4th grader says students threatened h...

4th grader says students threatened her with knives at Monroe County school

There are 7 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Nov 10, 2011, titled 4th grader says students threatened her with knives at Monroe County school. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

TELLICO PLAINS A student at Tellico Plains Elementary School in Monroe County says two students threatened her with knives in the cafeteria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

Lisa Heath

Tellico Plains, TN

#1 Nov 29, 2011
Marie I agree with you, I lived there for 7 years and I saw that firsthand...its a 'good ole boys' network in monroe county
Lisa Heath

Tellico Plains, TN

#2 Nov 29, 2011
Okay, so in Monroe county a child can bring a knife to school and its OK, but in Knox County a child can make spit wads and shoot them from a straw and that child is punished for a having a "deadly weapon"....wheres the common sense ???
marie

Tellico Plains, TN

#3 Nov 29, 2011
In Monroe county it's all about who you are and who you know.
WillowSleep

Tellico Plains, TN

#4 Nov 29, 2011
This is only my opinion, of course, but there is a LARGE difference in bullying and the threat of bodily harm with a knife ! Punishing these children won't have much effect if they don't also punish the parents of these kids.....
turtlesp9

Tellico Plains, TN

#5 Nov 29, 2011
This isnt the first time that they have overlooked bulling. They dont do what is supost to be done in a bulling case. And I also believe the children with the knives bullied the little girl. Bulling runs rampant at those schools and it seems that nothing is being done.My heart goes out to the little girl. I have a child that is bullied continously with little or most of the time nothing being done. When are they going to use the rules that they have in place about these things. It is time that this behavior is stopped.
Mama

Tellico Plains, TN

#6 Nov 29, 2011
I rember when I was in 4th grade being threatend by a boy with a very sharp pencil. It scared the heck out of me. I can only imagine how that poor girl felt with a knife. I want to bet she was bullied and threaten by them before this. Anything is a weapon. It is in how it is use that should be looked at in the zero tollerance plan. And knifes and bb guns should sooooo be included. While bb guns may not infelct much physical damage there is the mental and emotional damage that is often worse.
Mad Memaw

Tellico Plains, TN

#7 Nov 29, 2011
They sure lucky it was not one of my kids!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tellico Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green Cove (Mar '12) May 15 Peach 3
fat girl dalila (richies man) (Jan '15) May 13 tofo 5
rick candolita May 13 tofo 3
Tiffany Jenkins May 1 Info 1
Housing Mar '17 Tknapp67 1
looking for a single woman no kids Mar '17 rocket man 1
I'm Looking to buy property.... CASH Mar '17 Downsizing want g... 1

Tellico Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance