Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178662 Feb 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and just like the boy scouts, it will be a matter of time when Churches will be sued that refuse a homosexual marriage.
Wrong, a church is a private little club, they can refuse to marry people with blue eyes, they can refuse to marry someone because they are a republican.

This is not about some church or other, this is about legal marriage, which requires no church at all, no mention of any "holy books" or beliefs and can take place in your kitchen if you want it to with someone with the right paperwork and authorized by the state to do so.( I know, I have been to one of those )

Also, who is defending the rights of churches that WANT to preform same sex marriages and are being denied the right to do so? There are tens of thousands of those as well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178663 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of those arguments were against it, just pointing out some facts. I am not against it, I just dont care, as I know nothing is going to happen with it for a long long time.
Immoral religious degenerates have made absolutely certain of that.
If you think otherwise then build your case, put it on a ballot, have a vote, send it to the Supreme Court, but donít be asking me for a donation because I could not care less. I already know the outcome of your efforts.
Wow! Imagine if someone posted similar hate, ignorance and bigotry against gay marriage.
BlueAlert

Monrovia, CA

#178664 Feb 7, 2013
The shoe is on the other foot,now the hunter's have become the hunted?
Nay Nay

Corona, CA

#178665 Feb 7, 2013
But it's completely acceptable to violate the constitution and mandate government healthcare.
I see how this works...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178666 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Imagine if someone posted similar hate, ignorance and bigotry against gay marriage.
What hate, I am explaining that any church can decide not to marry anyone for any reason they want, no matter how silly the reason, as their rules only apply to their little church.

I am defending a churches right to specifically deny doing a marriage regardless of the legality of same sex marriage.

learn to read
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#178667 Feb 7, 2013
Nay Nay wrote:
But it's completely acceptable to violate the constitution and mandate government healthcare.
I see how this works...
Government healthcare? What have you got against Medicare?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178668 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wrong post I replied to

are you complaining about my hatred of Immoral religious child molesters?

Too bad
WW they thinking

Monrovia, CA

#178669 Feb 7, 2013
A police officer has been demoted for sending sexually-explicit video to her boyfriend.

Lopez herself is now reportedly considering a lawsuit against the city.

Her lawyer explained that her case would be based on "constitutional issues over lawful off-duty behavior and violation of privacy."
WWJD

Fullerton, CA

#178670 Feb 7, 2013
Smoke out
WWJD

Los Angeles, CA

#178671 Feb 7, 2013
Thank you Jesus
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178672 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry wrong post I replied to
are you complaining about my hatred of Immoral religious child molesters?
Too bad
No I am pointing out bigotry and ignorance in condemning a whole group due to the actions of a few.

There are some bad homosexuals too. Does that mean we should label all homosexuals bad? Of course not. But that is exactly what you are doing with polygamists.

Hope that helps.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178673 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What hate...
This hate: "Immoral religious degenerates"
Black momma OG

Norwalk, CA

#178674 Feb 7, 2013
Hey it is black history month so I get to slap a white peron first my cracker husband (smile) but he will just enjoy it Hey frank why is your cousin police officer Willie shooting up people(smile)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178676 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This hate: "Immoral religious degenerates"
Yeah, people that force children to have sex with older men, the ones in the news you see all the time, and anyone that disagrees that they are Religious immoral degenerates is also an immoral degenerate.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#178682 Feb 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays can't love. I take it you've never been in love yourself considering you think they can and have, or confuse them for love.
You really are stupid

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#178684 Feb 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage disables people from reproduction. So the survival of the fittest wouldn't even work without it.
HEY stupid, reproduction is not a requirement in marriage.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#178686 Feb 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? People who marry tend to have kids, although many gays tend to accept their marriages without having kids, rather than having children. If gay marriage isn't allowed, they will be made to have sex with women to have children.
You really are stupid

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178688 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too wordy.
Really?

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178690 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Only if you are dismissive of the unrefuted answers.
2. So defensive (and avoiding the issue...)! The difference is between asking "do you think" (a question) and stating "why do you think" (an assertion). You lied. Like I said, why are these childish word games necessary for a legitimate cause?
Huh? What is your question again?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...3. Of course lots of gays have procreated. That's not what I said and you know it. Another act of deception. I said gay couples.
Not one single gay couple in ALL of human history has ever procreated....
That is unture.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
A apple tree bearing fruit.
A apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A walnut tree who never bears apples wanting to be a apple tree.
A walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!....
Why do you contend marraige has anything to do with offspring? It doesn't. Having children and getting married are two independent events!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
4. You make a simpleton blunder by confusing 'blunder' and 'defect' with 'mutation'. Evolution thrives on mutation. However, a mutation that cannot perpetuate itself is a blunder/defect.
Remember when I schooled you about the fundamental goal of evolution (VIST)?
I = Inheritance: Genetic traits are inherited from parents and are passed on to offspring.
S = Selection: Organisms with traits that are favorable to their survival get to live and pass on their genes to the next generation.
It seems to me your post picture should be a buff ego with no head...
Snicker.
Now tell me who's playing word games, really?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Snicker.
Of course your smile is gone now as it should be!
Reality2013

Thousand Oaks, CA

#178692 Feb 7, 2013
Once again we have activist judges making up their own absurd interpretation to ignore the will of the people. The ban did not violate anyone's right it just protected the ability of straight couples to differentiate their marriage from non-traditional unions. Marriage doesn't mean much anymore as it is.It was originally very religious and now is very legal. It used to be a contract you did not break for every little problem you have in a marriage. The Gay community can now be as unhappy and join the high divorce rate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tehachapi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff's investigators arrest 22 people in Ant... (Jan '09) Oct 22 Scotty two hottie 55
L.A. area mountains to be national monument Oct 9 ObamaChuLandGrabSGV 1
L.A. area mountains to be national monument Oct 9 CriminalLandGrab LA 1
lost a number of notable citizens (Jan '10) Oct 7 screwedbyscottslotta 8
My Experience With Villalobos Dog Rescue Center (Feb '11) Oct 6 CarsonMisek 27
Dog Owner Sentenced To Prison In Fatal Mauling Oct 5 Sedgewick P Hunsa... 4
Tehachapi Welcomes Child Molesters Ex Felons & ... (Feb '11) Sep 26 Sherrywalker 9
Tehachapi Dating
Find my Match

Tehachapi Jobs

Tehachapi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tehachapi News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tehachapi

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]