Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 687

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Full Story
DefendMyself

Lexington, NC

#49 Feb 28, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Some truth to what you said. She is twisted. Both of them were playing the always dangerous Dom/Sub sexual game. Travis probably started it and both of them liked it. Going to the next man was also part of her alibi gambit. She was attracted to White clean cut men, in this case she picked the most wholesome (Mormons). Jody is a very appealling petite demure Latina beauty, that is on the surface. She loved him too much and spun out of control. Still calling this a Manslaughter (crime of passion) not a 1st degree murder.
Most posters do not understand our legal system in connection with psychological dynamics pertaining to charging cases. Our legal system continues to evolve and this is far from a 1st degree capital homicide. Overcharged, which is not justice.
I think OVERCHARGED for an OVERKILL justifies 1st degree murder,and to think she then purchases a gun to defend herself yet again,if need be,or kill herself one,Jodi is a dangerous person to ALL and hopefully she will not be set free,but who knows?

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#50 Feb 28, 2013
wheezy_1969 wrote:
I think the jury will find her guilty, but she won't get the death penalty....
Wheezy1969, Sadly, I'm afraid you may be correct.

Possibly one horney man that will not vote to see this serial Sex Machine put on Death Roll...imo

Lexington, Va.

#51 Feb 28, 2013
Janice wrote:
Jodi was half mexicana.
To Travis she was a low life hispanic woman.
That is how he treated her but then again that is how she wanted to be treated! She walked around with tramp clothing with her tits hanging out and promising men sex with her shark like eyes.

She is also a woman with personality disorder.

Travis never loved her and was never gonna marry her! She was a houchie mamma.
She deserves the death penalty because when travis was in the shower she could of used the gun to stop him and run out of the house and call the cops.
Instead she wanted the pleasure of stabbing him 29 time.

That was her rage. If they don't give her death they need to give her life without parole....
Janice, How many Personality Disorders??

Lexington, Va.

#52 Feb 28, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>

Good Lord, she knew him for 4 MONTHS!!
Get Real, 4 Months of tire cutting, stalking, taping phone calls,

and NOT taking NO for an answer...imo
Erin Go Braugh

Bethlehem, PA

#53 Feb 28, 2013
Janice wrote:
Jodi was half mexicana. To Travis she was a low life hispanic woman. That is how he treated her but then again that is how she wanted to be treated! She walked around with tramp clothing with her tits hanging out and promising men sex with her shark like eyes. She is also a woman with personality disorder. Travis never loved her and was never gonna marry her! She was a houchie mamma. She deserves the death penalty because when travis was in the shower she could of used the gun to stop him and run out of the house and call the cops. Instead she wanted the pleasure of stabbing him 29 time. That was her rage. If they don't give her death they need to give her life without parole.
I agree with everything you've said, except that I don't believe that just because some women dress provocatively, that they're a bad person. It may be attention seeking behavior but that doesn't make them a wh**e. I have friends who wear low cut tops and short skirts, but they have long happy relationships with their boyfriends/husbands and their significant others like it. Seeing Jodi in photos of her before she killed Travis, it appears that she didn't dress all that sleezy. Very often, some of the biggest sleeze balls are those who dress rather plain or appear to blend in with mainstream society. The danger of stereotyping can give a false impression of who someone really is and that really isn't fair.

Lexington, Va.

#54 Feb 28, 2013
DefendMyself wrote:
<quoted text>
I think OVERCHARGED for an OVERKILL justifies 1st degree murder,
and to think she then purchases a gun to defend herself yet again,if need be,or kill herself one,

Jodi is a dangerous person to ALL and hopefully she will not be set free,but who knows?....
DefendMyself, If this murder did not justify the Death penality then what does?
She STOLE the gun from her Grandmother.

DANGEROUS and rentless absolutely!..imo
You are Not my Boss

Carnegie, PA

#55 Feb 28, 2013
I think from observing JA for all this time;
when the court resumes she will be composed
angry and will not be as ready to play as before she broke down.
She will compose herself, and become the old JA who was argumentative and uncooperative.
She does have MPD
and is able to facade the personalities when she needs to.
You are Not my Boss

Carnegie, PA

#56 Feb 28, 2013
Erin Go Braugh wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you've said, except that I don't believe that just because some women dress provocatively, that they're a bad person. It may be attention seeking behavior but that doesn't make them a wh**e. I have friends who wear low cut tops and short skirts, but they have long happy relationships with their boyfriends/husbands and their significant others like it. Seeing Jodi in photos of her before she killed Travis, it appears that she didn't dress all that sleezy. Very often, some of the biggest sleeze balls are those who dress rather plain or appear to blend in with mainstream society. The danger of stereotyping can give a false impression of who someone really is and that really isn't fair.
I agree partly with both of you one the dressing and all. what it does boil down to one can dress like an angel , and still speak and act badly.
So, yes the way one looks does make people judge wrong sometimes.
But, not in this case. She knows no other way to get affection and is like a control freak. something had to have happened to her for her to become the killer she is.
Lonnie

Cookeville, TN

#57 Feb 28, 2013
Shes one hot chick.
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#58 Feb 28, 2013
You are Not my Boss wrote:
I think from observing JA for all this time;
when the court resumes she will be composed
angry and will not be as ready to play as before she broke down.
She will compose herself, and become the old JA who was argumentative and uncooperative.
She does have MPD
and is able to facade the personalities when she needs to.
It isn't MPD that Jodi has, it's just plain old lying on the stand. She knows she's being cornered and has been outed in lie after lie. All the crying is Jodi expressing her feelings for herself. She could care less about Travis. "Were you crying when you stabbed Travis in the torso? Were you crying when you slit Travis throat from ear to ear into his spine?" 29 stab wounds, a gunshot wound and a throat slit so deep, it almost decapitated Travis. Martinez showed that if Jodi was really "body slammed" by Travis, in what she called his "linebacker" stance, she still had the opportunity to escape. The linebacker theory doesn't make any more sense then Jodi does. She went to Travis place knowing he wasn't interested in pursuing their relationship anymore. He was taking someone else to Cancun and wasn't going to change his mind. Travis biggest and fatal mistake was letting Jodi in the door that day. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Jodi was scorned. Her fury and rage caused such a horrific bloody scene, that it would make the top 10 horror flicks of the year, if not number one.
Gordon Solie

Akron, OH

#59 Mar 1, 2013
An immature,narcissitic and selfish young man who took advantage of an emotional cripple. This was spontaneous not deliberate.He played a very dangerous and emotional game without thinking of the consequences. Did he deserved to be killed? of course not. How sad that in abusing her he helped write the script for his own demise, how sad for her that in taking his life she destroyed so many others herself included.

Lexington, Va.

#60 Mar 1, 2013
La La Land wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't MPD that Jodi has, it's just plain old lying on the stand. She knows she's being cornered and has been outed in lie after lie. All the crying is Jodi expressing her feelings for herself. She could care less about Travis. "Were you crying when you stabbed Travis in the torso? Were you crying when you slit Travis throat from ear to ear into his spine?" 29 stab wounds, a gunshot wound and a throat slit so deep, it almost decapitated Travis. Martinez showed that if Jodi was really "body slammed" by Travis, in what she called his "linebacker" stance, she still had the opportunity to escape.
The linebacker theory doesn't make any more sense then Jodi does. She went to Travis place knowing he wasn't interested in pursuing their relationship anymore.
He was taking someone else to Cancun and wasn't going to change his mind. Travis biggest and fatal mistake was letting Jodi in the door that day.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Jodi was scorned.

Her fury and rage caused such a horrific bloody scene, that it would make the top 10 horror flicks of the year, if not number one....
LaLa Land, SHe used SEX to make him open his door and go against his beliefs..one last time.
Remember Travis was wet and naked, how far would he have chased he naked?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#61 Mar 1, 2013
Janice wrote:
Jodi was half mexicana. To Travis she was a low life hispanic woman. That is how he treated her but then again that is how she wanted to be treated! She walked around with tramp clothing with her tits hanging out and promising men sex with her shark like eyes. She is also a woman with personality disorder. Travis never loved her and was never gonna marry her! She was a houchie mamma. She deserves the death penalty because when travis was in the shower she could of used the gun to stop him and run out of the house and call the cops. Instead she wanted the pleasure of stabbing him 29 time. That was her rage. If they don't give her death they need to give her life without parole.
She WANTED him to be in the shower, at his most vulnerable imo that was part of her plan. she went with the intent to keep him from taking the "other woman" to Cancun, when that didn't work she decided HE wasn't going either
Oasis

Pinetops, NC

#62 Mar 2, 2013
I wish folks would actually look at the crime scene photographs and paint their own picture. Jodi lies and everybody else is guessing. I see zero signs of any sort of struggle. Save the finger-like smears on the sink, I don't see hand/foot/knee smears anywhere!!! They say that is a palm smear on the wall. Jodi's palm at that. OK.

I see puddles, drips and splatter-like deposits. The only smearing I see is along the baseboards. Granted, the photos I have seen are 3rd-4th generation and really poorly lit. For a crime scene and all the equipment at their disposal for documentation. Pretty lame. She didn't wipe out that bathroom at all. Where are the footprints of either one of them? Stocking or bare? WTH? Wet floor/bloody floor----pretty slippery....

Do those rather large blood drops on the door jamb seem too thick? Seems they should have succumbed to gravity more fluidly than I see....being "fresh" and all.....

That bloody scene was staged....IMO

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#63 Mar 2, 2013
Oasis wrote:
I wish folks would actually look at the crime scene photographs and paint their own picture. Jodi lies and everybody else is guessing. I see zero signs of any sort of struggle. Save the finger-like smears on the sink, I don't see hand/foot/knee smears anywhere!!! They say that is a palm smear on the wall. Jodi's palm at that. OK.
I see puddles, drips and splatter-like deposits. The only smearing I see is along the baseboards. Granted, the photos I have seen are 3rd-4th generation and really poorly lit. For a crime scene and all the equipment at their disposal for documentation. Pretty lame. She didn't wipe out that bathroom at all. Where are the footprints of either one of them? Stocking or bare? WTH? Wet floor/bloody floor----pretty slippery....
Do those rather large blood drops on the door jamb seem too thick? Seems they should have succumbed to gravity more fluidly than I see....being "fresh" and all.....
That bloody scene was staged....IMO
Staged by whom? And why?

Would there be any footprints if Jodi had poured water all up and down the tile floor to try and "clean up?"

To another poster: Jodi was never charged with stealing a gun from her grandparents home.
TrialWatcher

Warrensburg, NY

#64 Mar 3, 2013
cece426 wrote:
<quoted text>
She WANTED him to be in the shower, at his most vulnerable imo that was part of her plan. she went with the intent to keep him from taking the "other woman" to Cancun, when that didn't work she decided HE wasn't going either
She may have planned to kill the other Woman but decided on Travis instead when he wouldn't tell her who it was.According to her she didn't know who he was taking to Cancun and put it together at his Funeral.
Oasis

Pinetops, NC

#65 Mar 3, 2013
wheezy_1969 wrote:
<quoted text>
Staged by whom? And why?
Would there be any footprints if Jodi had poured water all up and down the tile floor to try and "clean up?"
To another poster: Jodi was never charged with stealing a gun from her grandparents home.
There are only a few entities that would/could stage this and have the police believe it and run with it. How foolish of me.

I suppose she could have, but blood is not so easily washed away. I see way too many undisturbed puddles of blood on the tiles. Several rather large ones. Even in the hallway. If you have lived with floor tile and grout lines, you would know what is missing in the hallway pics if she dragged him.

His bleeding covered a lot of square footage.
I can't see Travis not fighting harder against only Jodi. Maybe it was a team effort and Travis knew he physically couldn't win. Maybe he was trying to talk his way out of the situation after a few serious wounds.
Maybe Jodi set "something" up and it turned into more than she expected. Maybe it was exactly what she expected.
IDK

La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#66 Mar 3, 2013
Jodi must have went at Travis in a hurried frenzy of rage. He did have some deep defense wounds on his hands. I don't think Travis had much time to think about anything. She likely suddenly turned on him while he was in the shower. He was wet and didn't know what was about to happen to him. She certainly had the edge and she knew it. That was her golden opportunity to kill him while he was at his most vulnerable. Travis was likely slipping in and out of consciousness rather quickly given the amount of blood that was lost. He very likely was in a state of shock. After she slit his throat, that was the end for him. His carotid artery, and voice box were severed in that attack. I can't even imagine what horror Travis was forced to endure during those last moments of his life. This reminds me of a Manson family style killing. Creepy and extremely disturbing.
whataboutcaylee

Tavares, FL

#67 Mar 3, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only a few entities that would/could stage this and have the police believe it and run with it. How foolish of me.
I suppose she could have, but blood is not so easily washed away. I see way too many undisturbed puddles of blood on the tiles. Several rather large ones. Even in the hallway. If you have lived with floor tile and grout lines, you would know what is missing in the hallway pics if she dragged him.
His bleeding covered a lot of square footage.
I can't see Travis not fighting harder against only Jodi. Maybe it was a team effort and Travis knew he physically couldn't win. Maybe he was trying to talk his way out of the situation after a few serious wounds.
Maybe Jodi set "something" up and it turned into more than she expected. Maybe it was exactly what she expected.
IDK
If the first injury was a bullet to the head, how could he have fought harder? Did you hear the medical examiner testify as to how he would have been incompacitated?
whataboutcaylee

Tavares, FL

#68 Mar 3, 2013
TrialWatcher wrote:
<quoted text>She may have planned to kill the other Woman but decided on Travis instead when he wouldn't tell her who it was.According to her she didn't know who he was taking to Cancun and put it together at his Funeral.
Do we even know for sure what the woman was that was going to Cancun? Do we know for sure that Jodi knew who she was?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tempe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 1 hr Richies Cool Man ... 8
Secure the Border First 1 hr Richies Cool Man ... 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 3 hr bbphx 1,945
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee-Stalling problems! (Feb '08) 10 hr dennyps 309
Open Borders are the Road to the Third World 12 hr Culture Auditor 1
sean & ashley mecham are theives of the worst kind (May '13) Fri Friend 23
English bulldog puppy for rehoming Fri Loving home 1
Tempe Dating
Find my Match

Tempe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tempe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tempe

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:28 pm PST

NBC Sports12:28PM
Larry Fitzgerald officially questionable for Sunday
NFL 1:22 PM
Bobby Wagner (toe) to return to Seahawks' defense
ESPN 1:35 PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?