compton terrace
richard thynne

Plymouth, UK

#1 Aug 2, 2007
hello, im doing a project linked with concerts in the area of tempe and phoenix and i need some info on the compton terrace amphitheater. i gather there were 2 forms of the amphitheater. could anyone tell me where they both were...an address or a link to a map or something please.
thanks in advance
Kevin Dowell

Elk Grove Village, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2007
Compton Terrace was an outstanding concert facility located next to Legend City, a now defunct amusement Park that has been replaced with the Corporate headquarters of Salt River Project (power company). Named after radio personality Bill Compton, the amphitheatre held many outstanding concerts including the Grateful Dead, Kenny Loggins, Jerry Riopelle and Stevie Nicks. For more information on the facility you should do research on Legend City, SRP and Bill Compton. That will yield the greatest results.
Scott Semple

Wickenburg, AZ

#3 May 29, 2011
I was just reading the June 2011 Spin Magazine and apparently the very first show of the original Lollapalooza was held at Compton Terrace in 1991. Sounds like it was a cool place. My wife tells me it is now located at Firebird Raceway on the Gila Indian Reservation off I-10, south of Phoenix.
Harry Angus

Laytonville, CA

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Jess Nicks (Stevie's father) started Compton Terrace in 1979. He leased land from the Legend City owners for an outdoor amphitheater. For awhile it was the premier rock concert venue located between Phoenix and Tempe. Fleetwood Mac put on an unforgettable show at Compton Terrace, it was the only venue the band played in the Valley.
EvilE

Phoenix, AZ

#5 May 27, 2016
Harry Angus wrote:
Jess Nicks (Stevie's father) started Compton Terrace in 1979. He leased land from the Legend City owners for an outdoor amphitheater. For awhile it was the premier rock concert venue located between Phoenix and Tempe. Fleetwood Mac put on an unforgettable show at Compton Terrace, it was the only venue the band played in the Valley.
What was the very last show at Compton terrace?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tempe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 3 hr Augie 1,140
we are suppliers of froozen chicken feet in l... (Mar '13) 12 hr Song 47
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 19 hr Kpbracken 2,135
Armpit Airline Sat Citizen 2
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Apr 21 Daytripper 2,689
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee-Stalling problems! (Feb '08) Apr 21 FLUSTRATED98 344
Donald Trump for President (Sep '16) Apr 20 Abdellina Hussein 15

Tempe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tempe Mortgages