The Bear Valley Community Services District has been in the news a lot lately with the Board of Directors coming under fire for many of the decisions it has made. Anyone who attends or watches the meetings online knows that the meetings have been well attended and often heated. Recently there was an article was published in the Tehachapi News entitled “Stocking Stuffers” by Mr. Sandy Williams. Mr. Williams calls into question decisions made by the directors to approve many of the benefits of the CSD employees and what it costs citizens of the district.
Mr. Williams is right on target when he says the CSD management to have a “costly” benefits package. Mr. Williams described the general manager’s paid leave benefits.
This leave includes 11 holidays and 12 administrative days per year.
It’s outrages what the GM gets away with.
I am not sure where Mr. Williams is employed, but I am sure he also receives a benefits package that includes sick leave, holiday pay and health insurance that is not up to par to with what the GM is receiving.
Finally someone has the courage to state facts! I am all for government accountability.
I can assure you that the district is full of honest hard working people that enjoy serving their community, and at the same time, the district has many that are taking advantage of the community. Maybe its time for people to stop and think about the ever increasing assessments and who is benefiting; the employees or the people dishing out more money for some employees to take advantage of a free automobile, fuel, insurance for themselves and their families.
This brings me to the biggest issue, having watched the CSD meetings and read the letters to the editor, it seems that there is much more going on than just the citizenry being concerned about the finances of their government. Mr. Williams appears to have pissed off some public servants. If the CSD was truly set on finding ways to save money, why have they not mentioned any viable ideas?
Furthermore, I agree with his math by saying the CSD could save $100k per year on take-home vehicles if not more. It would be refreshing if the CSD could provide accurate numbers regarding the miles on the vehicles for business vs. personal use.
In addition, when he discusses the personal use of district vehicles by certain employees, I can only add that that is not an option. With certain positions, there comes corruption.
Mr. Williams is upset with the Board of Directors as most of us are. We should not vote for the same directors at the next election. The board should remember that their job is a difficult one; their job is not a free car for their pleasure.
What the CSD should remember is that the district requires the hard work of many employees to keep the district a nice community for citizens to live.