Child molester , Tehachapi

Child molester , Tehachapi

Posted in the Tehachapi Forum

Bill

Orange, CA

#1 Sep 10, 2011
Wanted Child molester from Tehachapi
Oscar Felipe Mugica D.O.B 3/14/1986 Warrant #MM055565A, wanted for failing to comply with probation requirements. Suspect fled to his hometown of Sahuayo, Michoacan 5 years ago, and his relatived have been hiding him out at Calle San Felipe #321,Colonia Centro, Sahuayo, Michoacan. Mexican authoritys detained him but was released because Kern County Sheriffs couldn't extradite him, because he is wanted for a misdemeanor case.
Bill

Orange, CA

#2 Sep 10, 2011
Tehachapinews.com

Registered sex offender list growing longer

On Sept, 29 2006, Oscar Felipe Mugica , 20, of Tehachapi , plead no contest to two charges of child molestation, resulting in mandatory lifetime registrion as a convicted sex offender, as required by California penal code setion 290, also known as Megan's Law.
Mugica was arrested on Aug, 18 for molesting two teenage girls, one of which is his wife's sister. The girls were reportedly having a sleepover in preparation for church camp at the end of July.

Kern Count Sheiff's Sr. Deputy Jim Craig, of Tehachapi's county substation, indicated there were other victims, but additional charges were not filed due to the statue of limitations.
According to Craig, Mugica has been in custody since his arrest, and will serve 120 days incarceration, three years probation, and mandatory counseling, in addition to registration. Mugica is also facing unresolved immigration charges.

"As far as i'm concerned , just by his actions he's a sexual predator," Assistant District Attorney Brian Stainfield said, adding that although legal languafge might have a more specific onnotation, "his actions speak for themselves."
Craig said that the parents of all but one victim have called to express their gratitude.
"They are very appreciative that he is going to be a lifetime registrant," Craig said.

He also said that due to attention recieved from Megan's Law, people are starting to check for registered offenders in their community.

"People are not as naive as they used to be," he said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tehachapi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word, Drop a Word! (Apr '12) Wed 75 Scorpio 199
Who is in charge around here? May 18 Not an English pr... 1
dyanna c. May 13 Cee Fran 1
I would like to run for Rosamond major (Jan '15) May 2 Mental illness 10
News Federal Election Commission dings Senate, House... Apr 30 Le Jimbo 1
News Small has big task in King case Apr 27 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Man Claiming to Be Transgender Arrested for Fil... Apr '16 TerriB1 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tehachapi Mortgages