Thousands sign petition for Arizona to secede from the Union

Full story: KTVK Phoenix 6
The petition , filed online through the White House's petition page, shows that Arizona, along with several other states, is calling for secession to leave the United States and start its own new government. Full Story
Write On

Kansas City, MO

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Excellent!
Richard

Mesa, AZ

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Its about time people stand up for what is right. Whether you are Democrat or Republican you already know that the federal government has become too big to sustain the revenue to cover and this is the LEGAL way to stop the outrageous growth. I will sign it.
John

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2012
AZ Or any state will go down the tubes if they get seceded
Sarge

Vacaville, CA

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Hey, let them do it. When they do all federal funding tos and that would include social security, Medicare and va benefits. I would love to see these states support themselves. Be careful what you ask for because it may be granted
Raptor33

Tucson, AZ

#5 Nov 19, 2012
During the depression, communities had their own currency which created their own economic system. Its entirely possible for any state to secede and not only survive, but thrive.
Exactly

Omaha, NE

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Raptor33 wrote:
During the depression, communities had their own currency which created their own economic system. Its entirely possible for any state to secede and not only survive, but thrive.
One bonus would be getting rid of Holder, Napolitano and the IRS. Seems to me it's a plus!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tempe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McCain appears ready for 2016 reelection bid 12 hr Taxpayer for years 13
us airways / american airlines 12 hr Taxpayer for years 6
Lyndell Cherry, 29, died at the scene 18 hr Yeah Boy 20
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 22 hr Ace75 646
Debate: Gay Marriage - Phoenix, AZ (Jul '10) Wed pale 291
Review: Tempe Powersports And Marine Oct 20 Adrian Guzman 2
Man changes plea to guilty in ASU frat brawl Oct 18 ha! 1
Tempe Dating
Find my Match

Tempe People Search