Judge finds no grounds for harboring ...

Judge finds no grounds for harboring charge

There are 1 comment on the The Shawnee News-Star story from Jan 28, 2006, titled Judge finds no grounds for harboring charge. In it, The Shawnee News-Star reports that:

A judge ruled Thursday there was not sufficient evidence to continue a felony case against a Tecumseh private investigator who was charged in August with harboring a fugitive from justice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shawnee News-Star.

Leah Fitzgerald

AOL

#1 May 29, 2006
None of the information printed about me nor the details of the event are accurate. This version of the case is grossly incorrect and in my opinion slanted. If you read the court transcripts from my preliminary hearing you would see how in error this article is. During that hearing where as Deputy Rodriguez testifies the sheriffs department received a call requesting they do what amounted to a health and welfare check. You would understand that on 18 August 2005 when the sheriffs department demanded I produce a child for them to take with them with out any explanation there were no allegations of kidnapping or custodial interference against anyone. I hid no one anywhere, however my children were in the playroom which is located in the attic area. Being in the attic is not a crime, hiding in a attic is not a crime, being found in a attic is not a crime. You can see the event on my CCT recording and it is clear what happened. If you read the court transcripts you would see that the deputy himself even testifies under oath that I did NOT represent to them that New was not there. It is established that they had no reason to bust down my door at gunpoint with out a warrant or search warrant for my residence and falsely arrest me, this was a violation of my constitutional and civil rights.

Because you know that the information is wrong I would ask your paper to print a correct version of this story as this is the 4th article that you have published that is wrong. I would be happy to show you my copy of the court transcripts and provide you with a correct statement.

Thank You
Leah M Fitzgerald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tecumseh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What the Hell is Going on in Prague 7 hr Agree 2
Megan Cheek: Dates Ugly Guys For Money Wed Grand 5
Watson s Auction Services Maud (Jun '13) Jun 15 Bonnie 20
Trying to locate .......................... Jun 11 Cactus 1
News Custody battle with OG&E (Apr '10) Jun 6 adam 58
Corrupt Shawnee Court (Nov '08) May '16 Virtagoh 81
News Chupacabra spotted near Tecumseh? (Jul '10) Aug '15 Anne M 58

Tecumseh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance