Truck Stop; Prostitution; Drug Dealer...

Truck Stop; Prostitution; Drug Dealers & Wal-Mart

Posted in the Tehachapi Forum

Doug

United States

#1 Nov 17, 2009
None of this is good for our city. This town is too small for the crime that our city council has invited to operate here in town. We do not need a Wal-Mart! Please! Let's keep this town moving forward not backwards! Bringing in a Wal-Mart is inviting the prisoners families to relocate to this town. We don't need gang bangers, drug dealers, thiefs and more unemployed citizens. No one wanted the Loves Truck Stop to operate here in Tehachapi but that didn't stop the city council from going ahead with the deal. How much money did they get in their pocket for that decision? Bringing in a Wal-Mart is advertising to poor and unemployed to relocate to our city. Do we really need more unemployed people here? The prisoners will be happy to have their families so close thanks to the Tehachapi City Council and the Mayor!
srmalcontent

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Doug - You are right on all counts. In the last 3 years our little town has grown into a magnet for vice of all kinds, with the town fathers/mother smiling and looking at our pretty murals. And somehow the councils and boards of directors go merrily on thier collective ways. Will the dealers or the artits win out?
You want to hedge that bet? Stay tuned and watch what happens with the NEW Tehachapi Hospital.
SrMalcontent
All Bad

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Nov 25, 2009
Tehachapi has gone to the crapper... =(
93561 Moving Backwards

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2009
Tehachapi has kept most of the crime incidents from the residents of Tehachapi fearing the outrage. Our city is no longer safe and with the truck stop here, we have to look forward to the new residents in town, PIMPS and their PROSTITUTES! Watch out for your children! We have never had the crime here in town that we are now experiencing. The city jumped on the bandwagon when they let the town get over built overnight. Obviously, the city leaders are not capable of running this unique town. Tehachapi is now crime infested and we are moving backwards not forwards when it comes to developing this city.
Bernie

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2010
Tehachapi has invited any and all low life they can find to offer them housing and a hang out where they can run their business; prostitution, pimps, drug dealers and gang bangers. What the hell was Tehachapi thinking when they agreed to a prositution,drug dealing magnet? We have problems with illegal Mexicans in our city that we can't control. We will have bigger problems with the Mexican drug cartel getting protection money from the truck stop. Tehachapi residents do not deserve this type of business in the community.
Liz

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2010
We fought the truck stop from going in by Dennys. Then they made a run for the Rodeo Grounds. Thank goodness even the School Board saw how this could impact our children and sent a letter to the City Counsel regarding our kids SAFETY. Just what we needed close to Schools and Ash Tract. At least we were able to push them farther away. Although I would have prefered the Mouth Of Sand Canyon or even better Mojave. Did you know there are about 9 Felonys per month at Truck Stops and 13.1 Regular calls to police. Maybe our City Counsel wanted to make sure the Tehachapi Police had something to do.
Bud

United States

#11 Jul 31, 2010
It appears all these writers just want to be left alone. Is there a convent nearby? Or they could move to Cal City, where you can see true government inaction and inability to attract business or even retain what it has along with the results. A writer from North Las Vegas talking about Crime here. What a laugh. Bottom line is that no one is always satisfied with what politicians do. So, speaking up at least gets it off your chest!
Josie

United States

#12 Aug 1, 2010
Told you so! Fast growth only leads to bad results. I saw it in Lancaster and noone wanted to listen in Tehachapi. There is no going back when the infrastructure has invited unwanted residents. Lancaster had a prison and that was the beginning of the end. I laughed when they wanted to put in low income housing in Tehachapi, the council thinking they still had a hunky dory town for good people in real need. And for Confederate lovers, read on:

Flag Controversy
by Borgna Brunner

The "Southern Cross"

The Confederate battle flag, called the "Southern Cross" or the cross of St. Andrew, has been described variously as a proud emblem of Southern heritage and as a shameful reminder of slavery and segregation. In the past, several Southern states flew the Confederate battle flag along with the U.S. and state flags over their statehouses. Others incorporated the controversial symbol into the design of their state flags. The Confederate battle flag has also been appropriated by the Ku Klux Klan and other racist hate groups. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than 500 extremist groups use the Southern Cross as one of their symbols.

l
rider

Marquette, MI

#13 Aug 9, 2010
Employee Rights

----------1-866-667-NLRB (1-866-667-6572)

Table of ContentsEmployee Rights NLRA Violations Conducting An Election (video) Employees/Employers NOT Covered by NLRA I Am New To This Website Referral Guide State Departments Of Labor What Is The National Labor Relations Act How Do I File A Charge Against An Employer Or A Union How Do I File A Petition To Start Or Remove A Union What Are My Rights What Are Protected Concerted Actitivites?
----------1-866-667-NLRB (1-866-667-6572)
Employee Rights
The National Labor Relations Act extends rights to many private-sector employees including the right to organize and bargain with their employer collectively. Employees covered by the Act are protected from certain types of employer and union misconduct and have the right to attempt to form a union where none currently exists. 1-866-667-NLRB (1-866-667-6572)
1-866-667-NLRB (1-866-667-6572)

Examples of Your Rights As An Employee Under the NLRA Are:
Forming, or attempting to form, a union among the employees of your employer.
Joining a union whether the union is recognized by your employer or not.
Assisting a union in organizing your fellow employees.
Engaging in protected concerted activities. Generally, "protected concerted activity" is group activity which seeks to modify wages or working conditions.
Refusing to do any or all of these things. However, the union and employer, in a State where such agreements are permitted, may enter into a lawful union-security clause requiring employees to pay union dues and fees.
The NLRA forbids employers from interfering with, restraining, or coercing employees in the exercise of rights relating to organizing, forming, joining or assisting a labor organization for collective bargaining purposes, or engaging in protected concerted activities, or refraining from any such activity. Similarly, labor organizations may not restrain or coerce employees in the exercise of these rights. 1-866-667-NLRB (1-866-667-6572)

Click on National Labor Relations Act to access the full text of the law. 1-866-667-NLRB (1-866-667-6572)
bub

Tehachapi, CA

#14 Sep 4, 2010
Doug wrote:
None of this is good for our city. This town is too small for the crime that our city council has invited to operate here in town. We do not need a Wal-Mart! Please! Let's keep this town moving forward not backwards! Bringing in a Wal-Mart is inviting the prisoners families to relocate to this town. We don't need gang bangers, drug dealers, thiefs and more unemployed citizens. No one wanted the Loves Truck Stop to operate here in Tehachapi but that didn't stop the city council from going ahead with the deal. How much money did they get in their pocket for that decision? Bringing in a Wal-Mart is advertising to poor and unemployed to relocate to our city. Do we really need more unemployed people here? The prisoners will be happy to have their families so close thanks to the Tehachapi City Council and the Mayor!
I totally disagree, this town needs help. Everyone I know wanted that truck stop. Don't speak for all
bub

Brooks, CA

#15 Sep 15, 2010
bub wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree, this town needs help. Everyone I know does not want that truck stop. Thank you for speaking on our behalf.
You Welcome. Anytime.
Wal Mart People

Manteca, CA

#17 Aug 6, 2015
What is with the coons, wetter's and white trash infiltrating Tehachapi?
Good for nothing scum is taking over Tehachapi with killings and narcotic types of crime. How do we get that crap out of here?
Coons in a white oriented town makes no sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tehachapi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Work starts on biggest electrical transmission ... (Sep '10) Nov 29 Anonymous 31
My Experience With Villalobos Dog Rescue Center (Feb '11) Nov 22 Maryjane 66
haunted places in california: tehachapi (Jul '10) Nov 21 oof 13
Lancaster going ghetto (Sep '06) Nov 19 Davidh5396 270
My Shopping Experience at Walmart (Jun '11) Nov '17 Eshmale Williamson 9
News Newman Community Shocked by Mysterious Deadly S... Oct '17 Erar311 1
Obituary Oct '17 Terri 3

Tehachapi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tehachapi Mortgages