Puerto Rico - Fun Facts

Aug 2, 2007 Full story: Buzzle.com 1,259

Puerto Rico-Fun Facts" speaks about Puerto Rico, one of the most beautiful countries in Latin America. via Buzzle.com

Full Story
First Prev
of 63
Next Last
amauris

Haverhill, MA

#1 Dec 11, 2007
hello

p.r.

you are the best
amauris

Haverhill, MA

#2 Dec 11, 2007
hello

Since: Nov 07

Oakland, CA

#3 Dec 11, 2007
Thanks for posting fun facts. Something new for me to look at.

Hola Amauris, PR here in Cali.

San Francisco, CA

#5 Dec 12, 2007
David Lopez wrote:
The Puerto Rico of today needs good hearted, but yet strong minded intelligent and peaceful uniting individuals who can work with all kinds of people and lead them in the right direction, to help it find real solid solutions for it's present problems, as well as for itís better future, and not continue to create more alarming and divisive problems with much exaggerated hysteria inside these here forums, by making it appear more chaotic and more problematic than there really is in Puerto Rico.
For more up to the date news, without someoneís hate and negative hidden agenda in it, please do go to the link lidsted below.
It is here where truly highly educated professional Editors and real more honest writers of the positive as well as of the negative do give a more FAIR AND BALANCED news reporting without all the negativity and insults to go with with the news posted in these PR Forums day and night. We need unbiased news that will more accurateky inform us of the real Puerto Rico of today and where it may be leaning and heading to towards the future.
http://www.puertoricowow.com/
Peace and thanks to the honest souls at heart.
DL
Thx for the link.
NO MORE ILLEGALS

Debary, FL

#7 Dec 12, 2007
amauris wrote:
hello
p.r.
you are the best
PR u r the best ? Then why live here go home and help beautify America.. U hang your flags from your car mirrors it is so nice go back home please !
mr blvd

Santa Clarita, CA

#9 Feb 18, 2008
DON"T HATE BRO!!!
John Myer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Feb 18, 2008
NO MORE ILLEGALS wrote:
<quoted text>
PR u r the best ? Then why live here go home and help beautify America.. U hang your flags from your car mirrors it is so nice go back home please !
Actually - PR flies both the PR Flag and the US Flag. Or have you not been to the PR to actually know this?

They also pay Medicare and SS Taxes. They pay Income tax on all income except that income earned solely in the PR. The US CAN require them pay Income Tax - but it is the Congress that has elected NOT to do this (not the PR citizens that refuse to do so). To have them begin to pay Income tax opens them up to receive more benefits than the revenue the US Govt would receive. PR does not receive as much assistance from the Fed Govt for many of the services they do provide to their citizens (ie healthcare, roads, etc) as well, and therefore the citizens are taxed directly to pay for those on the island. I could go on forever... The net - it is only those ignorant of the real situation that believe PR is a financial drain on the US who refuses to do things like pay income tax - these decisions are made by our govt. PR is also not voting for independence (outside of a very small minority). What is really up for vote is to remain a territory or become a State. However, even if they vote to be a State - that will not make them one..., it takes 75% of the Governors to ratify that vote - and that will never happen as PR would upset the balance of the parties (ie the Republic Gov won't vote yes if the PR is too heavily Dems, and the Dem Govs won't vote if the PR is too heavily Repub). Therefore, the PR vote is more symbolism than anything else.(Go read up on things before you blindly make statements you know nothing about).

As to patriotism - I have never found more patriotism for the US and the military in any of our 50 States as I have found in PR. They could give everyone Stateside a lesson in how to support and honor their troops.

I personally love the Puerto Ricans, and have found them to be very hard working and fun loving. Their focus on their families is amazing. While no community is 100 percent perfect, I find these people have a lot going for them, and think that alot of the negative has to do with alot of the "Noricans" - who are those from NY and NJ who have relatives in PR, but have never been there themselves - and whose behavior is far more aligned with the ghetto mentality of Harlem - and that is a US issue, not a PR one.

BTW - I am not Hispanic... I am a WASP.
Mushilikas

Sarasota, FL

#11 Apr 2, 2008
WHERE ARE THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
LIer

Babylon, NY

#12 Apr 2, 2008
I have yet to see a SINGLE US flag in Puerto Rico off of government property (ex. US Post Office, police station, city hall, federal or state buildings, etc).

Try again ....

Since: Feb 07

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#13 Apr 2, 2008
LIer wrote:
I have yet to see a SINGLE US flag in Puerto Rico off of government property (ex. US Post Office, police station, city hall, federal or state buildings, etc).
Try again ....
I see them every day on my way to and from work. Outside homes and businesses, and as bumper stickers and decals on cars.

A few weeks ago a friend from Jacksonville visited. He and I had a few beers at the Sheraton in Viejo San Juan down by the cruise ship piers, where he was staying. They fly the U.S. flag, the Puerto Rico flag and a Sheraton banner.
anayeli

Raleigh, NC

#15 Jun 3, 2008
thank for the information now i'm sure i'm going to get a "A" in my project
anayeli

Raleigh, NC

#16 Jun 3, 2008
i love puerto rico
Jesus Christ

Boulder, CO

#17 Jun 24, 2008
LIer wrote:
Try again ....
Good, because they US flag should be turned upside down.

Hayward, CA

#18 Jun 25, 2008
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, because they US flag should be turned upside down.
Ig-nore.
Jesus Christ

Boulder, CO

#19 Jun 25, 2008
R Rivera wrote:
<quoted text>
Ig-nore.
Rivera? How do you like living in my country? And when are you going back to mexico?

Oakland, CA

#20 Jun 25, 2008
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Rivera? How do you like living in my country? And when are you going back to mexico?
Your country? ahahahahaha. I can't go back to Mexico, I never came from Mexico, you idiot. I'm a US Citizen whether you like it or not.

JC: IG-NORE.
Jesus Christ

Boulder, CO

#21 Jun 25, 2008
R Rivera wrote:
<quoted text>
Your country? ahahahahaha. I can't go back to Mexico, I never came from Mexico, you idiot. I'm a US Citizen whether you like it or not.
JC: IG-NORE.
Yeah right, your not a US citizen, all you illegals say that, you are just visiting.

Oakland, CA

#22 Jun 25, 2008
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, your not a US citizen, all you illegals say that, you are just visiting.
I believe this is a Puerto Rican Forum, why the h*ll are you insisting I'm illegal? Your ignorance shows right thru your posts. Puerto Ricans ARE US Citizens.....wake up!

“DIRTY BIRDY”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#23 Jun 25, 2008
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo dude..Pick up a book and educate yourself..P.Ricans are U.S Citizens..
American

Kayenta, AZ

#24 Jun 29, 2008
MICHELLE D wrote:
<quoted text> Yo dude..Pick up a book and educate yourself..P.Ricans are U.S Citizens..
Then why don't you just call them Americans? Instead of Puerto Ricans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Telluride Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
Leah (Jul '09) Sep 7 Kris 7
Telluride bars, nude paintings Aug 31 janisroelofson 1
Rural cops get militarized Aug 26 Robert H 1
Review: Bodeans Towing LLC Aug 26 Robert H 2
FOUND: Women's watch (Blue Lakes/Blaine Basin TH) Aug '14 D Winger 1
Artist Jo Lee Rodke (last name was Storm, Mrs B... (Aug '07) Aug '14 Linda 24
•••
•••
•••

Telluride Jobs

•••
•••