Lia

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

If you are focused solely on the well-being of yourself, ignorant towards different cultures, extremely religious, selfish, would like to drive the "SoCal" version of the 'Autobahnen',have never seen a cyclist before, can't stand the site of diversity, would like to litter and feel no guilt, and believes strongly in a police state.

Then Welcome to Temecula, California.

If not, and still plan on moving here, you would go in the bottom 8% of people of Temecula and Murrieta.
They are basically the same city.I bike around both almost everyday. Don't try and make it sound like there is some huge difference. That, is the competitive side locals tend to have around here.
waigurl19

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Well, I'm ignoring you for the thousandth time, and will continue to do the same with any other screen names of yours that pop up...so don't waste your time.
arbee

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

I moved here to Temecula had a population of 400 (about 40 years) and I am grateful I've had the experience of seeing so many changes over the years. Every city has it's good and bad and Temecula is no exception, however, I would say it's still a good place to live and raise your children. It's not like LA or Orange County but still has alot of things to do even on the weekends. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!
Tisha

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

I have lived in the Temecula Valley since 1989 and my husband and I love this place, we raised our daughters here and now one of our daughters is married with a son and she loves living here also. I grewup in Orange County, lived at the beach, but I have far more enjoyed living in Temecula then when we lived in Huntington Beach. The community here is wonderful, the people are much like everywhere else in California, some more friendly then others. And yes we do have season changes here, in the fall we see the leaves change, the end of October we feel the cool weather and cold evenings, our winters are down right cold, our days are anywhere between 45 to 55 degrees and our evening are usually between 29 ato 34 degrees, and yes we even have dusting of snow. I have lived here for 22 years and I have seen alot of changes, some bad, but mostly good and I would not want to live anywhere else. Also our schools are fantastic my children have graduated and finished their schooling and are professional business women who are in their 20's and make over 50K a year, not bad for young women in their early 20's....I can chalk some of that up to their Temecula upbringing. Good Luck and God Bless
arbee

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

MARK wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the positive reply. We are truly set on moving out there, but have received 50/50 views on it. We too are looking at Redhawk area-ish. Do you commute to LA? What is the "actual" time on the road you spend?? Would be interested...Otherwise you hit the nail on the head with everything else...thanks again.
Look in Meadowview for a home when ur in Temecula It's one of the better neighborhoods and easily accessed from the freeway
Indiana Transplant

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

I've never been to Temecula, but the negative comments, pretty much sums up Huntington Beach and other parts of the OC. So don't bother moving to coastal cities and expecting anything different.

Let's face it Midwest people, we will never be able to lower ourselves down to California standards. It is a daily struggle to live with these blundering idiots, good luck.
Anabelle

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

HawaiiTransplant wrote:
I've been living in California for 4 years. We relocated from Hawaii to Temecula due to my husband's job. From someone who came from Hawaii, I actually love living in Temecula. It's not Hawaii but there are more positive than negative.
I am quite surprised of all the negative comments. I'm Asian and I have never experienced any racism, the cost of living here is less than Hawaii, and the people are very nice here.
The houses are beautiful...the cost of homes are far less than Hawaii and the houses are twice the size. The schools are very conservative and safe. The standards are quite high and the schools are highly rated. Students are highly competitive as far as scholastic achievement which I like.
There's a lot of parks, shopping centers and lots of restaurants. The traffic is a bit heavy during work hours but other than that, traffic within the city isn't bad.
I feel safe living here. Coming from a state where violent crimes is one of the lowest in the country, it was important that we live in a city that we felt safe.
I have to admit, there are a few negatives. There's a lot of 'transients" living here.. primarily because of the many military families that move to Temecula because housing is less expensive than it is in San Diego. They are less invested in the community.
The other negative aspect of living here is the very hot summers which I hate. Temecula also lacks culture but I'm making comparison to Hawaii where everything is about culture. Temecula do lack diversity in its population. The population is majority white...approximately 70%.
So far, I've enjoyed living here but I wish downtown San Diego was a little closer. I don't like having to drive such a long distance to experience the city life.
Is your opinion still positive about Temecula? I recently moved to the East coast on the mainland from Hawaii and I'm not liking it all that much but I'm not sure if moving back to Hawaii is the best option (for the same reasons you listed: cost of living and housing) for my family. Would you be open to giving me more information on the area to help me make a more informed decision?
Beach Veteran

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

For those of you that think 500,000 for a home is upscale, You are wrong. That is a lower to lower middle class home in So California. That is a problem of poor research before moving here.
Adriana Sanchez

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

Okay grown people. I'm 18 I'm Mexican and mad proud first we Mexicans own Arizona and California and much more since are long ago people ! Aka Aztecs indianas. If you don't know don't run your mouth , I'd prefer being Latina we got the body and fucked the red necks in France ! Additionally many Mexicans have Careers and a jobs and we got to languages.. extra good money.. My father is a arctic and my mother a nurse . But don't get me wrong i get along with white folks but if your not miture your loss. p.s if your so tired of us WHY DONt YOU MOVE BACK TO WERE YOUR gReAT GREAt AnSaters came from Europe etc. and any battle Mexicans and many latinos would win.. and won't give up . Whole California is full of us and we ain't moving knowing we own it .. Ask your kids what they learn in history if not go to tijuana . Than ship your immature self with your grandparents .!
Susan Roberts

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Thinking of moving from Portland to temecula I'm used to heat and so cal in general but am hoping it is not like Lancaster ca. Feed back would be great
google

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Transplant sounds like a liberal douche bag. Everyone thinks their shit doesn't stink or the grass is always greener on the other side. Mexifornia is a shithole and swirling the bowl. LA county is turning into Tijuana and spreading to Orange County. The OC is either going to turn into TJ or Saigon. Fallbrook is a breeding ground for illegal aliens and gang bangers.
Ex PDXer

Murrieta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Susan Roberts wrote:
Thinking of moving from Portland to temecula I'm used to heat and so cal in general but am hoping it is not like Lancaster ca. Feed back would be great
Susan. I made the same move in 2010 and it is great here. The weather is awesome and location is convenient. Closer to San Diego for beaches and sports etc... 45 miles from an empty Ontario airport. Houses are shooting up in cost and the 250K 3000sq foot houses are gone but there are still deals. I loved the summers in Portland but the rest of the year was dark and miserable. Good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Temecula Forum right now

Search the Temecula Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Eainca 4,887
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr no way 200,349
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
Jerry Brown to meet in Mexico with religious le... Sun MrCracka 1
Waco, Ruby Ridge Replay Averted In Murrieta: Ag... Sun MrCracka 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••

Temecula News Video

•••
•••

Temecula Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Temecula People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE