Loudon County's first female mayor pr...

Loudon County's first female mayor praised as listener, mediator

There are 72 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Oct 26, 2012, titled Loudon County's first female mayor praised as listener, mediator. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

Loudon County Mayor Estelle Herron works in her office earlier this month at the County Office Building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Duh

Knoxville, TN

#61 Nov 1, 2012
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>You've known Estelle most of your life? Good!
Here is her candidate profile from the 2010 county mayor's race, in the News-Sentinel archives:
http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jul/18/estell...
Now will you please explain how Estelle Herron got a 4-year degree from a 2-year college?
Maybe she took the same classes over twice until she passed them?

Who cares!
Thanks for the link to the News Sentinel profile on Estelle, instead of focusing on what you think are lies I looked at what she said her big challenges were... hmmm...the school building program and delinquent properties.. where have I heard those two issues before..? I know.. it was in the recent News Sentinel article that none of you folks seem to like...

Pay attention now..

The writer researched what Estelle said she was going to do two years ago and then he asked her and other people whether she had addressed those issues including school building program and delinquent properties. She has satisfactorily addressed those issues so far, she still has more issues to deal with.. that's the point of the story.
Rabbit Reader

Cookeville, TN

#62 Nov 2, 2012
Duh wrote ...The writer researched what Estelle said she was going to do two years ago and then he asked her and other people whether she had addressed those issues including school building program and delinquent properties. She has satisfactorily addressed those issues so far, she still has more issues to deal with.. that's the point of the story".

The story offered NO proof just the opinion of another politican Jimmie Matlock and Estelle Herron's figent of her imagination. This story was pure fluff and PR.
The Real Goose

Charlotte, NC

#63 Nov 2, 2012
Rabbit Reader wrote:
Duh wrote ...The writer researched what Estelle said she was going to do two years ago and then he asked her and other people whether she had addressed those issues including school building program and delinquent properties. She has satisfactorily addressed those issues so far, she still has more issues to deal with.. that's the point of the story".
The story offered NO proof just the opinion of another politican Jimmie Matlock and Estelle Herron's figent of her imagination. This story was pure fluff and PR.
Undoubtedly somebody had a bit of trouble reading between the lines.
Matlock is quoted as saying nothing about those two-year goals. His only quote had to do with "quiet leadership".
Duh has GOT to be Estelle's blogger.
Duh

Knoxville, TN

#64 Nov 3, 2012
Read the story the Sentinel posted along with Estelle's profile before the election. In addition to school building program and delinquent taxes, Estelle also promised to improve communication between various departments in county government.

There are two reasons Jimmy Matlock is qualified to speak on Estelle's communication abilities. first, he deals with Loudon governmen... second he's an honest man.

Anyone of you folks want to call Jimmy a liar?
The Real Goose

Charlotte, NC

#65 Nov 3, 2012
No I don't think Jimmy Matlock is a liar, or a bad state rep either. Can the straw man arguments. This is pretty easy to understand.

If you're wanting to write a fluff article praising someone, you go look for people who will say only nice things. Where do you look?

You could go find a state rep who is up for reelection and has an opponent. That person wouldn't want to anger Estelle's supporters. Of course, the praise might also be rather mild. He wouldn't' want to anger her opponents either now would he? So he just might say something like "quiet leadership", and let it end there.

LOL! Couldn't Willett find a second person with
a mild compliment that he could quote?

Now go get ready for Tuesday's election. Your office should be pretty busy.
The Real Goose

Charlotte, NC

#66 Nov 3, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she took the same classes over twice until she passed them?
Who cares!
Did Estelle Herron lie to the voters about having a bachelors degree?

"Who cares!"
-Duh

I think that sums up what this thread has become.
my thoughts

Cookeville, TN

#67 Nov 3, 2012
Duh wrote ..."Anyone of you folks want to call Jimmy a liar?"
Jimmy Matlock is a businessman and salesman, and he's already gone back on his word when he said that he wasn't going to run again and then he changed his mind. He's well on his way to being a career politician something that he said he wouldn't do. As far as Estelle Herron is concerned, did you really think a good loyal Republican will bad mouth a fellow Republican, absolutely not! If Willett needed someone to say something good about her, he found a good politician with some safe answers.
Duh

Knoxville, TN

#68 Nov 4, 2012
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Did Estelle Herron lie to the voters about having a bachelors degree?
"Who cares!"
-Duh
I think that sums up what this thread has become.
Estelle is a woman.. wouldn't she get a bachelorette's degree?

You can't run the past election over again. If she runs again bring up the the issues of her degree, her ass etc. In the meantime, either lead ,follow or get out of the way. There is nothing to be gained through sour grapes.

Estelle may not be perfect but she's doing a good job in a difficult economy and she's not making her friends rich like Arp.

Giver her some positive encouragement or yo might be surprised who you get for your next mayor. There are lots of real crooks hiding out in the shadows of Loudon County just waiting for Estelle to stumble so that they can bring the good ole boys back into power.
The Real Goose

Charlotte, NC

#69 Nov 4, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Estelle is a woman.. wouldn't she get a bachelorette's degree?
You can't run the past election over again. If she runs again bring up the the issues of her degree, her ass etc. In the meantime, either lead ,follow or get out of the way. There is nothing to be gained through sour grapes.
Estelle may not be perfect but she's doing a good job in a difficult economy and she's not making her friends rich like Arp.
Giver her some positive encouragement or yo might be surprised who you get for your next mayor. There are lots of real crooks hiding out in the shadows of Loudon County just waiting for Estelle to stumble so that they can bring the good ole boys back into power.
After reading this one, I realized DUH might not be Estelle's blogger in the elections office after all.

This might just be Van Shaver, whom Estelle as trustee snitched to for the 4 years Arp was mayor and Shaver was attacking.
Duh

Knoxville, TN

#70 Nov 5, 2012
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>After reading this one, I realized DUH might not be Estelle's blogger in the elections office after all.
This might just be Van Shaver, whom Estelle as trustee snitched to for the 4 years Arp was mayor and Shaver was attacking.
yea that's it.. you caught me red handed trying to pretend to be two different people at once.. Estelle never snitched to me.. I mean to that Shaver guy .. no maybe I am Shaver .. aren't we all Van Shaver in one way or another.. or isn't he us.. I looked in the mirror but i couldn't tell.
At least now you have something else to talk about except Estelle!
The Real Goose

Charlotte, NC

#71 Nov 5, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
At least now you have something else to talk about except Estelle!
That should read: "......something to talk about BESIDES Estelle."

That's a great Van Shaver impersonation, bad grammar and all.
just saying

Clinton, TN

#72 Nov 6, 2012
It doesn't take an IQ 20 points higher than original Loudon County residents, it just takes common sense..............

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tellico Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Doug Guider Thu robbie 3
Lenoir City Police Shoots A Man Jun 28 Get Over It 86
Greenback Music Thread (Sep '13) Jun 28 Musikologist 9
Poll Favorite Knoxville Meteorologist (past or present) (Aug '11) Jun 28 Shirley 4
Sheila White (May '12) Jun 23 Sheila Lewis White 26
Zack Tapp Jun 20 Mad 9
Realtors May '16 Deidramess 1

Tellico Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tellico Village Mortgages