Man severely burned when Toyota ignites

Man severely burned when Toyota ignites

There are 21 comments on the KFOR story from Aug 6, 2010, titled Man severely burned when Toyota ignites. In it, KFOR reports that:

A man with Texas plates and a Texas ID is in critical condition with second and third degree burns covering nearly 70 percent of his body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gary

Davis, OK

#1 Aug 7, 2010
If you smoke, put gasoline in the trunk...if it spills in the trunk, so what...you'll still be alive.
Frank

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Aug 7, 2010
Doesn't matter if you smoke or not, never carry gasoline in the passenger compartment.
PDubbb

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Aug 7, 2010
KFOR made it sound like the car caught on fire because it is a TOYOTA. Which moron carries gasoline and cigarettes in a car? Chances are he forgot he had gas in the car and tried to light one up.
Carol

AOL

#4 Aug 7, 2010
Could using a cell phone have caused the fumes to ignite? They have warnings on gas pumps not to use your phone while filling the tank.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Aug 7, 2010
I knew Coke, I'm sorry that he has passed, but all I have to say is Karma hit back with a 2x4 and now my friends no longer have to worry about him harassing them.
idear

Edmond, OK

#6 Aug 8, 2010
me think he was doing this on purpose to check out of here.
Rolf

Edmond, OK

#7 Aug 8, 2010
I believe KFOR needs to issue a retraction here - the Toyota did not ignite - the GAS being carried INSIDE of it did. The manufacturer of the vehicle has no bearing on the story other than trying to sensationalize it. If you carry gasoline in the passenger compartment of the vehicle and you smoke at the same time, something bad will happen regardless of who makes the vehicle.

I am disappointed in KFOR.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Aug 8, 2010
Rolf wrote:
I believe KFOR needs to issue a retraction here - the Toyota did not ignite - the GAS being carried INSIDE of it did. The manufacturer of the vehicle has no bearing on the story other than trying to sensationalize it. If you carry gasoline in the passenger compartment of the vehicle and you smoke at the same time, something bad will happen regardless of who makes the vehicle.
I am disappointed in KFOR.
He didn't smoke. The cigarettes were from a previous passenger.
PDubbb

Lawton, OK

#9 Aug 8, 2010
Then it could have been from a lighter or even the extreme heat we have been having. The fumes must have filled the car cabin and a cell phone like carol mentioned or a spark or heat must have set the fire
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

#10 Aug 8, 2010
anon wrote:
I knew Coke, I'm sorry that he has passed, but all I have to say is Karma hit back with a 2x4 and now my friends no longer have to worry about him harassing them.
Obviously a product of the Texas school system. The article didn't say anything about anyone passing. Read it again moron. Maybe Karma needs to hit you with a 2x4 to reset your brain.
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

#11 Aug 8, 2010
And for you morons that believe that cell phones ignite gas fumes, get a life. There has never been a documented case of a cell phone igniting a fire at a gas pump. The real cause is static electricity caused by getting in and out of your car. Oh and the next time a flight attendant says that it is an FAA regulation not to use your cell phone on a plane, you can call them on that too. It’s an FCC regulation and has nothing to do with the “navigation systems” but in reality has to do with the fact your would be hitting thousands of cell towers at a time. And the statement about the weather being hot may have caused this? Find a brain and use it.
Other Anon

Irving, TX

#12 Aug 8, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't smoke. The cigarettes were from a previous passenger.
Sounds like you know more of what happened than the police. Fill us in.
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

#13 Aug 8, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't smoke. The cigarettes were from a previous passenger.
You really didn't read the article did you? It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
Mikel

Cheyenne, WY

#14 Aug 8, 2010
Rolf wrote:
I believe KFOR needs to issue a retraction here - the Toyota did not ignite - the GAS being carried INSIDE of it did. The manufacturer of the vehicle has no bearing on the story other than trying to sensationalize it. If you carry gasoline in the passenger compartment of the vehicle and you smoke at the same time, something bad will happen regardless of who makes the vehicle.
I am disappointed in KFOR.

You should be more concerned with your reading comprehension. It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Aug 9, 2010
life goes on.
not the other chris

Edmond, OK

#16 Aug 9, 2010
Mikel wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be more concerned with your reading comprehension. It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
The headline says the Toyota Ignites. That does clearly say it was the car that ignited, not the gas.
Frank

Purcell, OK

#17 Aug 9, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't smoke. The cigarettes were from a previous passenger.
He was smoking when they found him, but from the fire
Gigglesnort

Frisco, TX

#18 Aug 9, 2010
Wow, I have seen some way bitter people, but I think MikeL takes the cake. @[email protected]
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Aug 9, 2010
Mikel wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously a product of the Texas school system. The article didn't say anything about anyone passing. Read it again moron. Maybe Karma needs to hit you with a 2x4 to reset your brain.
You obviously didn't read my statement before responding. I said I knew Coke.
anon

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Aug 9, 2010
Mikel wrote:
<quoted text>
You really didn't read the article did you? It says he was driving a Toyota. It says nothing about the Toyota causing the fire.
Never said the Toyota caused the fire, I just stated he didn't smoke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tecumseh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Hogue "bama" Oct 16 doublebit 1
News Custody battle with OG&E (Apr '10) Oct 12 Cristalmoody 63
Beware!!! Oct 9 Dontyouwish 1
Corrupt Shawnee Court (Nov '08) Oct 4 Kristie 89
Kimberly Corley Stuck Up Bia Bia Sep 30 Kyle Wilson 2
Kickapoo McDonalds Sep 25 Dennis Z 5
News Is anyone interested in discussing Mike Porter? (Dec '08) Sep 20 Skeletons 254

Tecumseh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tecumseh Mortgages