Review: Tellico Beach Drive-In

Posted in the Tellico Plains Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sherri37385

Tellico Plains, TN

#1 Apr 3, 2010
The Tellico Beach Drive- In is a legend in the small town of Tellico Plains. It is located on the banks of the beautiful Tellico River and the Cherohala Skyway. The Beach is famous for their footlong hotdogs and homemade slaw. Their bacon Beach Burgers w/cheese are delicious. They serve Mayfield ice cream and coke products.

Several generations of local girls and boys have worked at the Beach when they were growing up. During the summers there is a swimming hole that you can swim in and picnic tables are set up all along the river banks. On Sunday nights after church many families come to the Beach for ice creams.
The Beach is a gathering place for teens and families on Friday and Saturday nights.

I would recommend a visit to the Tellico Beach Drive-In if you are in East TN, Monroe Co. or Tellico Plains area. After you eat you can take a beautiful drive up the Tellico River or Cherohala Skyway.
Tellico Native

Vonore, TN

#2 Apr 3, 2010
I agree with Sherri about Tellico Beach. Not only are the hamburgers good,everything they fix is just as good,chicken tenders/ff,hamburger steak baskets,fish baskets all serverd with ff,slaw is also included with several of the baskets. It is really nice to have a good place to go at night for a good meal when you are tired or don't want to cook.
LMAO

Mobile, AL

#3 Apr 6, 2010
Tellico Beach Drive-In USED to have good food.
Not any more.
They have changed ownership several times since the good ol days when they were a legend.
Tellico Native

Vonore, TN

#4 Apr 6, 2010
LMAO--The Beach Drive-in has not changed hands several times---only once.Disagree with you on the food-it is still good.
LMAO

Mobile, AL

#5 Apr 6, 2010
Tellico Native wrote:
LMAO--The Beach Drive-in has not changed hands several times---only once.Disagree with you on the food-it is still good.
Slaw dogs now suck, and the burgers end up pink inside, maybe when they get sued or shut down people like you will see the problem.

Also there is always broken glass and sewage in the water near the place.
flyonwall

Tellico Plains, TN

#6 Apr 7, 2010
The beach still has good food and is run by a top notch person.
LMAO

Mobile, AL

#7 Apr 7, 2010
I am now under the suspicion that this thread is being padded with good words about "The Beach" by someone who is connected to the owner of the establishment.
TELLICO BEAR

Loudon, TN

#8 Apr 29, 2010
LMAO You are one sick or just plan stupid person quit making up lies if you don't like it just stay away!! GOOD GRIEF
The beach has really good food and it is hot made fresh when you order,the owners are really good people,you can't believe everything you hear.
Tellico Native

Vonore, TN

#9 Apr 30, 2010
lmao. this is not being padded by anyone connected to the Beach Drive In,but honest opinions by people that have eaten there for many years and love the food they fix.
jane smith

Tellico Plains, TN

#10 May 1, 2010
LMAO wrote:
I am now under the suspicion that this thread is being padded with good words about "The Beach" by someone who is connected to the owner of the establishment.
i am a native of tellico and have eat at the beach lots of time and have never seen sewage in the river food has always been top notch and everything very clean if it wasnt my family would not eat there i know a lot of people who come from out of town just to eat there
Camper

United States

#11 May 2, 2010
The little lady wanted me to take her to a place to eat she had never been before so I walked her to the kitchen.
Tellico Native

Vonore, TN

#12 May 8, 2010
Camper--Your remark was stupid. I'm sure you wife if you are married has been in the kitchen many times.
Camper

United States

#13 May 15, 2010
I am so busted. Do you know me? Yes, she has been to the kitchen many times. That is where I keep the Pabst Blue Ribbon.

For a long life, be happy, exercise and eat healthy foods. So I drink pleanty of PBR, hike the national forest and NEVER eat out.

That is it. I have heard enough about buy outs, bail outs and eat outs!
Camper

United States

#14 May 15, 2010
To the credit of both drive-in restaurants, I usually leave the NF at day break. At this early hour, both are already prepping for the day. I have always admired them for that.
alhoa3

Sevierville, TN

#15 May 19, 2010
Tellico Beach Drive-In is a rare find. It is so charming, and such a part of being a Tellico Plains resident. So may things are commercialized, big, and impersonal. Tellico Beach Drive-In is still truly a hometown business, and true Tellico people are thankful to have it! Long live "The Beach!"
Jim Siener

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 23, 2010
Some buddies and I did a bike trip oct 09 and ate at the beach drive in. Only ate there the one time but the food was great!! Area was clean . We ate at the picnic tables and looked out across the water and noticed nothing bad or out of the ordinary. I think LMAO who's posting the derogatory comments is really just being a horses ass.
Slim

Schaumburg, IL

#17 Dec 4, 2010
I read all of this prety funny myself. Personally I think after all these years the "each" should do some sort of remodeling... atleast some new coats of paint. The food is 2 to 3 Star at the most. The cook time has never been fast with my Burgers .. the only food served fast in my opinion is the hotdogs/fries. 4 out of 5 milkshakes I [ or someone else] has ordered usually are wrong and/or mis-placed. This unlike some reviews is my honest thoughts.
Yes the Beach is a local legend, wen it comes to memories and good people, however in 15 years I have yet to see any improvement. Usually 1-3 workers are working their tails off while 4-6 of the employees are twindlin' their thumbs. What does that tell you on the grade of service and food quality? Honestly?

Since: Dec 10

United States

#18 Dec 13, 2010
I kno this is an old post but as a former employee the beach makes food fresh to order and always gets good marks on inspections. We cleaned that place top to bottom every day the owner is a good woman who works hard and treats her employees well
FFFFUUUUUUUUU

Mobile, AL

#19 Feb 13, 2011
I used to eat chili-slaw dogs from there for 20 years.
In recent years that particular dish has gone to crap.
So don't give me no bullshit about how all their food is as good as ever.
outlander2010

Vonore, TN

#20 Mar 3, 2011
Camper wrote:
The little lady wanted me to take her to a place to eat she had never been before so I walked her to the kitchen.
You are always so funny....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tellico Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
❤ Etowah (Aug '16) 8 hr Questions 6
Mysterious person Nov 14 Justcurious_conce... 1
Looking for old school mate DANA BRADEN AKA DUK... Nov 14 Joe 1
ISO Thomas Jefferson (TJ) Holley or Family of M... Nov 10 Lara Morton 1
Looking for Contractors in Madisonville TN Area... Nov 8 Moco 2
Reelect Tommy Joe Sheriff (Sep '15) Nov 4 Help 14
McConkey Street Dogs Nov 2 Who cares 2

Tellico Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance