long time of clean living! You must be proud! Merry Christmas! And a Happy New Year! Bless all u guys on this forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of68
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Temple Discussions

Search the Temple Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 14 min General Robert E Lee 47,898
Polk School District up To It Again 50 min FIRRRREDDDDD 51
Recipes and Coupons 57 min Sara 1
black girls 14 hr thatguy 2
No Smoking at Homespun 17 hr Howard 27
Vanesa Cain/Smith 18 hr Maybe 3
Beelzebubba in Ft Bragg 18 hr No one 2
•••
•••

Temple News Video

•••
•••

Temple Jobs