Temecula Residents Speak Out Against ...

Temecula Residents Speak Out Against Homeless Housing Program

There are 9 comments on the Patch.com story from Dec 3, 2012, titled Temecula Residents Speak Out Against Homeless Housing Program. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Some Temecula residents are speaking out against the homeless housing program Project TOUCH, according to a Californian report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Diana

Murrieta, CA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
You can't help someone who can't help themselves. These homeless folks don't want to work.. They are completely comfortable living on the streets and are making our city look like sh*t. Get them out of here. Always seeing homeless people on rancho cal and over by ynez x Winchester. Oh and then there's Donald dick with his 7 carts of crap and his lawn chair..
Joe

Robertsdale, AL

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Leave the homeless alone. They are not hurting you. I know most of them and their just on Tough times. I don't work but I get a little from the state to help me out. I don't do drugs or smoke. I am 40 years old if it was not for my parents I would be homeless. I knew a homeless guy at one time Who never bothered anybody. He always kept to himself. He liked to drink cobra beer. One day while he was sleeping somebody took a Metal pole and jabbed it through his heart while he's slapped. Like that one homeless guy who lives in old town in his RV looks like that famous wrestler. All I ask is if you see a homeless person give them five bucks and say go get something to eat or go buy them some food and take it to them they will appreciate it.
Joe

Robertsdale, AL

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Slept not slapped
max

El Centro, CA

#4 Dec 8, 2012
Diana- If you don't want to see them on the street because you think they make our city look like sh*t then a housing program would solve that problem. Don't you think?
aah

United States

#5 May 13, 2014
Wow... how heartless should we become? There are cities/towns where they have solved the homeless dilemma. All of which required funds, compassion, & kindness!!
Apparently Temecula now lacks all. Be proud Temeculans you have shown strength. Oh & God resists the proud.
rose

Chino, CA

#6 May 15, 2014
You probably some stuck up white bitch right?
Diana wrote:
You can't help someone who can't help themselves. These homeless folks don't want to work.. They are completely comfortable living on the streets and are making our city look like sh*t. Get them out of here. Always seeing homeless people on rancho cal and over by ynez x Winchester. Oh and then there's Donald dick with his 7 carts of crap and his lawn chair..
HAT

Moreno Valley, CA

#7 Apr 29, 2016
People that judge the homeless will end up in a situation when they will need someone to help them guess what? Karma is gonna get you because you thought you were too good. You have friends, cousins, relatives that might be "displaced from a residence" or homeless as they call it. Best to just not judge because then you look and sound like a heatless selfish! Please pay it forward to the less fortunate.

H.A.T.
freewoman46

Thousand Oaks, CA

#8 Aug 8, 2016
I am currently a resident of Project Touch. I have 2 college degrees, and I work 2 jobs while pursuing my Masters in Public Health. At Project Touch, WE PAY RENT... we are prohibited from drug or alcohol use, and those who break the rules are evicted. Like me, many participants are fleeing(literally) from extremely dangerous abusive relationships which nearly destroyed us. We DO WANT TO WORK. We are required to work or actively look for work, as well as perform community service. I am astonished by the small-minded vitriolic hatred of some of these posts...The night I arrived, I was running from a crazy abusive meth-addicted husband, who was SHARPENING A HUNTING KNIFE to threaten me with as I prepared for bed. This program saved my life. People, PLEASE know what you are talking about, before you confuse people actively working on being healthy, productive members of society with the drug-addicts you see living in the riverbed or pushing carts down our city streets. And Diane, shame on you.
Peter Short

United States

#9 Oct 1, 2017
I was illegally evicted from my home by Temecula Police, 10 months ago, after I contacted the Property Manager (Alan Magill), when I found out the former tenant was in breach of contract by subletting to me. Instead of taking responsibility for the fact that I had lived there, without either of us knowing the other's existed for 2 1/2 years, the property manager called in a favor from police to remove me from the property. I know this, because the first time Alan spoke to me, he spent an hour taking credit, bragging about his connections, being a cocaine trafficker in the 80's and a pastor at a rehab facility. He said that if I didn't leave on my own, police would be drag me out in handcuffs, then prayed for my salvation and claimed he could feel Jesus acting through him, over the phone. The only touch I felt was when police invaded my home on December 11th, 2016. I was asleep in bed, when I heard a downstairs window brake. When I was ordered out of my bedroom at gunpoint, I was still on the phone with 911. I was arrested in my underwear, Deputies Donnely and Valadez refused to allow me clothes, searched my apartment and confiscated my mailbox and car keys, which they turned over to the former tenant, Gary Dubnicka, whom they claimed was repossessing my car, to cover unpaid rent. I'm a combat veteran, with 16 years of honorable service to this country; police used my PTSD treatment as a basis to harass and discredit me. My car and auto detailing business were stolen by Gary while I was in jail. I filed formal complaints and refused to accept any further abuse, or civil rights violations. A month later, I passed out inside my home from carbon monoxide poisoning. The natural gas exhaust was plugged from the outside, the oven had been disconnected and carbon monoxide detectors were all removed. When I discovered this, I called 911. Temecula PD arrived ahead of EMS and placed me on 5150. I was illegally transported outside the county for psychiatric observation. An hour later, the property manager posted a notice, claiming the property was abandoned. I was told I would be arrested if I returned. In response to my complaints, the original charge was dropped and replaced with charges of vandalism, theft and violating a temporary restraining order that had not been served. Temecula Police Chief, Jeff Kubel told me it was my word against that of his Deputies and concluded the internal investigation as unfounded. I produced extensive evidence to the contrary and made complaints against Captain Kubel and Deputy Risen, for the fraudulent 5150 and failure to secure my private property while I was in police custody. My complaints resulted in Kubel accusing me of terrorist threats, claiming himself as the victim. I was arrested at my sister's house in Sonoma County, 600 miles North of Temecula, transported to Southwest Detention Center and held for 30 days, on 2 million dollars bail. I was released on August 4th, when they could no longer hold me. Forensic investigations of my phone and computer failed to produce evidence and witnesses didn't support Kubel's claim. The DA dropped all charges on 9/11. I have been homeless, since my release from jail. My VA disability is too high for me to qualify for services and VA accounting errors and identity theft have prevented me from collecting compensation for a 3 months. As of October 1st, 2017, I am still broke and homeless in Temecula. Johnson and McClellan, from the outreach team asked for my number and told me to wait by the phone; it's been nearly a month and no one has called Local ordinances criminalize nearly everything I do, so I'm still under constant fear of arrest. I don't even have the 1st amendment right to publicly ask for help in this city. I'm not homeless by choice, I'm homeless because fascist bigots empower public corruption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temecula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chemtrails (Oct '12) Sat Lenny 6
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Feb 15 BlueMountainVacuum 352
News Temecula restaurant closed temporarily over str... Feb 12 Jackie 8
News Jeff Stone joins criticism of Sheriff Stan Snif... Feb 10 dunnie 1
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) Feb 4 Harinderjit Gill 98
Taco Catering Jan 30 Lucy 1
Pier 1 Imports DC at 40761 County Center Dr. Te... Jan 25 PIER 1 IMPORTS DC 40

Temecula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Temecula Mortgages