A Message About Posting Abuse

Posted in the Tell City Forum

Mod21

Jasper, IN

#1 Aug 16, 2011
We have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of threads in this forum over the past few days. While we are happy to have forum participation from the people in your community we want you to know that some content is a violation of our terms of service and will not be allowed on our site.
Please refrain from posting private information, including their names, about others without their express permission. Derogatory comments, threats of harm, etc. towards others is also considered cyber bullying and against the law in your state.
We have already reached out to the principals at the local high schools and will be working with them to identify those that are abusing the forums. The smartest thing for you to do would be to stop now.
There are any number of topics that are perfectly legitimate for you to discuss and we welcome your ongoing participation in our community forums. However, making use of these forums in a manner for which they were not intended will result in your posts being removed, your account being banned, and in some cases could land you in much deeper trouble with the authorities.
Please think twice before posting anything that you will regret. Though you might think you are anonymous there are always ways of tracing your posts back to you.
For those wishing to have posts removed please click the "report abuse" link on the post in question. We review every report that we receive and act on them appropriately.
Thanks,
Moderator21
big nasty

Jasper, IN

#2 Aug 16, 2011
Nice
Get_Real

Santa Claus, IN

#3 Sep 30, 2014
Really? None of these rules are being enforced,how funny.
Cigarette Butt

Tell City, IN

#4 Sep 30, 2014
Fake
lol

Tell City, IN

#5 Sep 30, 2014
Mod21 wrote:
We have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of threads in this forum over the past few days. While we are happy to have forum participation from the people in your community we want you to know that some content is a violation of our terms of service and will not be allowed on our site.
Please refrain from posting private information, including their names, about others without their express permission. Derogatory comments, threats of harm, etc. towards others is also considered cyber bullying and against the law in your state.
We have already reached out to the principals at the local high schools and will be working with them to identify those that are abusing the forums. The smartest thing for you to do would be to stop now.
There are any number of topics that are perfectly legitimate for you to discuss and we welcome your ongoing participation in our community forums. However, making use of these forums in a manner for which they were not intended will result in your posts being removed, your account being banned, and in some cases could land you in much deeper trouble with the authorities.
Please think twice before posting anything that you will regret. Though you might think you are anonymous there are always ways of tracing your posts back to you.
For those wishing to have posts removed please click the "report abuse" link on the post in question. We review every report that we receive and act on them appropriately.
Thanks,
Moderator21
Someone already tried this last year. You aren't fooling anyone. If anything, you are encouraging name calling. My first reaction to this was to call you an idiot.
BiggerBrain

Vine Grove, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2014
I really wish this were true. I talked to the local sheriff and the department of cyber police and they told me just the other day unless you have video of the accused posting it that there is nothing NOTHING that could be done even if it were facebook or text from a phone they use so good luck with what ever you are trying to accomplish. I personally would like to see the people who continue to harass and bully people on this site to be either publicly humiliated or even hung from their necks until they are dead.We don't deserve this treatment and its a shame that they wont do nothing about it.We should consider asking who ever we plan to vote for from now on what they plan to do on this topic whether it be the local sheriff dept or someone in Frankfurt or hell even in Washington good luck.Only advice that I can give is be a bigger person and ignore the people doing this until something can be done. Hold your head up you know where you come from.
donnie

Madison, TN

#7 Oct 2, 2014
Blah blah blah
hmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 6, 2014
BiggerBrain wrote:
I really wish this were true. I talked to the local sheriff and the department of cyber police and they told me just the other day unless you have video of the accused posting it that there is nothing NOTHING that could be done even if it were facebook or text from a phone they use so good luck with what ever you are trying to accomplish. I personally would like to see the people who continue to harass and bully people on this site to be either publicly humiliated or even hung from their necks until they are dead.We don't deserve this treatment and its a shame that they wont do nothing about it.We should consider asking who ever we plan to vote for from now on what they plan to do on this topic whether it be the local sheriff dept or someone in Frankfurt or hell even in Washington good luck.Only advice that I can give is be a bigger person and ignore the people doing this until something can be done. Hold your head up you know where you come from.
I agree 100% But being social media bet they say they have no control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tell City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelli Preston 6 min Cannelton1 1
mistake 7 min s thoamasson 4
Ącyber shipsĄ 27 min Neutral 1
Prego and High 52 min Gracie 8
Kiersten Howe (Sep '12) 2 hr Lol 26
Lauren Jacob 2 hr She a ugly hohoho 9
Tiffany James (Feb '13) 2 hr Tc trash 7
More from around the web

Tell City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE