First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Many Questions

Englewood, TN

#1 May 17, 2009
Of all the things that are wrong with TV management one of the ones(of many) that irks me the most is the food & service at the Yacht Club. We have a beautiful Yacht Club with a sensational view but the food is terrible, overpriced & the service is mediocre at best. This includes the restaurant plus meals that are served for functions.
I have heard that the manager has just been given a 5 year contract. Was this discussed at a POA meeting? Also, I've heard that his books cannot be audited because it's not in his contract. How can any business not have their books audited? What can be done to make our Yacht Club a place we would all go to for a good meal???
Nepotism Reigns

Englewood, TN

#2 May 17, 2009
Many Questions wrote:
Of all the things that are wrong with TV management one of the ones(of many) that irks me the most is the food & service at the Yacht Club. We have a beautiful Yacht Club with a sensational view but the food is terrible, overpriced & the service is mediocre at best. This includes the restaurant plus meals that are served for functions.
I have heard that the manager has just been given a 5 year contract. Was this discussed at a POA meeting? Also, I've heard that his books cannot be audited because it's not in his contract. How can any business not have their books audited? What can be done to make our Yacht Club a place we would all go to for a good meal???
Nothing is discussed where it comes to giving relatives lucrative contracts. Patterson, the operator of all village restaurants is Cotton Hunts brother-in-law. Need I say more? As to getting a good meal, get rid of Patterson.
turkeys do not fly

San Antonio, TX

#3 May 17, 2009
to many guestions; good guestion. It's a shame and this is a loosing buiness, it costs us money from our assessment to make up the red ink and he was rewarded with a new contract.
Gossip is he's connected to Snodgrass and Cotton Hunt.
Tell your board members you are not a happy camper and want action NOW. BLAZER MUST GO!!!
Fleeced

Sevierville, TN

#4 May 17, 2009
turkeys do not fly wrote:
to many guestions; good guestion. It's a shame and this is a loosing buiness, it costs us money from our assessment to make up the red ink and he was rewarded with a new contract.
Gossip is he's connected to Snodgrass and Cotton Hunt.
Tell your board members you are not a happy camper and want action NOW. BLAZER MUST GO!!!
It is not gossip, they are all related. Why do you think the POA would pay Doug Patterson $170,000 a year. He gets free rent, free utilities, free insurance, we pay for all of his equipment, maintenance & repairs. You figure it out. He has reported to the POA that revenues are $1,700,000 and we have to pay him $170,000 a year with this kind of money. His last contract said he had to pay a portion back to the POA once his revenue's got this high. What I was told, he never paid the POA a dime. Now that his revenue is this high, why do you think he has a new contract? Food for thought, why would Winston pay Doug Patterson $170,000 a year which is more money than he makes, with Patterson bringing in $1,800,000 in revenue. Think about it?
turkeys do not fly

Louisville, TN

#5 May 17, 2009
to fleeced; Winnie gets a cut, this jerk NEEDS TO DIRECTLY TO JAIL!!!!
TV Cat

United States

#6 May 17, 2009
Why are we beating about the bush? It's time everyone knew that Bob Snodgrass, former POA President had a hot and heavy affair with Doug Petterson's mother, Lisa Patterson, when Lisa was manager of the Yacht Club Restaurant. After getting caught and divorced by Snodgrass's wife, Bob married Lisa and the restaurant was turned over to her son, Doug Patterson, to manage. Bob was voted off the board after the scandal but apparently POA is keeping it all in the family. I heard that Patterson's $30,000 per month subsidy was to be increased to $50,000 in the near future. Will that be enough to keep all these relatives up in the style to which they have become accustomed?
Concerned Resident

Brentwood, TN

#7 May 17, 2009
TV Cat wrote:
Why are we beating about the bush? It's time everyone knew that Bob Snodgrass, former POA President had a hot and heavy affair with Doug Petterson's mother, Lisa Patterson, when Lisa was manager of the Yacht Club Restaurant. After getting caught and divorced by Snodgrass's wife, Bob married Lisa and the restaurant was turned over to her son, Doug Patterson, to manage. Bob was voted off the board after the scandal but apparently POA is keeping it all in the family. I heard that Patterson's $30,000 per month subsidy was to be increased to $50,000 in the near future. Will that be enough to keep all these relatives up in the style to which they have become accustomed?
Are you sure her name is not Gail Woolwine that married Bob Snodgrass, that is what we heard.
TV Cat

United States

#8 May 18, 2009
Heck, what to I know. I don't pal around with people like that. I'm just repeating the story on the grapevine. If her name was Woolwine, how come her son's name is Patterson? Or is she a serial fornicator? Or have we had more than one hot manager of the Club? Ask Mr. Hands. He hired her. Wanna guess why?
Fleeced

Sevierville, TN

#9 May 18, 2009
TV Cat wrote:
Heck, what to I know. I don't pal around with people like that. I'm just repeating the story on the grapevine. If her name was Woolwine, how come her son's name is Patterson? Or is she a serial fornicator? Or have we had more than one hot manager of the Club? Ask Mr. Hands. He hired her. Wanna guess why?
You have one great sense of humor and I have not laughed this much in a long time.
had it

Louisville, TN

#10 May 18, 2009
to tv cat You just gave me the best laugh I've had all day. Add Cotton Hunt to the mix, his wife is related to either Patterson or Patterson's wife. I had it all written down to try to get all the connections straight but I can't find the paper.
Conflict of Interest

Germany

#11 May 18, 2009
Bob Snodgrass married Gail Woolwine.
Gail Woolwine's daughter married Doug Patterson.
Doug Patterson's sister is Maggie P. Hunt.
Maggie P. Hunt is married to Cotton Hunt.
-Bet Christmas Dinner is Interesting-
That's when the following years restaurant contract is hashed out!
Jeff Durrie

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 May 18, 2009
Many Questions wrote:
After a rocky start Doug Patterson has in last two years am proud to go to and bring guests. He has provided a varied menu in an attempt to appeal to all tastes. I would not call it a five star restaurant but it is comparable or better in price and quality to than most of the restaurants available within a 30 to 40 min drive. We were there last Friday night and the service was very good even after they had suffered a power failure. If your not happy tell Doug and give him suggestions on how he could improve. It is you restaurant and with lack of support it could get back to what we had a few years ago.
box lunch

Louisville, TN

#13 May 18, 2009
Jeff happy to hear you've had a good experience at the yacht Club. But that does not answer the burning question as to why it's still showing red ink. I don't want to dine there and then have part my assessment go to subsidize what has been reported as a loosing buiness. If Patterson is doing such a great job, why do we need, to pay any expenses to run the place, it should stand on it's own period.
Yacht Club Contract

Maryville, TN

#14 May 18, 2009
The TV Yacht Club contract runs from 2007 to 2012.
We have already paid a total of $276,000 thru 2008 and are obligated to pay an additional $450,000 for 2009-2012. Total $725,000. Our 5 year budget also includes an additional $170,000 per year for 2013 Total $896,000. No audit no accountability. And Patterson is Son-in-Law to Snodgrass.
Many Questions wrote:
Many Questions

Englewood, TN

#15 May 20, 2009
Jeff Durrie wrote:
<quoted text>
After a rocky start Doug Patterson has in last two years am proud to go to and bring guests. He has provided a varied menu in an attempt to appeal to all tastes. I would not call it a five star restaurant but it is comparable or better in price and quality to than most of the restaurants available within a 30 to 40 min drive. We were there last Friday night and the service was very good even after they had suffered a power failure. If your not happy tell Doug and give him suggestions on how he could improve. It is you restaurant and with lack of support it could get back to what we had a few years ago.
There are many restaurants within 20-25 miles that are excellent. The food is consistently good & prices are lower. There's Bone Fish Grill, Connor's, Parkside Grille & in Maryville there's Foothills Milling Co. & R. T. Lodge to name a few. Lenoir City has Lord Lindsay. all the Yacht Club has is a view. Too bad we can't get a decent meal there. I've tried it too many times in the last year & it wasn't any better. I'm tired of wasting my money. It won't improve until we get new management!!
TV Cat

United States

#16 May 20, 2009
Don't forget Calhoun's in Lenoir City. Last time we went there their food and prices were better than the Yacht Club's and even their drinks at Happy hour were cheaper.And have you ever tried the monster sized hamburgers served at the service station on the hill just across the dam after 5 PM?(East side)they are fabulous.
honest question

Conyers, GA

#17 May 20, 2009
box lunch wrote:
Jeff happy to hear you've had a good experience at the yacht Club. But that does not answer the burning question as to why it's still showing red ink. I don't want to dine there and then have part my assessment go to subsidize what has been reported as a loosing buiness. If Patterson is doing such a great job, why do we need, to pay any expenses to run the place, it should stand on it's own period.
are you insane?? no expenses to subsidize a food/beverage business in a village our size? especially considering the size of the building and what else it has been used for. the heating/cooling alone would drive any resteraunt into the red. get a clue dummy!!! or keep stamping your feet like a child!!! you look foolish either way!!!
really

Louisville, TN

#18 May 20, 2009
to honest guestion, I guess I will keep stamping my feet. Why was that white elephant built if it can't pay for it's existance. Shut that thing down then, I don't really care !!! STAMP, STAMP, STAMP
honest question

Conyers, GA

#19 May 20, 2009
it was built to attract buyers in the early years. it was never meant to be a self-sustaining entity. obviously you would know this if you really cared about TV. it is a shame a few people want to tear down what has been a lovely place to live.
Pay

Sevierville, TN

#20 May 20, 2009
honest question wrote:
<quoted text>
are you insane?? no expenses to subsidize a food/beverage business in a village our size? especially considering the size of the building and what else it has been used for. the heating/cooling alone would drive any resteraunt into the red. get a clue dummy!!! or keep stamping your feet like a child!!! you look foolish either way!!!
Sorry, but you are the nut in this case! According to an email written by Winston Blazer, in 2008, the three restaurants (Toqua, Tanasi, Yacht Club) generated approximately $1.7+ million. All with an exclusive, recurring, captive audience. The operator received an additional $170,000 in management fees. The only overhead was food, liquor, wait staff and small wares (broken plates, glasses, etc.). The POA paid for just about every other expense including, rent, utilities, maintenance, cleaning, equipment repair/replacement, insurance and more. Perhaps you do not have a background in the restaurant business, or for that matter, any type of business. In my book, this type of revenue with the lack of overhead expense as described above should result in a huge net income which is probably being split several different ways when looking at the family relationships between the upper management employees and a previous Board Member which is still on the finance committee. Where else, but Tellico Village. What a SCAM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tellico Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LHS Rapist 6 hr LittleStarr 4
Joe Pace 11 hr Go panthers 2
2 toned 01 cobra with cowl hood 18 hr Fastest Cars In Lc 32
Lenoir City = Mexican Dump (Aug '10) Sat Born in Oak Ridge 64
News Lenoir City pain clinics defend their practice ... (Oct '11) Apr 23 xxx 25
Good Dentist Apr 22 Newtoarea 1
Tellico Village helps school in Kenya (Apr '14) Apr 5 TV Res 18
More from around the web

Tellico Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE