Man severely burned when Toyota ignites

Full story: KFOR

A man with Texas plates and a Texas ID is in critical condition with second and third degree burns covering nearly 70 percent of his body.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gary

Sulphur, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

If you smoke, put gasoline in the trunk...if it spills in the trunk, so what...you'll still be alive.
Frank

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

Doesn't matter if you smoke or not, never carry gasoline in the passenger compartment.
PDubbb

Bethany, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

KFOR made it sound like the car caught on fire because it is a TOYOTA. Which moron carries gasoline and cigarettes in a car? Chances are he forgot he had gas in the car and tried to light one up.
Carol

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

Could using a cell phone have caused the fumes to ignite? They have warnings on gas pumps not to use your phone while filling the tank.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

I knew Coke, I'm sorry that he has passed, but all I have to say is Karma hit back with a 2x4 and now my friends no longer have to worry about him harassing them.
idear

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

me think he was doing this on purpose to check out of here.
Rolf

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

I believe KFOR needs to issue a retraction here - the Toyota did not ignite - the GAS being carried INSIDE of it did. The manufacturer of the vehicle has no bearing on the story other than trying to sensationalize it. If you carry gasoline in the passenger compartment of the vehicle and you smoke at the same time, something bad will happen regardless of who makes the vehicle.

I am disappointed in KFOR.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Rolf wrote:
I believe KFOR needs to issue a retraction here - the Toyota did not ignite - the GAS being carried INSIDE of it did. The manufacturer of the vehicle has no bearing on the story other than trying to sensationalize it. If you carry gasoline in the passenger compartment of the vehicle and you smoke at the same time, something bad will happen regardless of who makes the vehicle.
He didn't smoke. The cigarettes were from a previous passenger.
PDubbb

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Then it could have been from a lighter or even the extreme heat we have been having. The fumes must have filled the car cabin and a cell phone like carol mentioned or a spark or heat must have set the fire
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

anon wrote:
I knew Coke, I'm sorry that he has passed, but all I have to say is Karma hit back with a 2x4 and now my friends no longer have to worry about him harassing them.
Obviously a product of the Texas school system. The article didn't say anything about anyone passing. Read it again moron. Maybe Karma needs to hit you with a 2x4 to reset your brain.
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

And for you morons that believe that cell phones ignite gas fumes, get a life. There has never been a documented case of a cell phone igniting a fire at a gas pump. The real cause is static electricity caused by getting in and out of your car. Oh and the next time a flight attendant says that it is an FAA regulation not to use your cell phone on a plane, you can call them on that too. It’s an FCC regulation and has nothing to do with the “navigation systems” but in reality has to do with the fact your would be hitting thousands of cell towers at a time. And the statement about the weather being hot may have caused this? Find a brain and use it.
Other Anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you know more of what happened than the police. Fill us in.
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You really didn't read the article did you? It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Rolf wrote:

You should be more concerned with your reading comprehension. It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
chris

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

life goes on.
not the other chris

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Mikel wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be more concerned with your reading comprehension. It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
The headline says the Toyota Ignites. That does clearly say it was the car that ignited, not the gas.
Frank

Purcell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He was smoking when they found him, but from the fire
Gigglesnort

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Judged:

Wow, I have seen some way bitter people, but I think MikeL takes the cake. @smooch@
anon

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Mikel wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously a product of the Texas school system. The article didn't say anything about anyone passing. Read it again moron. Maybe Karma needs to hit you with a 2x4 to reset your brain.
You obviously didn't read my statement before responding. I said I knew Coke.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Mikel wrote:
<quoted text>
You really didn't read the article did you? It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
Never said the Toyota caused the fire, I just stated he didn't smoke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tecumseh Discussions

Search the Tecumseh Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 15 min tariff 62,146
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 17 hr Indian 2,357
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 17 hr JAG 11,263
Hottest Women in Shawnee (Oct '13) Tue The J Dawg 3
Prom Apr 6 Question 1
raye dawn smith- child abusing skank finds hers... (Feb '11) Mar 31 send her money 22
Glassco Mar 28 Concerned Citizen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Tecumseh Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tecumseh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••