Tellico Village

Posted in the Tellico Village Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TV Lover

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

11

3

3

A friend who will be visiting us this summer called to ask what is going on here. Our laundry is all over the internet and it does not look good. Where are our elected Directors? Our Directors are going along like evrything is fine. Somebody has to step forward and show some leadership. Reasonable people can disagree with civility. We need to sit some responsible & respected people down. Property owners only. No employees, no attorneys. We need to define the proplems and research solutions. Not solutions that make anyone right or wrong or good and bad. We need a small group of property owners who will get to the bottom of the problems and offer solutions acceptable to all. Solutions which will restore confidence in our village and each other.
Lets Fix This Mess

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

17

15

4

You are right and there are a bunch of us willing to sit down and discuss this and put an end to this madness. The problem is we do not have leadership in this community. The President of the Board has his own agenda and that is covering up something at the POA he does not want the community to know. He alone could end this madness, but he sits at home, not caring about the community, going on with his life. He is an extremely wealthy man (probably the richest in Tellico Village and possibly Loudon County) and does not care if his home value goes down, because what is a million dollars to people with his wealth. Not much, so he does not care. He is not doing anything, whatsoever, to end this madness and denying access to the records to prove there is no fraud or theft is the PROOF. Mr. Marlette, go on and enjoy the rest of your life and let this place go down the crapper. It will go down in history, the

MARLETTE FAMILY IS RESPONSIBLE
Concerned Resident

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Agree Agree Agree
Hit the Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

11

2

TV Lover - If you want this madness to end, get Marlette to release the records which we have a legal right to access. Once the appropriate records are released, this madness will end shortly thereafter. Until the records are release, the madness will continue with no end in sight.
New POA Member

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Being new, I am not sure that I have all of the facts, but what I gather is that the finances of TV are top secret. I'm very confused as to why no one can crack this case. Either there is nothing wrong going on so therefore, no problem sharing this info, OR something IS going on which explains all of the denials relative to making the numbers known. We aren't living in the dark ages. How can this be happening?(My philosophy is that something right and good, one doesn't have to hide.)Is there not a neutral accounting firm that audits the books annually? Does nothing get published for members?
New POA Member

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Annual Audit Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good questions you are asking. You would think having an annual audit would protect the property owners from being cheated. The problem is, the POA is not abiding by the "Sarbanes Oxley Act" which suggest that a company change accounting firms every five years to prevent the auditors from getting lazy at what they are reviewing and having personal relationships with the Management, which causes them to be more lax. The POA has had the same Audit Firm for over 15 years. They refuse to switch which would initially make a normal person wonder why. Many property owners have questioned this over and over, and they refuse to change. This would have pleased many property owners and you have to ask why, would they not even consider this simple task.
Unfortunately an annual audit does not detect fraud. When a group of property owners made it public knowledge that possible fraud was happening here in Tellico Village by the staff at the POA. When the audit firm of Warren & Tallent were informed that the case of fraud was brought to the attention of the District Attorney General’s office, the firm got scared and must have feared a lawsuit against them similar to the Enron scandal. At the April, 2009 Board meeting five of the principals including the owner did an hour presentation to the property owners to explain that they do not perform a fraud audit. If there was fraud, they would probably not find it because they only audit what the General Manager ask them to audit. They do sampling of several items and that is the normal scope of any annual audit of a company with revenues of our size. They explicitly stated how they would not be responsible if fraud was taking place, because again, they are not looking for fraud, nor do they perform a fraud audit. Hope this helps answer your question.
Thanks for your response. However, an accounting firm will perform an audit for which ever level of audit they are paid. In other words, if I am correct, a certified audit could be performed if the POA is willing to pay for it. It sounds as if the accounting firm is merely doing a review. Not much liability associated with that. Also it's quite interesting that the accounting firm stated at a meeting that they are not looking for fraud. Any good accountant who is thorough and technical can indentify when sound accounting practice is not being used. That almost smacks of 'don't blame us, we just flip a few papers around. I'd be interested in knowing what types of sampling they did. I also find your comment intereting that the firm stated that they only audit what the General Manager tells them to. WHAT? There are no checks and balances with this system. Who signs the POA checks? Who's signatures are on the operating accounts? And how many signatures are required? I have many questions here. How long has the Attorney General been involved? This is very serious that it's gotten to this point. The fun will start if the Attorney General gets in and starts digging around. Talk about a 'fraud audit'!! Would be interesting. Thanks again for clarifying a few things for me.
To New POA Member

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

2

You mentioned getting the Attorney General involved. His help was sought. His response was he was to busy to get to it so he turned all of the information given to him over to the POA and directed them to do their own investigation into themselves. The report they made to members was that they found no evidence of wrong doing.

There are many different topics or threads on this Topix site. Find the one that is titled "What did District Attorney Russell do?" You'll get the idea of how he chose to handle the concern of Tellico Village residents.

You asked, does nothing get published for members?
The POA publishes what they choose to publish. The residents have requested access to records the POA does not publish. They have been repeatedly denied access to records that could put their concerns to rest. The latest denial from the General Manager was posted and can be downloaded and viewed at:
http://www.youshare.com/tellicovillage/14efc7...

You asked all the right questions and your assumptions are correct. If there is nothing to hide why hide it? Keep asking questions!
Very Worried

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

5

There are NO checks and balances! That is why the property owners are so upset. The General Manager has the authority to sign checks up to $50,000 without any other approvals. More if the items was previously approved in the annual budget. Who signs checks you ask - Winston Blazer (GM), and Cotton Hunt (Finance Director). Two peas in a pod. One cannot operate without the knowledge of the other. The current President can also sign checks. Attorney General you say,,,please read>
http://vanshaver.com/russell_johnson.htm
Board Meeting

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 8, 2009
 

Judged:

5

1

1

I too was at the Board meeting where 5 guys from the our cpa firm spoke for an hour covering their buns. They explained how they DO NOT AUDIT FOR FRAUD and said they would not be the ones to find it because they are not looking for it. You could tell they were covering themselves out of fear for being sued. Winston Blazer tells them what to audit, only. Is that not interesting, Winston Blazer tells them what to audit. We need an independent audit firm to do a FULL FRAUD audit so us people feel comfortable again. I am sure many of us would be willing to pay for this. With 7,000 property owners, it would only cost us a few bucks. People, would it not be worth it???????
Give It A Rest

Kingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

5

5

5

These are the facts published in the newspaper as I understand them:

FACT: The self-appointed Tellico Village "Watch Dog Group", composed of a small number of residents, is unhappy with the way TV conducts business. The Group contacted the Attorney General's Office to make specific charges of wrongdoing against the TVPOA.

FACT: The Attorney General's Office came to Loudon and investigated the charges made by the "Watch Dog Group."

FACT: After a thorough investigation, the Attorney General's Office ruled the charges to be unfounded and closed the case.

FACT: It's over. Give it a rest.
Hit the Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

6

3

1

Give it a Rest indeed. NONE of your "FACTS" are facts. The Watch Dog Group went to the Attorney General with concerns, not specific charges. The Attorney General did NOT come to Loudon to investigate, he asked the POA to investigate itself. It was the POA, not the Attorney General, who said the the concerns were unfounded (did you really expect the fox to discover missing chickens from the hen house?). This is not over by a long shot.
Facts Versus Lies

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Give It A Rest wrote:
These are the facts published in the newspaper as I understand them:
FACT: The self-appointed Tellico Village "Watch Dog Group", composed of a small number of residents, is unhappy with the way TV conducts business. The Group contacted the Attorney General's Office to make specific charges of wrongdoing against the TVPOA.
FACT: The Attorney General's Office came to Loudon and investigated the charges made by the "Watch Dog Group."
FACT: After a thorough investigation, the Attorney General's Office ruled the charges to be unfounded and closed the case.
FACT: It's over. Give it a rest.
The article in the Village Connection was comments made by Joe Marlette. They are not facts, as the POA tends to make statements without any proof to back them up. Unfortunately, they will skew words and twist facts to benefit themselves.
The Attorney General's office did not do an investigation, but allowed Bud Gilbert to handle the entire matter. How stupid is that? Bud Gilbert is Winston Blazer's defense attorney and lifetime friend. It does not matter what Joe Marlette tells the Property Owner's the outcome of the investigation. The Property Owner's still have a right to review or see records. It is Tennessee law. The fact is, the POA will not allow anyone to review records and WHY? If there is nothing to hide, then WHY? How many times do we have to say this. Why is the POA denying a review of the 2008 invoices? Not copies, just a look. WHY? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?
This is not over and will never be over until Joe Marlette allows a review of certain records. Again, no one has asked to see payroll or such records, only the invoices. What has the POA written checks in 2008 that they do not want any one to see. That is what we are talking about?
New Glasses

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

Give It A Rest wrote:
These are the facts published in the newspaper as I understand them:
FACT: The self-appointed Tellico Village "Watch Dog Group", composed of a small number of residents, is unhappy with the way TV conducts business. The Group contacted the Attorney General's Office to make specific charges of wrongdoing against the TVPOA.
FACT: The Attorney General's Office came to Loudon and investigated the charges made by the "Watch Dog Group."
FACT: After a thorough investigation, the Attorney General's Office ruled the charges to be unfounded and closed the case.
FACT: It's over. Give it a rest.
Fact: Obviously you need an eye exam and need an updated lens put in your glasses.
Suppositions Not Facts

Englewood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Give It A Rest wrote:
These are the facts published in the newspaper as I understand them:
FACT: The self-appointed Tellico Village "Watch Dog Group", composed of a small number of residents, is unhappy with the way TV conducts business. The Group contacted the Attorney General's Office to make specific charges of wrongdoing against the TVPOA.
FACT: The Attorney General's Office came to Loudon and investigated the charges made by the "Watch Dog Group."
FACT: After a thorough investigation, the Attorney General's Office ruled the charges to be unfounded and closed the case.
FACT: It's over. Give it a rest.
Don't you wish. It's not over! Could this be more POA board propaganda? You may think you know more than the rest of us but I spoke with a TN government official today who told me the DA has not completed his investigation nor made his report. If you know where the DA's actual report can be accessed, share that FACT with the rest of the Topix readers so that we may be as well informed as you are.
FACTS corrected

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Give It A Rest wrote:
These are the facts published in the newspaper as I understand them:
FACT: The self-appointed Tellico Village "Watch Dog Group", composed of a small number of residents, is unhappy with the way TV conducts business. The Group contacted the Attorney General's Office to make specific charges of wrongdoing against the TVPOA.
FACT: The Attorney General's Office came to Loudon and investigated the charges made by the "Watch Dog Group."
FACT: After a thorough investigation, the Attorney General's Office ruled the charges to be unfounded and closed the case.
FACT: It's over. Give it a rest.
YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG - go back and read the article again...

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv22/garyh...

After the watchdog group initially met with the District Attorney General (DAG), representatives from the DAG’s office held a meeting at the POA offices to discuss the watchdog groups concerns with the Board of Directors. The subject of this meeting was suppose to be about gaining access to the POA records and financial documents according to Tennessee Law regarding non-profit corporations. There was a list of items which had been presented to the DAG by the watchdog group and identified as “red flag” issues showing reasons why the group wanted to have access to the POA records. Unfortunately, the DAG provided this list of “red flag” items to the Board of Directors, Winston Blazer (General Manager) and Bud Gilbert (POA Attorney) at this meeting rather than keeping this information confidential. Are you saying that you think this was proper conduct by the DAG?

FACT - The DAG’s Office DID NOT do an investigation in any way, shape or form at the POA offices, nor did the DAG review any documents or financial records. Therefore any claims made by Joe Marlette, Winston Blazer or the POA stating otherwise would be untrue.

WHAT THE DAG DID - The DAG turned over all information received from the watchdog group (interviews with employees, tape recordings, and records of suspicious activity) and gave it all to the POA, i.e. Bud Gilbert (the POA attorney).
The Village Connection newspaper article that you refer to states that Joe Marlette made an announcement, not the DAG. If you have information regarding correspondence from the DAG, please share it with the rest of the community. The information reported in this newspaper article was nothing more than propaganda (again) from Joe Marlette and the POA without any backup to substantiate fact. Don’t you wonder why the author of the article did not contact any of the watchdog members? Mr. Wilkerson knows at least five of the past watchdog members by name and has their phone numbers. Remember, Mr. Wilkerson lives in Tellico Village. Somehow, this article was extremely one-sided. If you want to know the truth, you might want to ask both sides of this debate. This newspaper article states that “the POA will be sending their investigative report to the DAG!” How do you interpret this article as saying [the DAG did an investigation]?

And please don’t forget that the Tellico Village corporate bylaws provide for complete access to these records for all property owners, and Tennesse State Law provides the same. As a property owner in Tellico Village, do you really think it’s smart to turn a blind eye?

FACT - It’s not over!
Front Page News

Louisville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Give It A Rest wrote:
These are the facts published in the newspaper as I understand them:
FACT: The self-appointed Tellico Village "Watch Dog Group", composed of a small number of residents, is unhappy with the way TV conducts business. The Group contacted the Attorney General's Office to make specific charges of wrongdoing against the TVPOA.
FACT: The Attorney General's Office came to Loudon and investigated the charges made by the "Watch Dog Group."
FACT: After a thorough investigation, the Attorney General's Office ruled the charges to be unfounded and closed the case.
FACT: It's over. Give it a rest.
It's to bad that Knox County Law director Bill Lockett didn't work for Tellico Village. Here we have residents and board members that don't feel the General Manager should be held to a higher standard and that stealing is alright. Maybe we need an ethics committee here in the village.
Southern Boy

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Until the Board and Winston Blazer are facing a lawsuit that has any merit it will be "business as usual". All the mudslinging on this website will not change a thing.
A Very Fairy Tale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 10, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Tellico Village Showdown.

Special to the Village Connection

By: Worthy Willkering

After years of answering Watchdog allegations with a combination of flyers below the mailbox and selective access to POA information, a decision was made by the POA Board to follow the law and release EVERYTHING!
To set the scene for our readers, it was Monday, July 13th. The meeting was convened in the large POA conference room:
- Twenty or more Watchdoggers were in the audience
- At the center was a computer linked to the accounting system and the overhead screen.
- El Presidente was poised with gavel at a small table to the right
- Mr. Lee Gal sat at the left and restarted his billing stopwatch.
- Mr. Tahoe was attending to more important duties

At exactly 9AM, Mr. Fine Antz entered the conference room in a thong. His way to show - nothing to hide! Then it began, a question from the audience. Mr. Antz brought up the answering screen. Another question requiring a hard copy answer. Mr. Antz pulled back his chair and patiently them retrieved from files and displayed the requested documents on the table for review. As the days wore on El Presidente’s gavel descended in spite of itself. Mr. Gal alertly kept the billing watch in running.
For nearly two and a half days Mr. Antz patiently provided answers. Every question or even possibly an accusation flowed from his back. He clicked and shuffled for nearly three days.
At slightly after Noon on the third day the questions ceased. The stringer from WATE shook his head and dumped the VHS-C in the dumpster. The News-Sentinal reporter snarled like an Alpha dog at the chief Watchdog. Members of the famed Watchdog group were seen moving to their gas-guzzling SUVs as quietly as possible.

So ends a saga in the life of Tellico Village. No more updates will come from me.
New POA Member

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

A Very Fairy Tale wrote:
Tellico Village Showdown.
Special to the Village Connection
By: Worthy Willkering
After years of answering Watchdog allegations with a combination of flyers below the mailbox and selective access to POA information, a decision was made by the POA Board to follow the law and release EVERYTHING!
To set the scene for our readers, it was Monday, July 13th. The meeting was convened in the large POA conference room:
- Twenty or more Watchdoggers were in the audience
- At the center was a computer linked to the accounting system and the overhead screen.
- El Presidente was poised with gavel at a small table to the right
- Mr. Lee Gal sat at the left and restarted his billing stopwatch.
- Mr. Tahoe was attending to more important duties
At exactly 9AM, Mr. Fine Antz entered the conference room in a thong. His way to show - nothing to hide! Then it began, a question from the audience. Mr. Antz brought up the answering screen. Another question requiring a hard copy answer. Mr. Antz pulled back his chair and patiently them retrieved from files and displayed the requested documents on the table for review. As the days wore on El Presidente’s gavel descended in spite of itself. Mr. Gal alertly kept the billing watch in running.
For nearly two and a half days Mr. Antz patiently provided answers. Every question or even possibly an accusation flowed from his back. He clicked and shuffled for nearly three days.
At slightly after Noon on the third day the questions ceased. The stringer from WATE shook his head and dumped the VHS-C in the dumpster. The News-Sentinal reporter snarled like an Alpha dog at the chief Watchdog. Members of the famed Watchdog group were seen moving to their gas-guzzling SUVs as quietly as possible.
So ends a saga in the life of Tellico Village. No more updates will come from me.
Call 1-800 GET A LIFE!
Fanny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

AMEN! If they ain't hiding nothing, why don't they just release the documents? It's like Obama's birth certificate and college records. If he ain't hiding nothing, why don't he just release them and stop all the bickering. that is unless he really does have something to hide. Like going to college on a foreign student's scholarship. See, the Corruption goes all the way to the top. The theft and rip offs in the Village are minuscule compared to the wholesale looting of the national treasury that's going on, but it is still stealing all the same, in both cases. We might not be able to do anything about the national plunder, but we sure can get some action on the local front. Just watch us. Cause we intend to keep on keeping on until we get to the bottom of mess and clean it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Tellico Village Forum right now

Search the Tellico Village Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min 123pictures 124,121
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 6 hr Get Real 8,463
Dollar General in village (Aug '13) 20 hr TV res 41
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) Fri sally 58,245
Lenoir City's Jaylond Woods Fri Bob the builder 6
Jeff Darragh Fri I Know 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Fri bob 8,504
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tellico Village Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tellico Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••