Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
150,661 - 150,680 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
spoken like a true Christian
How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?
Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.” Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.
The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time. In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).
In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it. Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.
The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.
Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes,“In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.
The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.” Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681. However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.
Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city. An eyewitness account reports,“Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators. They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”
http://www.rleeermey.com/sounds/pukes.wav

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Jane Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaahah
HAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAH
It won commendations for its methodology? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHHAHAHAAHHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA
You are hilarious!
It was NOT acquitted of ANYTHING, you big LIAR. It was never investigated. The University dissmissed the charges because they said there wasn't enough evidence. There was to "trial." It was a very poorly orchestrated cover-up of influence pedalling and propaganda, bought and paid for by anti-gay lunatics. The University of Texas covered its own ass to avoid ethics sanctions that would hurt its accreditation. The only people that arte fooled by what's going on here are people who know absolutely NOTHING about research methodology and validity. A first year sciology student could spot the flaws in this piss-poor excuse for a "study."
You clueless moron crack me up with your blabberings. I mean really. Do you think we don't know any better?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "we all" jackass? Do you have several mice in your pocket?
That would be funny. Seeing mice laugh!
P.S. I have no laughing mice in my pocket but I laugh at you!
FUN!
Did I hurt your feelings?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I hurt your feelings?
No.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
thee biggest problem with the study was that the sample includes children of families that started out in same sex marriages as well as children whose original families were from heterosexual families, but that were broken up by homosexual affairs. Divorce usually has a detrimental effect on the children. In fact I do believe that less than 1% of the sample were children from families that started out in same sex marriage.
The study's conclusion should have been about the effects that parents involved in homosexual extra martial affairs have on children
0% of children started out in a ss house. It is impossible for a child to start out in a ss house. A child is always absent one parent and one gender in that setting.
Hankies

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Just round up all those who helped Nick Conway for all those years, those appointed or elected officials from each city involved.

Just squeeze'm like a grape, they will squeal just to save their own hides and whats left of their political careers.

Then the California tax payers will get some justice.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

This is an equal opportunity insult to all my fellow posters supporting and opposed to whatever the dopey topic is! Don't start whining it's homophobic.

AirDried

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Just how many ways can you say GOP -JERKS?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once did I connect your not graduating from high school with the color of your skin you halfwit. That is something you have created in your own delusions.
You didn't have to do it, your implication was obvious.
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, why do you lie about it? Time to drop the race card Rose, we have a black President twice elected, you should let go and move on, the rest of the country has.
Quarter wit, YOU lied about not knowing I'm black. And there is still racism in this country.
akpilot wrote:
What would you like to know about them? You wouldn't understand them anyhow, you should just focus on the GED for the moment.
I know you don't think I've graduated high school because I'm black. But I have a degree from a university even you have heard of.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You go Rose, you are an inspiration to us all. I wish you and yours a truly Happy and Safe Holiday season.
Thank you.:)
And have a wonderful 2013!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Marram.
There is some justification for that belief. On the other hand, Christmas is no more pagan than the cult of Darwinian evolution that is being proselytized by high paid pagan taxpayer supported Government teachers and wealthy pointy headed Government "professors" in expensive taxpayer funded Government indoctrination centers.
Ronald

Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus says the Lord:“Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them, for the customs of the peoples are vanity. A tree from the forest is cut down and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman. They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Here is some non-faith science for you! Afraid?
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/
articles/253971.php
Do you understand the implications of epi-marker discovery?
"Different kinds of epi-marks safeguard different sex-specific characteristics; some protect the genitals, others protect sexual identity, and this study suggests others keep safe sexual partner preference.
When these epi-marks are passed between generations from fathers to daughters or mothers to sons, they have the potential to result in reverse effects. The outcome is feminization of characteristics in sons or masculinization of some characteristics in daughters, occasionally affecting sexual preference."
First they will identify different epi-markers. Next they will be able to correct markers mistakenly left. Literally shape not just gender, but the masculization or feminization of either gender!
The whole issue of homosexuality will be rendered mute!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget racist and bigoted. I hope the Ho Ho Ho got a fresh bunch of bananas for Christmas Ho Ho Ho
Why do racists like you call black people "monkey" when monkeys have light skin, thin lips, straight hair and flat butts? Did you think about that? Obviously not.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do racists like you call black people "monkey" when monkeys have light skin, thin lips, straight hair and flat butts? Did you think about that? Obviously not.
Gee you just now replying to this ? I forgot I even posted it lol. Someone had posted a pic of you, that's probably why I posted what I did

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Insults are lame arguments. Insulting my family is a new low, even for you.
Telling people they don't deserve basic, equal human rights is far more insulting than any taunt. You insult people all the time.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Many same sex marriage supporters base their arguments on emotion and logical fallacy (ad hominem) rather than reason. I offer the post above as example.
Stupid, homophobes like you are the ones who base their arguments on emotion and logical fallacies, like appealing to tradition, or popularity.
I don't use emotion in my argument at all, it's a simple equal rights issue.
The fact you are a hateful moron is incidental, and not part of my argument for gay marriage.
TMZ is Tessitor

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

TMZ stands for Thirty Mile Zone and or Tessitor looks like Thirty Miles of BAD road anyway.
GODSKRU

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Finally ...all of us gods can get married to the guys from faketeen st.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

KiMare wrote:
Here is some non-faith science for you! Afraid?
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/
articles/253971.php
Do you understand the implications of epi-marker discovery?
"Different kinds of epi-marks safeguard different sex-specific characteristics; some protect the genitals, others protect sexual identity, and this study suggests others keep safe sexual partner preference.
When these epi-marks are passed between generations from fathers to daughters or mothers to sons, they have the potential to result in reverse effects. The outcome is feminization of characteristics in sons or masculinization of some characteristics in daughters, occasionally affecting sexual preference."
First they will identify different epi-markers. Next they will be able to correct markers mistakenly left. Literally shape not just gender, but the masculization or feminization of either gender!
The whole issue of homosexuality will be rendered mute!
Do you think the issue of "monsters" (that's what you call yourself) like you should be rendered moot with abortion?
LOLSER!
TMZ is Tessitor

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

TMZ stands for Thirty Miles of ugly Tessitors face.

Being that a liar such as, isn't going to like what he hears when he is told to come clean or get out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Temecula Forum right now

Search the Temecula Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Sun tan baby 7,848
Border Children: 'They Don't Speak English, But... 5 hr Here Is One 104
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr nw batteries 15,919
Immigration rally in Long Beach for Central Ame... 23 hr para psychologist 20
Anti-Immigrant Hate Coming From Everyday Americans Fri Jaimie 10
Unique Adoptions (Nov '08) Fri texas girl 72
Murrieta Citizens Appear To Be Winning Battle O... Fri MrCracka 184
•••
•••

Temecula News Video

•••
Temecula Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••