First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whatsthebigdeal

Ferdinand, IN

#1 Apr 13, 2013
Why do y'all make such a big dis over gays? God made them to after all. And if you say he didn't your f#ucked up on the head. You have child rapest and murderers out there and you wanna talk about gays going to hell? Get real! It's becoming normal. How would you like in if very one made fun of you for beig straight? Yeah...it's becoming the new norm and there is nothing anyone can do about it? Ban same sex marriage isn't going to stop them from being together, so how about you just accept it? You don't have to like it, but you certainly don't have to bash them either!!
ohWow

Tucker, GA

#2 Apr 13, 2013
I just need to know why you would feel the need to make this topix it just opened a window for nothing but bashing! Obviously I'm sure you know what people do on here....but hopefully it doesnt happen!!
African Dood

Tucker, GA

#3 Apr 13, 2013
Sometimes dey get dah poo poo on der pee pee. Den dah poo poo gets in der mouths when dey luck dah poo poo hole.
ohWow

Tucker, GA

#4 Apr 13, 2013
Yea because that's how we do it
Steve

Evansville, IN

#5 Apr 14, 2013
its against GOD's LAW, whats the big deal the answer is it's all SIN, but they r NOT MARRIED N GODS EYES, did u ever read the BIBLE GOD destroyed two city's because of gay's, GOD made everything, but sin is n the world, so thats why peop do what they do.
Yup

United States

#6 Apr 14, 2013
Someone opened window alright. "whatsthebigdeal"-pr obably wasn't a good idea to post such a topic. But here's my two cents anyway.

God's eyes, you say? Did you ever think that not every person worships the same religion as you do? If gay people from states that allow same-sex marriage aren't really married, then what about Atheists and Satanist? They are allowed to marry. Are they not really married either?
****Truth is that marriage is a LEGAL issue, not a RELIGIOUS issue. ANY TWO CONSENTING ADULTS should be allowed to enter a legal contract with one another.****
The only reason it's such a huge deal is because it's one way for the religious to put their opinions and beliefs onto those who do not share their views- a pattern seen throughout history.
I don't care what religion anyone practices, nor do I care what two adults do concerning their own personal relationship.
Instead of harping on homosexuals, why not seek to combat more issues that should considered the REAL dangers to the sanctity of marriage-divorce and infidelity? Perhaps sermons on children born out of wedlock would be an eye-opener as well? Sin is sin, right?
Then again, most people don't want to hear sermons about the problems within their own churches and lives.
Steve

Evansville, IN

#7 Apr 14, 2013
yup, it's not about religion, their is one GOD the one from the BIBLE, & as long as atheists & satanist r not the same sex they r married, your right on one thing sin is sin, there is lots of sins, but the topic was about gays & I just told the truth THEY R NOT MARRIED!!!!
ohWow

Tucker, GA

#8 Apr 14, 2013
Steve I am gay God created me and I tried for many years to push my sexuality out of my life you would never understand unless you were personally in my shoes...since I embraced my sexuality I have so much fun and my life is so bright, I pray to God every day frequently I have a relationship with God...he gave me this road to bring something to the world...try not to judge its sinful!! I don't mind you or your lifestyle, stay out of mine! I may or may not get married someday but my love for my partner will not change, my love for life will not change, and neither will my love for God change...I will still have all the things I love!
lbj

United States

#9 Apr 14, 2013
Okay...being gay is such a sin? Gays pray to god, they "follow the rules" and so on. Funny how people want to say gays are so sinful and should be outlawed when there are murdurs, druggies and chomos out there. If gays is the most of your worries you have seriouse problems.
commonsense

Tucker, GA

#10 Apr 14, 2013
Im a straight girl who doesnt understand why ppl stress over who other people are inlove with...love is love wether its "adam and steve" "eve and eva" or "adam and eve" If gays cant marry then straight ppl shouldnt be allowed divorce which is a SIN!!! WHY would someone choose a lifestyle that ppl do nothing but judge and hate upon?? I PROUDLY have a few gay friends and ther the most loyal..loving..honest ppl ive met! People need to mind ther own business and make sure theres no skeletons in ther closest before judging someone else! Make sure YOUR relationship with god is good b4 worrying about someone else and the way they choose.
Yup

Evansville, IN

#11 Apr 15, 2013
Steve wrote:
yup, it's not about religion, their is one GOD the one from the BIBLE, & as long as atheists & satanist r not the same sex they r married, your right on one thing sin is sin, there is lots of sins, but the topic was about gays & I just told the truth THEY R NOT MARRIED!!!!
Once again, my point on imposing ridiculous religious beliefs onto those who do not buy into the hype is proven.

Reading comprehension isn't your strength, is it? Not everyone believes in ***your*** "God". The only reason anyone is in a huff about it is because of the term "Marriage".

It is A LEGAL CONTRACT has NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION OR "GOD". You go to the court house for a marriage license, not the church. The church ritual is a formality for those who choose to have it.
Anyone who takes an online course can be a wedding officiant. True stuff, look it up.

Perhaps the legal wording should be changed for all such contracts. Then no one would be married just because they obtained a license from the court house. Both heterosexual and homosexual couples would receive a "Legal Union" license. Then the religious heteros can skip on down to the church and have their "Marriage".
Sounds fair to everyone. But that would be a problem, equality?

Why does it matter so much to you of they sin anyway? Shouldn't you be happy? I mean, that is just one more "sign" that your "savior" will be coming soon?
Oh wait, then YOUR OWN SINS will be judged! Worry about yourself and your family. Not everyone wants or needs or wants to be indoctrinated.

Besides, eventually marriage equality will happen. It may not be today or in the extremely near future. But it will eventually be legal in every state.
When it is, let me know if your world falls apart. I'm sure it won't.
skeletons

United States

#12 Apr 15, 2013
You are absolutely right everyone has skeletons. I as well follow the bible. I am not perfect and do have my fair share of mistakes from the past and present. But if you read the bible it does show that God does not believe in the gay way of life. It states many things that are frowned upon in Gods eyes. The subject of this post was not divorce or infidelity it was about being gay. I do not personally believe that God would make people gay I believe that is a choice to which you make you may be pulled on way or another and it is your decision to what you choose. Now I know you are not going to agree with me there but again it is my opinion. I am not the one who passes judgement that is for God. And when it is my turn to meet him he will judge me for all the wrong i have done as well. I do have several gay friends and they are very nice people I also have several straight friends and we have all had this discussion before. It is not for me to say this is right or wrong I am just stating my beliefs. May God bless you all.
Bill

Chandler, IN

#13 Apr 15, 2013
We all SIN!!!!, Read the BIBLE!!!!
ohMY

Tucker, GA

#14 Apr 15, 2013
Well also if your read the bible there is a beautiful verse that says something that God loved the world so much that he gave his only son and anyone who believe in him shall have everlasting life...I'm sure your could quote me something as well and maybe the city he destroyed didn't believe....and as far as me choosing to be this way all I can do is laugh because if you only knew! I can't just say oh I don't want to do this anymore let's find a girlfriend?? And the only argument people ever have about gays is because its supposedly against the Bible but if i recall I think God says to love thy neighbor and not to judge right, and if you take religion out of the equation which is how it should be in America because we have the freedom of religion than there shouldn't be a problem right...I mean maybe I'm chasing my tail here but I'm pretty sure I'm not!! We contribute to society just like anyone else...
Jamie

Clarksville, IN

#15 Apr 15, 2013
I think if you are born gay it's different. I know a woman who left her husband for a another woman and she has a child. That is wrong. She is a respectable member of society and works as a manager and has completely damaged her credibility.
realistic

Casablanca, Morocco

#16 Apr 15, 2013
The issue with 'the gays' as you want to call them, is not even religious. I keep seeing people quoting the bible when talking about this issue. Governmentally, marriage is a legal contract. Where does God come into that? The United States of America is a country made up of over 300 million people, and not all of them follow The Bible. Perhaps there is an Hindu gay man. Should he be denied the right to marry his loved one because YOUR religion forbids it?? It would be the same for you to be denied some right of yours because it isn't in accordance with Buddhist law. etc etc.
commonsense

United States

#17 Apr 15, 2013
skeletons wrote:
You are absolutely right everyone has skeletons. I as well follow the bible. I am not perfect and do have my fair share of mistakes from the past and present. But if you read the bible it does show that God does not believe in the gay way of life. It states many things that are frowned upon in Gods eyes. The subject of this post was not divorce or infidelity it was about being gay. I do not personally believe that God would make people gay I believe that is a choice to which you make you may be pulled on way or another and it is your decision to what you choose. Now I know you are not going to agree with me there but again it is my opinion. I am not the one who passes judgement that is for God. And when it is my turn to meet him he will judge me for all the wrong i have done as well. I do have several gay friends and they are very nice people I also have several straight friends and we have all had this discussion before. It is not for me to say this is right or wrong I am just stating my beliefs. May God bless you all.
I am 23 and was rasied in church my whole life...i know to many people who throughout the week ther mean to "thy neighbor".....cuss.....ac t anything other then a christian. Then come sunday morning there they are sitting in a pew saying amen..to ME thats a hypocrite!!!!!
Also this post isnt about divorce which i never said it was what i did say is if a man and a woman get married and decide they want a divorce (which is looked downupon in a church and gods eyes) then its ok..yet we cant let gays marry. Its sad our president would rather worry about gun controll then gay marriage.
mindurown

United States

#18 Apr 15, 2013
Jamie wrote:
I think if you are born gay it's different. I know a woman who left her husband for a another woman and she has a child. That is wrong. She is a respectable member of society and works as a manager and has completely damaged her credibility.
Who r u to say anything on her situation. I know exactly who ur talking about and if her and her family are happy thats all that matters. She is a damn good mother! I see her at my work all the time and that lil boy is given the world! Just cause shes bi means she cant be a manager? Welcome to 2013 were its EQUALITY! Your a very closeminded mean person! Her life is NOT any of ur business!
Tom

Chandler, IN

#19 Apr 15, 2013
All the Steve guy was saying they are not married in Gods eyes, & for all your info their is only one God & thats from the Bible & being gay is a sin, yes their is other sins, but Christian's have a problem with gays getting married.
AlwaysSomething

Huntingburg, IN

#20 Apr 15, 2013
I'm gay and happy...your heterosexual and happy. Do you see a gay couple judging your heterosexual relationship? No because we have more respect for one another than that. But for all you straight men out there, just know that most straight women have a gay friend. When you wont go shopping with her, I will..we are a package deal.
But to the one who opened this topix in this area your one brave person! And I just wanna kno why you would do such a thing?
And why must everyone bring in the two most famous words "Christianity" and "Bible"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tell City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maddi kellems 21 min Person from School 3
Did Brent Herzog get married?? 1 hr Sick bitch 6
ATTC Manufacturing (Aug '12) 1 hr Not exactly 48
BJ lilipop 2 hr NoteamBJfatchop 61
hey you Yes YOU 2 hr just saying 5
Seth Scott 14 hr hellbentforleather 23
Brian Wilgus got fired at Autozone Wed Nathan 23

Tell City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance