Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,481 - 143,500 of 200,361 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe gee taterhead, you sound as if you missed your afternoon nap. Maybe you can rejoice in the news I just received. My nephew and his partner were married and just let the cat out of the bag.
Mazol tav!
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Just another F an R..

Forks Republican.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Post a link to where you claim I made death threats or admit you are lying........
oops
There is no link, and you know it. That's why you keep asking me to post one. You sent the threats to me. Private messages. Notice you never ask me to post the actual threats you sent me.
Why is that?
Here Is One wrote:
I mean the threats you said were death threats and then changed your mind and said they are not really death threats but still kind of a death threat and then you changed your story again and said they were death threats but I was not arrested and are still posting because they were not real death threats because you claim I said I was going to kill you with my mind power..........LOL
LOLSER.
Why are you playing this game?
Comic Relief

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

It's always a laugh when someone wants another person to change..
PAUL RAND

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

joe biden just CLEANED the floor with paul(ayn) ryan.

especially on foriegn policy.

when asked which he feared more?? a nuclear armed iran, or another war?..... ryan chose another war???

whoa!! that will go over well!(not)

he also told the country that he and romney will fight to make abortion illegal.......

a real turn off if you ask me!!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

PAUL RAND wrote:
when asked which he feared more?? a nuclear armed iran, or another war?..... ryan chose another war???
he also told the country that he and romney will fight to make abortion illegal.......
Seriously!? He said they would fight to make abortion illegal!? Woah...that issue was settled with Roe v Wade.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

PAUL RAND wrote:
Paul

I just witnessed an old career politician worried about his job since 1973 getting paid from taxpayers act very rude. why was he smiling and then yelling, was he stoned?

Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

Uncle joe telling more fibs...

Obama and uncle joe lied, people died.

Riccardo
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously!? He said they would fight to make abortion illegal!? Woah...that issue was settled with Roe v Wade.
Rose

I agree. And why was that even brought up?

Riccardo
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
woah!! that is what i thought too.

I thought condoms wre sanctioned long before i became an adult.....

it seems their use is still in question.

the religious right dont want you to have abortions??/ yet they dont want to prevent them either....

I can only conclude that they love the poor and ignorant, their best constituents!!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Rose
I agree. And why was that even brought up?
Riccardo
I don't know.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
woah!! that is what i thought too.
I thought condoms wre sanctioned long before i became an adult.....
it seems their use is still in question.
the religious right dont want you to have abortions??/ yet they dont want to prevent them either....
I can only conclude that they love the poor and ignorant, their best constituents!!
And anti-abortion laws only harm lower to middle class women. Women with the money can just fly to a country were abortions are legal and get one.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Paul
I just witnessed an old career politician worried about his job since 1973 getting paid from taxpayers act very rude. why was he smiling and then yelling, was he stoned?
Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.
"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.
In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.
Uncle joe telling more fibs...
Obama and uncle joe lied, people died.
Riccardo
rickardo!!

biden wiped the floor with 41 year old paul ryan.

and the classic smile on joes face, when lyin ayn ryan started a lying!!

much more sucessful debate for the democrats..

the moderator was tough too!! she grilled them both pretty hard.

but your boy, although he held his own on some points??/

lost badly on the big points....

afghanistan, where romney/ryan already look quite incompetent??

and on taxes and fairness??

biden absolutley cleaned the floor with ryan.

he slammed romney and ryan on their comments about the people who dont vote for them??/

and then finsihed ryan off in the abortion debate.

gone, finished!! go home already rebuttlickers!!! your fried!
Gdlings

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Paul D. Ryan can ride those lies right in to the ground each and every time he opens his mouth.

So does his creepy boss, Willard Mitt Romney..
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
Says the jackass who names himself "frisbee" which is a silly toy from over 50 years ago. Priceless!
People still buy frisbees. How those tapes selling?
Also, it's just a word. I'm not building an identity around it. No avatar, no calling people "skippy", "tough guy",or "toots". You're that uninteresting that you think this is a step up? Oh well, have fun.

By the way, you're spelling "Derucki" wrong.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
Now stop and think about the aerodynamics involved in that "silly" toy...
That's asking too much of him. Acting out a character from eighth grade crank calls is more his speed.
Gdlings

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Never know when a ryan will pop up now do ya?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are lying. Post a link to where I complained about the Loving v VA decision, or admit you are lying.
So you are happy with the requirement the SCOTUS put on marriage being a "right"-

Essential to our existence and survival?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he said that it wasn't a decision to be left to 9 unelected officials.

He is correct, based on the Constitution. But then again, you don't understand the Constitution.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
rickardo!!
biden wiped the floor with 41 year old paul ryan.
and the classic smile on joes face, when lyin ayn ryan started a lying!!
much more sucessful debate for the democrats..
the moderator was tough too!! she grilled them both pretty hard.
but your boy, although he held his own on some points??/
lost badly on the big points....
afghanistan, where romney/ryan already look quite incompetent??
and on taxes and fairness??
biden absolutley cleaned the floor with ryan.
he slammed romney and ryan on their comments about the people who dont vote for them??/
and then finsihed ryan off in the abortion debate.
gone, finished!! go home already rebuttlickers!!! your fried!
Biden was arrogant, and offered nothing for solutions to the problems of jobs, economy, debt, foreign policy,- mostly he was on the defensive.

I counted Biden's 55 interruptions while Ryan was talking.

Uncle joe was fighting hard to keep his career politician job he's had since 1973
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Thursday night's faceoff. Forty-four percent say that Vice President Joe Biden was victorious. The Republican running mate's four point advantage among a debate audience that was more Republican than the country as a whole is within the survey's sampling error.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Temecula News Video

•••
Temecula Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Temecula Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••