Drunk driver pleads guilty in boy's d...

Drunk driver pleads guilty in boy's death

There are 11 comments on the The Cherokee Scout story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Drunk driver pleads guilty in boy's death. In it, The Cherokee Scout reports that:

SCOTT WALLACE/Cherokee Scout A tearful Grady Anderson a " grandfather of Brady Singleton, who was killed after Nicholas Brumbley hit an ATV being driven by Anderson with Singleton as a passenger a " tells ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cherokee Scout.

Susie

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2009
I think the jail time was crazy, these people should have gotten the death penalty no questions asked. I would say if this had been the Judge's son or grandson things nsure would have been different. Drug useers have spent more time than this in jail. It just does not make sense.
GENO36

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Drunk Drivers should face the same jail time as someone who kills with a gun. They always say: o i didn't mean to hurt anyone. They know when they take that first swallow they are going to have more and should have someone else take them home. If you drink and drive you are the same as the robber with a loaded gun. Sooner or later it's going to go off and kill someone and if you're real lucky it will be YOU.
bump

Cleveland, TN

#4 Feb 12, 2009
What about the fact that old man Grady had a child too young to be on an ATV riding on a public road (illegal)?
I think that it was the fault of Grady and the dumbasses who happened to accidentally hit them were drunk and had to flee the scene, if they had been sober the accident would have still happened but they would have not been charged.
This is a good lesson of how you leave yourself vulnerable when driving drunk as well as endangering everybody else.
WNCTNMom

United States

#5 Jun 18, 2009
In response to Bump, Athens, TN: You said the drunks would not have been charged if they had not been drinking. They ran over 2 people, caused a death and a critical injury and fled the scene to avoid getting caught. Surely you don't believe they were completely innocent & the only thing they did wrong was driving while drunk. You obviously love to drink & defend it. They were driving 20 miles over the speed limit on a gravel road. Do you reaize how dangerous that is? After the 4-wheeler was in sight, the driver waited 4-5 seconds to hit the brake. The accident would not have happened if they had been sober because there was plenty of time to stop the vehicle. Alcohol slowed the driver's response time. The whole hit-and-run happened because of alcohol. Brady would still be alive if they weren't drinking. How can you claim they did nothing wrong? They killed a beautiful child. The drunks didn't stop to offer help after running over them. To me, that is unforgivable. Brady would be alive today if they had offered heop because he had no injuries. He was trapped under the 4-wheeler & needed someone to lift it off him. All 3 of the drunks are big & strong and could have done this easily. Normal people would stop & help. These people have no regard for human life other than their own. Brady drowned because they didn't care if they had injured anyone. I believe that is their true nature because drinking wouln't change the basic instincts of a person. I hope you will check facts before making ridiculous comments in the future. It is obvious that you know nothing about what really occurred. You are also rude & disrespectful (old man Grady). Do you still believe they should not have been charged with a crime & did nothing wrong?
justbeingme

Athens, TN

#6 Jun 22, 2012
All I can say is that if it was the kids time to go nothing was going to change that, the lord was just ready to have him in heaven as opposed to this dreaded world, we are supposed to cry at birth and rejoice at death. Think about that.
justbeingme

Athens, TN

#7 Jun 22, 2012
GENO36 wrote:
Drunk Drivers should face the same jail time as someone who kills with a gun. They always say: o i didn't mean to hurt anyone. They know when they take that first swallow they are going to have more and should have someone else take them home. If you drink and drive you are the same as the robber with a loaded gun. Sooner or later it's going to go off and kill someone and if you're real lucky it will be YOU.
He is facing the same amount of time, almost 16 years. That is plenty of jail time for an accident.
smith1

Cleveland, TN

#8 Jun 23, 2012
justbeingme wrote:
All I can say is that if it was the kids time to go nothing was going to change that, the lord was just ready to have him in heaven as opposed to this dreaded world, we are supposed to cry at birth and rejoice at death. Think about that.
I can't imagine the family rejoicing over drunk drivers killing their son, and as reported by the Polk County news when the 2 men were arrested said, "They knew what they had done and thought it was funny."
smith1

Cleveland, TN

#9 Jun 23, 2012
justbeingme wrote:
<quoted text>
He is facing the same amount of time, almost 16 years. That is plenty of jail time for an accident.
The driver only recieved 12 something years. There is no amount of years that can make up for this family's loss. It was not an accident as you said. It was a caused crash by people who were drunk. Then, on top of that, they fled the scene leaving 2 people to die. The grandfather, if I am not mistaken, spent weeks in a hospital and rehab. I cannot imagine what this family has gone through. Drunk driving has affected my family also. 2 deaths and 1 maimed for life. I am for more time for drunk drivers. These men had as their goal to drink and drive. They chose before hand to drink and drive. If not this family that day, it would have been someone else, maybe even you. Society shouldn't have to put up with such behavior.
His friend

Athens, TN

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Susie wrote:
I think the jail time was crazy, these people should have gotten the death penalty no questions asked. I would say if this had been the Judge's son or grandson things nsure would have been different. Drug useers have spent more time than this in jail. It just does not make sense.
That is crazy it was an accident yes he was drunk but that is a little overboard for a drunk driver he'll half the people in our country get DUIs so should they get the death penalty too???? No stupid people aggravate me.
His friend

Athens, TN

#11 Apr 11, 2013
smith1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine the family rejoicing over drunk drivers killing their son, and as reported by the Polk County news when the 2 men were arrested said, "They knew what they had done and thought it was funny."
You know what I know this man personally I know his entire family and you said they thought it was funny? You have to be kidding me. He flipped out he was mortified he didn't know what to do he never thought it was funny not for a minute and yes he got 12-15 years and he will probably serve the entirety of his sentence. He really is a nice guy just sometimes shit happens
His friend

Athens, TN

#12 Apr 11, 2013
smith1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The driver only recieved 12 something years. There is no amount of years that can make up for this family's loss. It was not an accident as you said. It was a caused crash by people who were drunk. Then, on top of that, they fled the scene leaving 2 people to die. The grandfather, if I am not mistaken, spent weeks in a hospital and rehab. I cannot imagine what this family has gone through. Drunk driving has affected my family also. 2 deaths and 1 maimed for life. I am for more time for drunk drivers. These men had as their goal to drink and drive. They chose before hand to drink and drive. If not this family that day, it would have been someone else, maybe even you. Society shouldn't have to put up with such behavior.
okay so if your drunk and you fall then it isn't an accident right? If your drunk and you do something stupid like cheat on your significant other than its not an accident if your drunk and do anything that you wouldn't do right minded than it is not accident because clearly you did it on purpose then huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tellico Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Madisonville family asks for help finding missi... 15 hr Jed 1
drug dealers (Apr '15) Feb 2 the wanderer 5
Alicia Smith & Jeremy Boyd (Jan '10) Jan 22 Could care less 14
Thank you Sheriff Jones for turning the SQHS pr... (May '15) Jan 21 GOOD OLE WALT 21
Mayor Tim Yates: What grade do you give him so ... (Oct '10) Jan 19 craig 21
Don't be stupid vote for Sheriff Tommy Jones! Jan '16 Jones Boys 10
Five Footers (Jun '15) Jan '16 not a big girl 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tellico Plains Mortgages