Knsb26

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

We are considering moving to Temecula from Upland because it is more family oriented. Our other option is Rancho Cucamonga where we have lived before and loved it. Temecula is at least 100,000 to 200,000 cheaper in housing and the schools rate just as high. Also, my two boys are really into sports and Chapparal High has the best basketball and football teams in the IE. Also we like Lacrosse and they dont have it in Rancho. Is Temecula really redneck like I'm hearing? We are white, republican and Christian, but we can't stand any type of racism or ignorance. That's why we have loved California so much.(It's not perfect but it's a lot better than most of the country) Any insight into the feel of the city would be great. Also, why are people saying people that live in Temecula are stuck up? Why would they be stuck up? It is a very inexpensive middle class place to live. If it's true, that indicates ignorance so I hope that is only the perception of people living in crappier areas nearby that just wished they lived in Temecula. Help me out here. Thanks!!
cindy

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

LIke I told the other person who was considering moving here, we moved here 18 years ago form the OC, where we lived for 15 years. I knew some really stuck up people there. I've never heard of Temecula being a redneck town, maybe 25 yearsw ago. You can get so much more for your money here, its ridiculous. It really is a beautiful town and I think you would like it, but of course you should check it out. Both my kids went to Chaparral, there is also a new high school to0 that is suppose to be excellent.
Knsb26

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Thank you for your comment. My husband and I did drive down there and check it out. We both thought Temecula was very nice and you get a lot for your money. I did hear that Great Oak High School is great, they just aren't nearly as good in sports for some reason yet and my kids want to play college ball. My husband seems to be set on Rancho Cucamonga right now though, so we'll see. I would love either place I think.
Fizzle

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Next time come down in the late spring/summer and when you drive back you can see the smog you're breathing as you head up to Upland/Rancho. I have an office in LA but live in Temecula. When I do go to the office I feel great coming home to Temecula. Some of the people are a little cliquey but I'm not sure if that's just our neighborhood (Morgan Hill).
Dick Franklin

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Fizzle wrote:
Next time come down in the late spring/summer and when you drive back you can see the smog you're breathing as you head up to Upland/Rancho. I have an office in LA but live in Temecula. When I do go to the office I feel great coming home to Temecula. Some of the people are a little cliquey but I'm not sure if that's just our neighborhood (Morgan Hill).
I was there the last of March.....great weather...great visit.
knsb26

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Fizzle wrote:
You were right about the smog, It never really bothered me before but now I notice it more. We decided on Temecula mostly for our children but I think my husband and I will love it too. I guess I can sacrifice on the shopping and travel a bit for that. Coincidentally, Morgan Hill is the neighborhood we are buying in. We love it! I guess we are going to be neighbors!
knsb26

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

You were right about the smog. It never really bothered me before but now I notice it more. We decided on Temecula mostly for our children and their interests, but I think my husband and I will love it too. I guess I can sacrifice on the shopping and travel a bit for that. Coincidentally, Morgan Hill is the neighborhood we are buying a house in. We love it! I guess we are going to be neighbors!
Sammy Shane Skinner

Murrieta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Too many mexicans in Rancho!
Temecula has less of them.......for now!
Lily

Murrieta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Sammy Shane Skinner wrote:
Too many mexicans in Rancho!
Temecula has less of them.......for now!
What's wrong with Mexicans?? Do you have a problem with them?
Rancho resident

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with Mexicans?? Do you have a problem with them?
Classic. So much for avoiding racism. I know, I know...it's every where:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Temecula Forum right now

Search the Temecula Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Online Weight loss Challenge Herbalife 14 min HerbalifeNichole 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Razzle 199,085
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Ronald 4,554
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) 9 hr recoveringkirbygirl 409
Experienced Group of Con Artists occupying my h... (May '13) Thu informed 135
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Activity 15,657
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
•••
•••

Temecula News Video

•••
•••

Temecula Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Temecula People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE